Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guaje

Good luck finding a world class forward who is willing to sit on the bench.

If he was at Barcelona today, i think he would be a starter considering the form of MSN. But yeah, usually he wont be a starter but he wouldnt be riding the bench either. If Enrique can give him some kind of guarantees as long as he performs, i think he will want to come. And also, i think he would actually want to win something of worth under his career. He has won nothing so far and Barcelona (aside form Bayern) would be his biggest chance to grab trophies. Especially CL.

Jombi

If he was at Barcelona today, i think he would be a starter considering the form of MSN. But yeah, usually he wont be a starter but he wouldnt be riding the bench either. If Enrique can give him some kind of guarantees as long as he performs, i think he will want to come. And also, i think he would actually want to win something of worth under his career. He has won nothing so far and Barcelona (aside form Bayern) would be his biggest chance to grab trophies. Especially CL.

who?

xXKonan

He's a Croatian-Colombian footballer that plays as an attacking midfielder.

I've seen him constantly being linked to a lot of clubs these days and he's considered a great talent.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lucho really love dem short fixes.

Guy will leave his successor with one helluva job rejuvenating the squad in the future.

khaled_a_d

Lucho really love dem short fixes.

Guy will leave his successor with one helluva job rejuvenating the squad in the future.

Again ,highly doubt it is on Lucho .players signed are on both Coach & Sporting director ,you can't isolate one one of them .
Most of his signing were players between 26-28 .not that old .Promoted plenty of players and given them fair chance . His main veteran signings was Vermaelen and Mathieu but he actually wanted Marquinhos/Benatia instead .Wanted D.Suarez back but FIFA didn't allow it and will bring him back next summer anyway .

As for Gameiro ,Lucho wanted Nolito which is understandable since he was his former player in 2 clubs and was really one of top players in the league .this alone make the Gameiro rumor a bit far fetched .Nolito is only 7 months older and he wanted him in January .so basically signing Gameiro in Summer is just signing a player same age.with same price while being inferior player despite being a good one
I can't see this being on Lucho ,highly doubt he prefers Gameiro over Nolito or want him .
The squad age seem more on the board and sporting director ,there is a lack of scouting in that regard
We have a sporting director who will have his 1st summer this year after being appointed in the club for about a year ,there are plenty of rumors that he is appointed with the vision of his ability to renew the squad and bring young players .he will have to do so .

i_bleed_blaugrana

Again ,highly doubt it is on Lucho .players signed are on both Coach & Sporting director ,you can't isolate one one of them .
Most of his signing were players between 26-28 .not that old .Promoted plenty of players and given them fair chance . His main veteran signings was Vermaelen and Mathieu but he actually wanted Marquinhos/Benatia instead .Wanted D.Suarez back but FIFA didn't allow it and will bring him back next summer anyway .

As for Gameiro ,Lucho wanted Nolito which is understandable since he was his former player in 2 clubs and was really one of top players in the league .this alone make the Gameiro rumor a bit far fetched .Nolito is only 7 months older and he wanted him in January .so basically signing Gameiro in Summer is just signing a player same age.with same price while being inferior player despite being a good one
I can't see this being on Lucho ,highly doubt he prefers Gameiro over Nolito or want him .
The squad age seem more on the board and sporting director ,there is a lack of scouting in that regard
We have a sporting director who will have his 1st summer this year after being appointed in the club for about a year ,there are plenty of rumors that he is appointed with the vision of his ability to renew the squad and bring young players .he will have to do so .

Nolito isn't a 9 though and Gamiero is. Nolito would really only play as a winger and we have Rafinha and Arda who can sub for Messi and Neymar. I personally think Halilovic ticks all of boxes we need for a sub for Messi and Neymar as well. Plus Denis Suarez could do well there, we already have plenty of skillful wingers. Suarez is the only reasonable option we have as a center striker. Messi as a false 9 with Neymar and Nolito out wide wouldn't be bad but I see a lot of reason in signing someone like Gamiero.

He's ruthless, has decent technical skill and he wouldn't be expensive which would mean having him on the bench more wouldn't hurt us as much.

The forward I want the most is Dybala but a player of Gamiero's qualities could be very useful, both as a squad player and off the bench if Suarez needs a rest or is off form.

Messi983

I agree we need a backup for Suarez more than backup winger like Nolito. I prefer Bakambu but Gameiro would also be a good option. Even if we replace Suarez in 2 or 3 years with a younger player he could still stay as backup. Gameiro's signing would also allow us to send Munir on loan which I think is the best for his development.

BarçaBarça

All right, I will give you that it is more on the board than on Lucho, that we have missed out on the promising young prospects of Europe/South America in recent years. We seriously need to bring in more youngsters for the positions, where we have a hard time producing them ourselves. That is a job that requires getting the talent at a quite young age (17/18 years old), and that strictly speaking shouldn't be Lucho's job. I will give him the benefit of the doubt a little longer, as last summers transfer window was special, and we apparently are so broke that after not spending much for 2 windows we couldn't afford to pay 18 M. for Nolito and surely no fill-players for the future (also not Enriques fault). Maybe he would have picked Gündogan over Arda if he could, who knows? But he couldn't because of special circumstances with the transfer-ban. I guess how the CB-position is strengthened this summer will reveal how forward-thinking he really is: Will we get a young solid CB, and only that - or some younger "raw" prospect as well.

Rugani and Romagnoli are great talents. Getting either would be quite expensive though. IIRC, Milan bought Romagnoli from Roma for €25m plus variables.

This also shows that we react rather than act - we are hopelessly late if we have to buy young players from Juventus, Milan or PSG - they should have been ours much earlier!

Devils

Looks like we will need some rebuilding for next season. Can we please buy some more 28 year old players for next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans