Bernardo Silva

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
We are generally not a team that acts in the transfer market. We react, not act. We need to monitor and then we end up signing the Cazorlas of the world. Plenty of people could see that Monaco's players were class acts last season. Now, all their players have doubled in price and we are losing out.

Yeah, I hope we're not daft enough to miss out on players made to play for Barca like Bernardo Silva or how we did previously with Modric and Kroos(could have signed both him and Rakitic).

But we most likely will be daft to continue with the same wannabe midfielders we have right now, with an ageing Iniesta who need more support.

Raketa10

We were. Jorge Mendes recommended us to sign him when we negotiated for Gomes.

Now, I would be pissed if we don't sign him this summer. If he's on the market, you got to sign players like him. Neither Denis or Gomes are going to become World Class AMs.

How the f..k if you scout players you decide that Gomes is better fit for us than Bernardo Silva?!?! You have to be a true moron!

khaled_a_d

We are generally not a team that acts in the transfer market. We react, not act. We need to monitor and then we end up signing the Cazorlas of the world. Plenty of people could see that Monaco's players were class acts last season. Now, all their players have doubled in price and we are losing out.

We have many problems in the market but that isn't one,we were always one of the 1st teams who finish their transfers which was in many cases a problem for us,because many times there is gr8 value late in the market while we just finishing business and content with signing Vidal & Arda in June or early July.

DonAK

We have many problems in the market but that isn't one,we were always one of the 1st teams who finish their transfers which was in many cases a problem for us,because many times there is gr8 value late in the market while we just finishing business and content with signing Vidal & Arda in June or early July.

Many teams complete transfers until pre-season though. Not too many high profile transfers that go late into August. Mostly in England I think. Depends on the team we're negotiating with too. Real had issues with Tottenham and Bale because Levy there is a master of dragging out time and getting his demands in the end.

Jombi

"finishing transfers early" is not what I was talking about. Its about our really poor ability to spot a good player at a reasonable price who would increase in value with us and act on it. Instead we are constantly told that we are "monitoring" hundreds of players and end up with trash from Arsenal or some other overpriced mediocrity.

khaled_a_d

Many teams complete transfers until pre-season though. Not too many high profile transfers that go late into August. Mostly in England I think. Depends on the team we're negotiating with too. Real had issues with Tottenham and Bale because Levy there is a master of dragging out time and getting his demands in the end.

And we in many summers finish deal early,I don't have time to do BBZ type of post but I think if you look to our transfers since 2011 I think very few were done in August. And it is difficult to announce signing during May/April when we are competing for trophies every year
The only 2 I remember signing in August was Vermaelen & Paco,The latter was after trying to get like 10 players and failed (Dembele,Vietto,Gamiero for example) and Vermaelen was also after we failed to secure Benatia,both were brough in summers we had many signijgs. Think Cillessen too but that was due to Bravo late decision to leave

khaled_a_d

"finishing transfers early" is not what I was talking about. Its about our really poor ability to spot a good player at a reasonable price who would increase in value with us and act on it. Instead we are constantly told that we are "monitoring" hundreds of players and end up with trash from Arsenal or some other overpriced mediocrity.

So by reacting you mean we wait until player proven in a big club before we go for him or what? Not sure I am following you here honestly

DonAK

I think he means that we fail to spot the players that either fit our team or wait for them to go to bigger teams before we start chasing them like dorks.

Man, I really hope we'll rebuild our midfield this summer and stop this 'La Liga experience' drivel. If we continue on the same path, then there won't be a Golden Generation in 5 years to save this team.

F

FlaFCB

I think he means that we fail to spot the players that either fit our team or wait for them to go to bigger teams before we start chasing them like dorks.

Man, I really hope we'll rebuild our midfield this summer and stop this 'La Liga experience' drivel. If we continue on the same path, then there won't be a Golden Generation in 5 years to save this team.

5? We might be in big trouble next season, if no quality cm is brought and Arda and Gomes stay.

serghei

The key is to go back to a more traditional way of playing. Midfield needs to provide great passes as well. You can't just overuse MSN and get away with it all the time. MSN need to have some of the creative licenses redirected to a ball playing midfielder. Righ now, we give a lot of freedom to our stars, to the point that their form dictates the success or failure of our performances. Instead of running things through a playmaker in midfield, we just give ball to feet to Neymar to make something happen.

Messi is not a midfielder. He needs to play in a more advanced role, and be played by someone else. He has a killer final ball, but doesn't have the mobility required to be a Xavi like influence in midfield. Due to Messi's lack of work-rate, we automatically need a player with great service. The less mobile Messi is off the ball, the more precise the new midfielder must be with his passing, because the passing windows are shorter, and narrower (basically you have less time to find Messi, and less room for error when you try to pass to him, because a - the opponents mark him a lot, and b - he makes your job harder because he is quite static).

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

He has become more and more a no-brainer - we need to get him!
With a probable Arda-sale and a new coach without feelings for Gomes (or Denis), a new CM could be a very real probability.

This guy unfortunately has played so well that everybody in the world and their dog knows his quality. That means he is going to be madly expensive, but also could mean that our blind board might even know him after all.

I'm not that worried that he should go to RM - even Kovacic doesn't get playing time, and they have their sure starters + Isco/James.
How much do you guys think he is worth? 60 M. would be a minimum-price for Monaco, now that English clubs could bid as well, don't you think?

Home of Barca Fans