Bundesliga

Who will win the Bundesliga this season?

• Borussia Dortmund

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stuttgart

• Other

• Total voters

serghei

I'd add Mueller and Costa.

Enough said on Mueller already. Costa, albeit being more or less of an one-trick-pony, is an awesome one-trick-pony with his fast pace and lethal crosses.

Goetze also has improved this season.

On the other hand, Thiago has been very average, great to see that. :) Vidal who has such a repulsive face along with Mueller, hasn't been that great either in my opinion.

I'd give you Muller maybe, but I personaly don't think about him as someone that would scare me as a Barca fan. Madrid has more players that scare me tbh (Benzema, James, Ronaldo, Modric).

I haven't seen Costa, so I'll wait for CL advanced stages to speak my mind about him, as I prefer to watch La Liga, Serie A and Premier League, and don't watch a lot of Bundesliga.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

One problem is that Bayern's team won't be remembered over years because there won't be a player tied to that specific part of history. Like Madrid being talked about for Di Stefano, Benfica for Eusebio, Barca for Messi, Argentina 86 for Maradona, Brazil for Pele etc. Bayern will drop in that class of teams that won things playing great football, but falling just short of legendary status, because that performance isn't tied to something that will last the test of time: like the aura of a generational player. So, one thing would be place in history.

By the very definition, Real are also lacking a generational player, as ofc, there can only be one greatest of a generation. And we all know who that player is. ;)

R

Ryu Hayabusa

I'd give you Muller maybe, but I personaly don't think about him as someone that would scare me as a Barca fan. Madrid has more players that scare me tbh (Benzema, James, Ronaldo, Modric).

I haven't seen Costa, so I'll wait for CL advanced stages to speak my mind about him, as I prefer to watch La Liga, Serie A and Premier League, and don't watch a lot of Bundesliga.

Müller who invented a whole new type of player role doesn't scare you, but guys like Benzema and Modric do? Hmkay, different valuation from the both of us. Especially in form, Müller is one of a kind, the two Madrid players are not. Not even close in fact.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Not exactly, or not exactly yet. Robben cuts in a lot, Costa so far seems to be content with providing crosses around the byline instead of cutting in and take the shot himself.

Costa only cuts inside when played on the right, which has rarely happened under Pep so far. On the left, his crosses are more valuable, I guess.
Götze on the left is useless, on the right he seems to be doing acceptable most of the time.
As for Coman, the same can be said as for Costa, only to a lesser degree and with the wings switched.

serghei

By the very definition, Real are also lacking a generational player, as ofc, there can only be one greatest of a generation. And we all know who that player is. ;)

Cristiano Ronaldo had years in which he was the best player in the world. Tell me when was the last time Bayern had the best player in the world playing for them. I'm watching football for more than 20 years and that never happened. You have great players, and a great team, and a system that works, but not exactly players of genius that leave you in awe of them. That includes both Muller, Robben, Ribery and others. Great players, yes, genius players, no.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cristiano Ronaldo had years in which he was the best player in the world. Tell me when was the last time Bayern had the best player in the world playing for them. I'm watching football for more than 20 years and that never happened. You have great players, and a great team, and a system that works, but not exactly players of genius that leave you in awe of them. That includes both Muller, Robben, Ribery and others. Great players, yes, genius players, no.

But what's wrong with that though, serghei? Football at the end of the day is about winning team trophies, with or without those once in a generation players.

After Messi/Xavi/Iniesta are all gone, we are still a great team to love even though we don't have them any more.

serghei

But what's wrong with that though, serghei? Football at the end of the day is about winning team trophies, with or without those once in a generation players.

After Messi/Xavi/Iniesta are all gone, we are still a great team to love even though we don't have them any more.

Nothing is wrong. It's just that teams that also have special individuals to add to that team cohesion and unity are harder to beat, because you also have to defend the personal genius of those players. It's one extra advantage, to have several players who could pull something out of the ordinary. Bundesliga outside Bayern (who has Lewandowski, and maybe Muller) is almost voided of players like that. The only non-Bayern offensive star player in Bundesliga I could name is Reus, whereas in Spain, England, or even Italy, there are several, spreaded at more teams.

Last edited:

diDi7

Nothing is wrong. It's just that teams that also have special individuals to add to that team cohesion and unity are harder to beat, because you also have to defend the personal genius of those players. It's one extra advantage, to have several players who could pull something out of the ordinary. Bundesliga outside Bayern (who has Lewandowski, and maybe Muller) is almost voided of players like that. The only non-Bayern offensive star player in Bundesliga I could name is Reus, whereas in Spain, England, or even Italy, there are several, spreaded at more teams.

Could you please provide a point to all of this? You talk about remembering great teams because of individuals that represented the victories of those teams, yet you cannot even consider players like Neuer, Robeen or Mueller being an integral part of Bayern's recent successes? I'm sorry, but someone like Neuer is special, and if you choose not to see him as a memorable player, that's down to your own ignorance.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Nothing is wrong. It's just that teams that also have special individuals to add to that team cohesion and unity are harder to beat, because you also have to defend the personal genius of those players. It's one extra advantage, to have several players who could pull something out of the ordinary. Bundesliga outside Bayern (who has Lewandowski, and maybe Muller) is almost voided of players like that. The only non-Bayern offensive star player in Bundesliga I could name is Reus,

What? And who is to blame for that? The Bundesliga, or you?

Also, the Bundesliga lost two excellent offensive midfielders this season in KDB and Firminho.

Also I find it highly questionable to only look for offensive players. Show me one LB who is better than Alaba, one gk even close to Neuer.
If that's not generational, I don't know if one shouldn't take a closer look at the measure you are applying.

diDi7

Alcuntara doing what Alcuntara does best.

Even half so far, Bayern slightly lucky to lead.

Crazy-Eyes-OITNB.gif

Home of Barca Fans