Boxing

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Floyd had his glove in Maidana's throat as well, being a drama queen here. Get on with your act.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
A bit late but have to say I was impressed with Klitschko-Pulev match. The Ukrainian won by knocking Pulev out in 5th round but it was still some of the best boxing I've ever seen. Well done to the Bulgarian who stood back on his feet after being knocked down 2 times and still fighting bravely.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Mayweather just leaked a video of a meeting with Pacquiao where he said "We have to make this fight happen". There's been a lot of buildup recently about the fight coming to fruition as well.

IMO the leak by Mayweather is a cowardly, staged publicity act to make it seem like he was the one who wanted it to happen or convinced Manny. Worst-case scenario, he could use it as his get out of jail free card to 'claim' that he wasn't the one who backed down if the fight doesn't happen. Hopefully that's not the case and the fight does go down, rendering this leak a dumb looking self-promotion by Mayweather.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Do not think that Manny can beat Money right now. About 7 years ago this would have been a hell of a fight.

Idk. Floyd's got Manny on credentials and the Marquez knockout has never stopped haunting him but when it comes down to technical aspects I really think the fight can go for the Pac-man under the right circumstances.

Off the bat we know that Pacquiao's stature as a southpaw will cause trouble. Mayweather doesn't have the punching power to stun Manny the way Marquez did as well. He baits and leans back quite a bit and when he does go in for a hit it's quick, he emphasizes more on the move than the stick. Pac-man on the other hand punches through the opponent and keeps pressure high. His fast straight left can get through even Mayweather's defense. Floyd is clearly the more submissive/passive fighter with his defensive game so Pacquiao's constant aggression would give him some sort of an advantage. Mayweather's best approach would be just a constant stick/move game and outscoring him or tiring him. When it comes down to just throwing punches and playing on the offensive, Manny can be a real punisher.

Floyd's skill probably gives him the upper hand here but Manny can't possibly be written off as easily as some are saying.

raskolnikov

This fight should have happened in 2009/10 after he knocked out Hatton/Cotto, my prediction has always been Mayweather by ud but since he is such a pussy/calculating guy when it comes to choosing his opposition the fight went past the experation date.
It has little value now from floyds point of view, for Pac its a win/win.

Home of Barca Fans