Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not really. It's like saying Tito and Tata should have done as well as Pep with the team they had, but they really didn't nor did we play that well either...

Or that the reason for Chelsea sucking so much isn't Mourinho, partly atleast....

Or that SAF won the PL with a Man Utd team Moyes struggled so much with. And so on. This rhetoric sounds good, but it's as far away from reality as it can be.

You can have a great team, but with a bad or clueless coach, the team will never perform to its potential and most likely underperform heavily.

And considering Carlo has barely won any leagues in his long career, no league is probably weak enough for him to concede or fail to win the title.

Last edited:

raskolnikov

Bundelsiga is, you coud put a chimp in front of the team and they would still win it. Probably nowhere near as easily but who will realistically come close?
Bayern is like Celtic currently.
I dont mind praising Pep but winning the Bundesliga is nothing impressive, Bayern destroying teams is but as long as he doesnt win a cl his stay will be mediocre.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Competition is very low, I agree with that, but put Moyes in Bayern and I'd back Dortmund to be ahead of them instead of 7 points behind(wouldn't actually mind that lol). This is not FM or FIFA Career Mode.

I see these kind of comments all the time. Used to see them when we were dominating too. People saying you could put anyone in charge of Barca and that person would do as well as Pep, but that's just pure fantasy.

Morten

Competition is very low, I agree with that, but put Moyes in Bayern and I'd back Dortmund to be ahead of them instead of 7 points behind(wouldn't actually mind that lol). This is not FM or FIFA Career Mode.

I see these kind of comments all the time. Used to see them when we were dominating too. People saying you could put anyone in charge of Barca and that person would do as well as Pep, but that's just pure fantasy.

Common, that comparison is just silly. You won CL 2 times in 3 or 4 seasons during that period, and Real Madrid was/is one of the best teams around. All Bayern has had to contend with is a up and down Dortmund, while getting smashed time and time again in the semis.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Bayern destroyed the Bundesliga ... they will walk all over the teams till their squad gets a little older

it's been a one horse race since they slowly dismantled Dortmund and now it's turning into a boring league that ends after 4-5 weeks

they will live to regret it as they did in the last 3 years... getting beaten in the CL when it mattered because the players are sleeping for 3-4 month before the big KO stage
on paper & on ability they can win the CL especially now that they have the back up for Robben & Ribery and a much mobile CM in Vidal

their only weakness will be sharpness towards the end when there is nothing to play for for several month in a row , that's Pep biggest challenge and i know he tried to lose some games before last year CL crunch games to make them ready.. he needs to do it again & this year with the backup wingers they stand a great chance of getting the CL
as for the league... dead & buried early as usual

Yes Bayern has no competition in the Bundesliga largely because of other teams not being able to put together and retain such high-level rosters due to their financial constraints, but I think Bayern is genuinely that good and they would dominate other leagues as well (but certainly not to the extend that they dominate the Buli). Also I'd think Guardiola will probably learn the lessons after the past two seasons.

Beast

The Observer
My mistake .. the last 2 years & probably this year too

Bayern in the CL are far away from the league form, the competition gives false sense that all is ok

yes Robben & Ribery was on the injury table than the field ...with the exception of the 2014 as u said when they were handed a cold shower however Barca match aside last year against Porto the trio of Goetze - Muller & Lewa aren't anywhere as bad as some make it they shouldn't be down in any game 3-1 and against Porto of all teams (despite the fact that unlike Klopp , Pep haven't utilized Goetze as it should be although this year i saw improvement from the midget )
sure they beat Porto in the return leg 6-1 but let's throw in the missing players card as we do with Porto ..they were without the two attacking fullback outlets Danilo & Alex Sandro and they did make a big difference for Porto last year... Bayern shouldn't be losing 3-1 to a team like Porto who's best are way behind it .. nor they should be losing to Arsenal 2-0

Yes OFFICIALLY Bayern won the league in the 28th week or 27th... that's 7 weeks & 8 weeks before the finish... you don't think that's a big GAP already !!??

Do you think anyone in the world thinks that for some mysterious reasons the 7 point gap in week 10 between BM & BVB will be overturned ?
I have many German friends who are complaining there is no much fun anymore things are done & dusted.. the problem is the league itself lost the reputation it built 2+ years ago when they had both BVB & BM in the final
Bayern buys any upcoming threat and for one reason or the other it turns it to a one horse race and this will always affect the form in the CL ... even with RM & Barca we keep each other on our toes till the last 2 weeks and lately Atletico joined the fun .. with BM it's not the same , they can play the B team & come out winning 3-0 ... but where is this against the other EU top dogs ? i didn't see it yet .. not since Jopp left
sure this year they could be well rested like the last 2 years before the crunch time but the competitiveness is not there
I don't know about the healthy part as well , like Rafa it could be something wrong in the training drills ? .. because after Pep clash with BM famous doctor the injuries are still the same ... needs some input from resident BM fans here who know more of what's going on inside the club

Beast

The Observer
Yes Bayern has no competition in the Bundesliga largely because of other teams not being able to put together and retain such high-level rosters due to their financial constraints, but I think Bayern is genuinely that good and they would dominate other leagues as well (but certainly not to the extend that they dominate the Buli). Also I'd think Guardiola will probably learn the lessons after the past two seasons.
That good but come short many times in the CL, needless to say the results of Neverkusen & other BL reps in the CL do support the weakness of the league in general ... Arsenal wasn't a one off... anyhow we will see this year
it will take great work from Pep to take this form into the CL...

