Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
pa-photos_t_premier-league-managers-young-gallery-pies-1412i.jpg

article-0-05289AD4000005DC-167_468x425.jpg

preview.jpg

:worthy:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
He now needs to learn how to win the league. This CL win will only keep him employed there for a little bit unless he wins another.

El Gato

Villarato!
Boss. Genius among managers. There is nothing I dislike about the way we play and I never imagined some of these ideas would work. Some of the personal decisions regarding the lineup is a different thing, but they largely go along Carlo's vision and thinking. I never watched Madrid so composed and focused. With Jose, sure, maybe we'd win but it'd be paid off with a large amount of energy and bullying to achieve superiority while hot heads prevail and we'd have to hope for no forward missing a sitter. When Benzema and Cristiano mess up these days I'm not really worried, because in the end they contribute anyway. Now we have so many strengths to play up to.
- Isco runs his lungs out while making up for piss poor performance in the first half and securing his place in the starting 11 for the next couple of weeks (to me Bale getting back in from the get go will be some serious fuckery)
- Modrić after a crappy start of the season gets back into form and responds
- The whole midfield responds to a very weak performance in the first half by minimizing any damage Barca's mids did to them in the first half.
- Carvajal turned into a new Cafu by putting some dangerous offensive trio in his pocket
- Marcelo's jolly idiot style of play doesn't leave bad taste in your mouth so much because he makes up with what he contributes to the offense (albeit only when aided by the midfield who cover for him properly)
- Even Iker becomes more useful than a towel hung off of the crossbar and showed some better level of confidence

Everything is clicking and reaction to mistakes is immediate, only takes Carlo's and Hierro's pep talk to wake them up. And we're not even seeing the ceiling of this team's potential! James and Isco are only getting better with time! Kroos is in his 3rd month only.

In some ways I'm more happy now to see these results post-Decima than when we won the Decima itself, because to me Decima isn't that much important than Septima or so.. It's been an obsession but the focus Carlo developed.. This team has at least 2 years of seriously amazing showcase performances in their legs. No better time to be a Madrid fan than now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Mentioned couple of times that playing without a proper dm works if you have a cohesive and hard working team. In comparison, Barca basically plays with one man less as Busquets is next to useless both defensively and offensively.
Carlo is a great manager.

Home of Barca Fans