Cdr: FC Barcelona - Atletico de Madrid 1-0

dakt

Well deserved Goal! Dissappointed from atletico, a team of that quality should do more than park the bus.

I hate their game so much that I don't care at all if that pen. was real or not. We could have scored most lousy, shitty, unfair goal...I wouldn't care at all.
They are killing football.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We played GREAT. Seriously, we did. We were unluckly, but this guys didn't create shit. They did absolutely nothing on offense, and we all know how good their defense is. Next leg no Godin, thats great news. Half of job done!

Agreed.

Many fans are brainwashed by English/epl biased media and keep underestimating Atletico all the time. Same team that chew and spat out Chelski last season. Mighty epl leaders btw

Atleti created nothing for the second time in 10 days and Barca were clearly better and created enough under circumstances.

If you can't be happy just try to remember when was the last time we beat Diego Simeone's team before this season.

As for the ref, it continues to puzzle me how every time in last 5 years refs pick a lenient criterion when we face thugs from either side of Madrid.

Great win and well done to Lucho and the boys.

Neimax

Solid performance from our team. But i start to get really worried about Suárez. It seems he doesn't think fst enough in some situation and his passes are very inaccurate. If he could manage to fix this out I'm sure his goals will come, and with Suárez, Messi and Neymar in top form, we can achieve a lot. I also think our defence played good tonight, but we mustn't forget that it were only a few good games right now. We still have to improve, but I think we are in the right direction.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
So Godin and Mandzukic suspended for the next game. That makes it much easier, IMO.

raskolnikov

Them needing a goal means they have to attack and open up, with no Godin in defence we can definitely hit them first and get that goal so they would need 3, which they wont get if our defence is as solid as tonight.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Our defending has improved a lot imo. We are not conceding in set pieces against team like atletico even with masch as CB. Midfield slowly turning out be decent. This is one of those games where you need to bury your chances and play with more urgency. We did not finish our chances initially and atletico made it difficult as the match progressed. Without an early goal it is almost impossible to break a bus. They will never come out to attack without going down leaving our players to beat 2 lines of defenders for every attack, almost no counters opposite to last match.

King Leo

Banned
Them needing a goal means they have to attack and open up, with no Godin in defence we can definitely hit them first and get that goal so they would need 3, which they wont get if our defence is as solid as tonight.

Yes, their game will be different when we play them in Madrid. We played very well, although Suarez is once again not worth the money we spent on him (ok, blame the coach). we can play even better in the next game.

F

Flavia

@busi1325 25 segHá 26 segundos Touches vs Atlético:
Alves 130
Messi 101
Alba 99
Iniesta 87
Piqué 83
Ney 80
Busquets 75
Masche 72
Rakitic 59
Ter Stegen 39
Suárez 33

Passes vs Atlético:
Alves 86
Alba 76
Piqué 67
Iniesta 66
Masche 64
Messi 62
Busquets 61
Ney 57
Rakitic 45
Ter Stegen 33
Suárez 18

mssarm

Mandzukic no yellow. Juanfran has yellow but I think he can play. Godin is out for sure and considering the fact that he is the commander and chief of Atleti bus, it should be enough. The pressure is now on Atleti, they have to change their tactics, because with existing tactics they were not able to create anything serious against Barca for the second game in the row. That might unsettle them and create lot of pressure since it looks like the CDR and the Ligue are fading away.

Home of Barca Fans