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
That good but come short many times in the CL, needless to say the results of Neverkusen & other BL reps in the CL do support the weakness of the league in general ... Arsenal wasn't a one off... anyhow we will see this year
it will take great work from Pep to take this form into the CL...

I certainly hope you are right, Beast. As to how other Buli teams have done in the CL, last season Schalke gave you guys a serious run for your money (Schalke's home game against you was some of the best football I had ever seen) and Leverkusen almost beat a tough Atletico side that both of us found hard to beat. We will see. I just think due to the fact that Bayern easily dominates the Bundesliga and faces no real competition people are giving Buli teams less credit than they deserve.

khaled_a_d

My mistake .. the last 2 years & probably this year too

Bayern in the CL are far away from the league form, the competition gives false sense that all is ok

yes Robben & Ribery was on the injury table than the field ...with the exception of the 2014 as u said when they were handed a cold shower however Barca match aside last year against Porto the trio of Goetze - Muller & Lewa aren't anywhere as bad as some make it they shouldn't be down in any game 3-1 and against Porto of all teams (despite the fact that unlike Klopp , Pep haven't utilized Goetze as it should be although this year i saw improvement from the midget )
sure they beat Porto in the return leg 6-1 but let's throw in the missing players card as we do with Porto ..they were without the two attacking fullback outlets Danilo & Alex Sandro and they did make a big difference for Porto last year... Bayern shouldn't be losing 3-1 to a team like Porto who's best are way behind it .. nor they should be losing to Arsenal 2-0

Yes OFFICIALLY Bayern won the league in the 28th week or 27th... that's 7 weeks & 8 weeks before the finish... you don't think that's a big GAP already !!??

Do you think anyone in the world thinks that for some mysterious reasons the 7 point gap in week 10 between BM & BVB will be overturned ?
I have many German friends who are complaining there is no much fun anymore things are done & dusted.. the problem is the league itself lost the reputation it built 2+ years ago when they had both BVB & BM in the final
Bayern buys any upcoming threat and for one reason or the other it turns it to a one horse race and this will always affect the form in the CL ... even with RM & Barca we keep each other on our toes till the last 2 weeks and lately Atletico joined the fun .. with BM it's not the same , they can play the B team & come out winning 3-0 ... but where is this against the other EU top dogs ? i didn't see it yet .. not since Jopp left
sure this year they could be well rested like the last 2 years before the crunch time but the competitiveness is not there
I don't know about the healthy part as well , like Rafa it could be something wrong in the training drills ? .. because after Pep clash with BM famous doctor the injuries are still the same ... needs some input from resident BM fans here who know more of what's going on inside the club

I think that post in reply to my post(a piece of advice ,quotes will make things easier for others :) )
I've never denied the gap difference ,I just don't see it as the reason of not winning CL ,as I pointed they won CL in a season they won the Bundesliga in 28th week,just one week later than Pep did in 2014,and 2 weeks earlier than he did in 2015 .
There is simply nothing yet to support this claim tbh .

As for other points ,yeah Bundesliga need some competition , BVB isn't near as good right now and other teams have their ups and downs and still far from Bayern

serghei

There is just no way of that happening. Blanc is a good example, people say he is not that great of a coach, but he still won 4 titles out of 4 in France. But then you look at PSG's team and then at the other teams in the league and it all makes sense. The gap in quality between the teams us just too damn big for a single man to affect it.

khaled_a_d

There is just no way of that happening. Blanc is a good example, people say he is not that great of a coach, but he still won 4 titles out of 4 in France. But then you look at PSG's team and then at the other teams in the league and it all makes sense. The gap in quality between the teams us just too damn big for a single man to affect it.

Blanc is a very good coach ,not comparable to the elite but not bad at all either. and 2 consecutive quarter finals CL appearance with that team ain't that bad either .they could have done better last year if the draw put them against another team too

serghei

Blanc is a very good coach ,not comparable to the elite but not bad at all either. and 2 consecutive quarter finals CL appearance with that team ain't that bad either .they could have done better last year if the draw put them against another team too

Moyes made a CL QF as well with a shit United team. He is not as bad as people say he is.

Louis Bloom

Same treatment? What exactly do you mean? Munir and Sandro are getting limited minutes because MSN works pretty well for us, right? Coman is getting more minutes lately because Robbery had been out, right? Robben is back already and slowly finding his match fitness and more playing time, Ribery is questionable but Douglas Costa's default position is LW anyway so we will see Coman's minutes shrinking, no? Sure, when Robbery are phased out completely it will be the Coco duo replacing them.

So?

Can you see Munir and Sandro replacing anyone upfront for us for long period?

serghei

Competition is very low, I agree with that, but put Moyes in Bayern and I'd back Dortmund to be ahead of them instead of 7 points behind(wouldn't actually mind that lol).

You'd back Valencia to win La Liga if Barca/Real had an ordinary coach? Nah, very slim chances of that happening. When Real was managed by Juande Ramos, in 2008-09, they finished 2nd behind Barcelona, 8 points clear of the 3rd placed team (not to mention they even challenged Barca to a point). If not for Pep's Barca, Juande Ramos would have won the league with Real Madrid in a pretty easy manner.

The same would happen with Bayern in Germany. Put an ordinary coach at the helm of that team and it still wins Bundesliga by 8+ points difference. When the 2nd best team in the league has maybe a quarter of your financial power, that says it all.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans