Camp Nou

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
This is some BS. All along they told us the 1.5 billion or so money borrowed include the Nou Palau, which is part of Espai Barça, now they are getting all wishy washy about whether the Nou Palau is part of the plan after all. 1.05 billion just for renovating Camp Nou and nothing else? With that amount of money, you can build a new stadium, let alone renovating an existing one.

We need the Nou Palau, it will help generate more revenue for the club by hosting indoor concerts and events etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
This is some BS. All along they told us the 1.5 billion or so money borrowed include the Nou Palau, which is part of Espai Barça, now they are getting all wishy washy about whether the Nou Palau is part of the plan after all. 1.05 billion just for renovating Camp Nou and nothing else? With that amount of money, you can build a new stadium, let alone renovating an existing one.

We need the Nou Palau, it will help generate more revenue for the club by hosting indoor concerts and events etc.

Cost of materials have gone up the roof due to the general inflation worldwide tbh.
I wish they went with a project where you could hold all those stuff at Camp Nou instead like with the new Bernabeu. While Bernabeu's exterior look shit they beat us on everything else.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cost of materials have gone up the roof due to the general inflation worldwide tbh.
I wish they went with a project where you could hold all those stuff at Camp Nou instead like with the new Bernabeu. While Bernabeu's exterior look shit they beat us on everything else.

I don't think the increase in the cost of materials alone explains the lack of specified funding for the Nou Palau. They had known this for a while by now, and when the pitched the Espai Barça project to all of us the Nou Palau was included and they even have a rendered picture with the sleek exterior of the Nou Palau next to Camp Nou. I don't think the socis were told when they voted that the money was going be for Camp Nou only.

Also, we are different from Madrid as we have many more non-football sections that utilize the Palau, such as basketball, handball, futsal and roller hockey (the latter three Madrid doesn't have), so it makes sense to have a separate indoor venue for those, and it is part of our tradition I guess. I actually like the exterior of the New Bernabeu, other than that and the retractable pitch (which has allegedly caused some problems for their pitch which has been replaced 5 times so far this season already, to the point that even Ancelotti was complaining about it recently) which would allow them to host NFL games and even tennis matches, theirs aren't that much better in my opinion.

Andresito

Staff member
This is an animation of how the rebuild will be done step by step

It's gross IMO.
Turning a beauty of a stadium into one of the modern ugly mega-stadiums that look all the same
What stadiums do you think look good?

Porque

I don't think the increase in the cost of materials alone explains the lack of specified funding for the Nou Palau. They had known this for a while by now, and when the pitched the Espai Barça project to all of us the Nou Palau was included and they even have a rendered picture with the sleek exterior of the Nou Palau next to Camp Nou. I don't think the socis were told when they voted that the money was going be for Camp Nou only.

Also, we are different from Madrid as we have many more non-football sections that utilize the Palau, such as basketball, handball, futsal and roller hockey (the latter three Madrid doesn't have), so it makes sense to have a separate indoor venue for those, and it is part of our tradition I guess. I actually like the exterior of the New Bernabeu, other than that and the retractable pitch (which has allegedly caused some problems for their pitch which has been replaced 5 times so far this season already, to the point that even Ancelotti was complaining about it recently) which would allow them to host NFL games and even tennis matches, theirs aren't that much better in my opinion.

There was talk last week that the stadoum

There were talks last week (that guy who left and was part of Espai project) that the bloated stadium loan is because part will be used against other debt servicing.

Birdy

What stadiums do you think look good?

These beauties for instance:
2013-10-26-FCB-REAL-MADRID_001-2-.jpg

86842751e72f2705d80e6ac260d74246.jpg

EY4SRfgWoAA0qUa-819x1024.jpg

42e2638c67a043f6a959bd9836000d5e.jpg

1683647534382.jpeg
1683647838439.jpeg
2347D76F00000578-0-image-20_1416352006271.jpg

Here is a thread presenting the problem:
There is a global trend where old stadiums filled with history and character are being demolished to erect the very same mega-stadiums

Home of Barca Fans