• Alaba

Votes: 8 12.1%
  • Moura

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.5%

• Total voters

big_man

The answer is Neymar. In the period where Dortmund won back to back titles, Nuri sahin and Shinji Kagawa contributed as much to the title win as Gotze. One of them was a complete failure at Madrid AND Liverpool and the other one is rotting on the bench and cant even get games in one of the worst United sides of the past decade. Point being, being star players during that good dortmund run isn't really an indication of an elite player, because:

1 Dortmund has gone on to be better team despite loosing these players, suggesting that Klopp and the system he employs has more of a say on the success than these players.

2 These players haven't been world beaters outside of Dortmund, nowhere near infact, which further backs up point 1.

Therefore, Gotze needs to prove himself outside of the Dortmund setup before anything. Otherwise he's just living off (undeserved) reputation.

Neymar was far and away the best player in Brazil, arguably the best player on the pitch against Spain, Italy and since he's moved to Europe this season; entered the Barca side and looks like the second best player in the team already(remember, this is one of the top 2 teams in the world). NONE of the players mentioned have proven anything of that sort*.

Isco's situation is similar to Gotze, except he has proven even less than Gotze.
*Alaba is the only one that merits any comparison.

Last edited:

pEllee

Neymar of course. To be the star, the main man of the Brazilian national team at such young age is impressive. We still haven't seen the best of him in my opinion. When he's given more attacking freedom, he's one of the best players in the world.

As for midfielders, I'll have to go with Aaron Ramsey. He's a complete midfielder, already playing like a world class player and he'll hopefully improve even more. Great attitude as well.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Gotze has potential and played one very good season but he in now no where near neymar or isco presently. He will not reach there if he stays at bayern for long time. Neymar is the best youngster in form presently and he is consistent unlike isco.
Varane was last season wonder we will see this season. Alaba is a great talent no comment.

Why? Staying at Bayern for a long time will actually make Götze a worse player?

Why? Staying at Bayern for a long time will actually make Götze a worse player?

He probably thinks Gotze will be warming the bench. Not that I blame him, Gotze's competing with Muller and Kroos. Personally though, I doubt he'll be warming the bench.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He probably thinks Gotze will be warming the bench. Not that I blame him, he's competing with Muller and Kroos. Personally though, I doubt he'll be warming the bench.

You are right Darth, of course Götze won't be warming the bench. He is slowly but surely going back to be a starter. Of course, he will have to compete, depending on what formation Guardiola plays, mostly with Müller.

I have high hopes for this kid.

Elite-BkD

Neymar & Alaba both have a clear edge over anyone else on the list for me. After that it's up for debate.

Qonny

Neymar & Alaba both have a clear edge over anyone else on the list for me. After that it's up for debate.

Totally agree! They are the players on this list who don't even look close to being youngsters. I'm not saying the other players on the list are not playing maturely, but they are not on the same level as Neymar and Alaba.

Meitux

You are right Darth, of course Götze won't be warming the bench. He is slowly but surely going back to be a starter. Of course, he will have to compete, depending on what formation Guardiola plays, mostly with Müller.

I have high hopes for this kid.
You said what i thinked of eariler, there's no way i'm pretty sure Gotze is gonna be benched, once he gets on full fitness and adapts to his team (don't forget that..) he will be valuable for Pep's style and system. I'm pretty sure he'll have a regular place to one of those 2 attacking midfield places but for the others it depends of who will be used where. Last 2 games Muller played CF so there was space and Pep used Schweinsteiger as attacking midfielder. We just can't know, Martinez is not there yet and we don't know if Pep has plans for him having a regular place, and Lahm performs well in his midfield role but i don't think Pep will change the best RB in the world position to play Rafinha, it's pretty complicated to assume but generally i don't think Gotze will be a bench player either.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Can't say I'm covering all major leagues to such detail but from what I've seen so far in Budnesliga, La Liga, Premier League and Serie A, I'd say Neymar looks most promising to me. But then again, I am a Barca fan and liked Neymar even before he joined, so I am biased.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
You said what i thinked of eariler, there's no way i'm pretty sure Gotze is gonna be benched, once he gets on full fitness and adapts to his team (don't forget that..) he will be valuable for Pep's style and system. I'm pretty sure he'll have a regular place to one of those 2 attacking midfield places but for the others it depends of who will be used where. Last 2 games Muller played CF so there was space and Pep used Schweinsteiger as attacking midfielder. We just can't know, Martinez is not there yet and we don't know if Pep has plans for him having a regular place, and Lahm performs well in his midfield role but i don't think Pep will change the best RB in the world position to play Rafinha, it's pretty complicated to assume but generally i don't think Gotze will be a bench player either.

Or he may end up going the way of Kagawa and Sahin and lose a couple of years of development because he left Dortmund too soon. We will have to wait and see, I really hope his purchase wasn't just a way to weaken Dortmund, but this is Bayern, they have a long ass history of doing this.

Home of Barca Fans