Bayern Munchen

Porque

Remember a year ago when Laporta's top coaching choices were the German school and Frisk or Bagelsmann.

Wonder how our signings would have shaped up with the latter.

Yannik

Well, if you take Barca away from Pep as backdrop, what is left of him, really? Has he gone up to new heights since he left Barca? New things he tried that he didn't do at Barca?

crosses and target man strikers. Didn't have that at Barca, but used it plenty at Bayern and is starting to develope City into that direction.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
crosses and target man strikers. Didn't have that at Barca, but used it plenty at Bayern and is starting to develope City into that direction.

Sure, he adapted, as any reasonable manager or coach would have done. But I wouldn't consider those things he tried at Bayern and City so far signature Pep things, or what he will be mostly known for should he retire one day.

serghei

Sure, he adapted, as any reasonable manager or coach would have done. But I wouldn't consider those things he tried at Bayern and City so far signature Pep things, or what he will be mostly known for should he retire one day.

He adapted, like a guy walking into a restaurant and seeing they don't have his favorite dish would do. You either stay hungry, or you eat something else.

Nobody thinks Pep would make 2009 - 2011 Barca cross the ball by volume if he was there now. They would play close to what they did play back then, but with an added sense of welcomed pragmatism.

fergus90

Nagelsmann is massively overrated, always thought that. His teams play so high up the pitch and can be carved open in a couple passes.

Any half sensible side beats Bayern in Europe.

KingLeo10

With all our new signings, I think we're a stronger side than them at the moment (of course, Busquets and MATS would love to prove me wrong but I'm still confident).

Would be poetic seeing Fati - Lewa - Raphinha go Henry - Eto'o - Messi on their suicidal high line.

Temptation

With all our new signings, I think we're a stronger side than them at the moment (of course, Busquets and MATS would love to prove me wrong but I'm still confident).

Would be poetic seeing Fati - Lewa - Raphinha go Henry - Eto'o - Messi on their suicidal high line.

Hmm, ok. This is interesting. So let's look at a comparison based on the core starters in both the teams(in their current state so guys don't come in twerking for the past glory of the Amigos):

Goalkeeper: Neuer clear of Ter Statue. One of the most overrated keeper itw in my book.

Defense: Kounde-Christensen-Araujo-Alba vs Mazroui-MDL-Lucas-Davies. Davies is easily the best full back among all these players. Centre back seems more evenly matched since MDL's stock has fallen considerably but Lucas is quality. Overall, I'd give Bayern the SLIGHT edge in defense but neither of the 2 sides are anything to shout about defensively.

Midfield: Let's consider the Midfield 3 most likely to start even though both sides play different formations. Kimmich-Goretzka-Muller vs Pedri-Busquets-Gavi/Kessie. No contest since all 3 of Bayern's mid 3 are PROPER WORLD CLASS while Barca has a washed up Busquets and 2 fantastic rising young talents. Bayern takes this one easy.

Attack: Sane, Gnabry, Coman, Mane, <Another young attacker to be added maybe Tel> vs Raphinha, Fati, Dembele, Lewandowski, PEA. We'll start by comparing the wingers: Sane, Gnabry and Coman are clear of Fati, Dembeke, Raphinha(2 of whom spend half the time injured). Lewandowski is better than Mane who himself is world class and PEA is better than any backup options Bayern can have. Bayern have a more fluid frontline while Barca are a tad more traditional in this respect. Overall, the Attack would basically be a tie between the 2 Footballing Powerhouses!

In Conclusion, I think it's pretty clear that, as it stands, Bayern are the better team as they are clearly superior in the Midfield and Goalkeeping departments while being just as good as Barca(if not better) in Defense. The Attack is a toss-up between the 2 sides. Take your pick!

Managers: Nagelsmann has been better than Xavi so far in his career with multiple clubs and is one of the most sought after young coaches itw. I mean the guy was offered the Real Madrid job when he was 32 or something crazy!

Feel free to argue your case or come up with a retort if you think I have been unreasonable anywhere.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

It's really hard to properly assess Bayern, their highlight CL run two years ago was met by a lot of lucky coincidences - no away games, EC/WC like tournament structure in a short period of time... with Flick being very experienced with that and so on.

And with that a lot of their players get overrated - like Davies. Not to say we are a better team, we are not unless we prove it, but Bayern is not some juggernaut like in 2013.

Temptation

Davies is not overrated. He's absolutely world class. One of the best left backs in the world. The difference he makes and impact he has is tremendous. Fantastic ball carrier and great at recovery runs. Can improve his crossing and final ball. Any team would be lucky to have him

fergus90

Bayern have regressed under Nagelsmann and will continue to do so. He plays too many attacking players in my opinion.
When you play against a weaker side it’s enough but against quality opposition you will be exposed.

I remember when he was at Leipzig when they got thrashed by United, I’d never seen a team so easy to counter. Bayern are having the same problem with him.

mc_lovin

Davies is not overrated. He's absolutely world class. One of the best left backs in the world. The difference he makes and impact he has is tremendous. Fantastic ball carrier and great at recovery runs. Can improve his crossing and final ball. Any team would be lucky to have him

I would obviously love to have him in my team, but I thought he has been quite rough in the last two years/post CL win. Injuries definitely played their part as well.

Don't kill me, but Alba has been better.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Bayern have regressed under Nagelsmann and will continue to do so. He plays too many attacking players in my opinion.
When you play against a weaker side it?s enough but against quality opposition you will be exposed.

I remember when he was at Leipzig when they got thrashed by United, I?d never seen a team so easy to counter. Bayern are having the same problem with him.

Thought this would happen, never rated Nagelsmann as high as many football fans, i think people overrate him because he is young. On the other side we have to say Bayern overperformed with Flick, he is a top coach. Before Flick Bayern was 'crap' under Kovac and it looks like they are back on that level.

Home of Barca Fans