Bruno Guimarães

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona

MD also reporting the same.

Newcastle have said they might need to sell some key players because of FFP and PSG and Barca apparently want him with Deco already having made enquiries.

They're saying it would be a very complex transfer due to our issues obviously. Brazilian press is saying that he want to go to Barca or Real Madrid rather than PSG though and has a deal with Newcastle where they would be open to negotiate the fee even if he has a 100m release clause.

Windhook

The article says Newcastle are 73m pounds on loss in FFP.

I don't think Barca can help them with that. 80m for Bruno and match his galactic salary. Sounds like PSG to me.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
It does sound like "He wanted to go to Barca, but couldn't due to La Liga FFP so he settled on PSG".

Porque

Couldn't Newcastle just sell some no namer to the Saudi league to get FFP positive. Similar to how PSG gamed their Verratti and other tosser sale to Qatar.

TheStig

Couldn't Newcastle just sell some no namer to the Saudi league to get FFP positive. Similar to how PSG gamed their Verratti and other tosser sale to Qatar.

This will probably happen.

If it doesn't and we want to dream about Bruno than the only option would be selling Raphinha and Kounde and buy Bruno with that money. Don't see it happening.

Andresito

Staff member
Nah. There were already alarms ringing when Saint-Maximin went there for 30m (a price I think is totally fair for that type of player btw). But point remains, their transfers to Saudi will be questioned, and if they do it for the sole reason of FFP it will be obvious.

JamDav1982

Its more likely Newcastle try and abuse it a bit by loaning in players from Saudi to cover those they sell if anything.

Home of Barca Fans