Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

khaled_a_d

Seriously, colegues, I took some time to think with my limited brain capacity and this is my conclusion:

we absolutely must get Douglas Costa. Why?

He is versitile player. He can play:

1. Winger (if Neymar/Messi is injured)
2. OM (both instead of Don and instead of Rakitić)
3. LB if necessary

He is fast, with great pace, great passer, sends beautifull crossess, has awsome shot... he has it all! I don't know other player with such capabilities...

And he is only 24!

I know, Bayern won't let him easily but we must squeeze him out of Bavarians claws with all means we can muster.

I would also consider getting Bellerin back. He is no world class but he has only 20 years and already is solid RB with decent experience. Imagine how he could improve in few years working with our technique gods...

I still think we should get Lukaku. I know he is not ideal fit for our Hobit fellowship, but we could put him in a good use when we have trouble unlocking opponent's doors-like RATM says "he don't need the key, he'll brake it". CBs in Primera are not as big and strong as in PL so he would buldoze through them like through butter and score easily. Also, we would have somebody to use all those crossess and be dangerous shooter outside the box... he's only 22, for God's sake, he can improve his first touch and technique working with our maestros... and he would accept the bench, I believe. Munir played 40 matches in last 2 seasons... now imagine what would Lukaku do in that many games...

I wish we get Coutinho. He has enormous potential, we just have to cut that raw diamant into wonderfull jewell... and he has time for that, he's only 23, Don would teach him secrets of the trade so he can be his successor... he even improved his skills in defence lately...

As far as CB - I don't know. Looks to me that creme de la creme CBs disapered in last decade (Vidić, Ferdinand, Maldini, Nesta, Stam...) and now we can only choose solid but overpriced players... but we should definately buy someone, this defence of ours is horrible...

We must buy like never before... 'cause others will and we need to keep up with them-this season is ideal example how hard it can get when you have short subs bench...

1-You need to stop those big fonts words ,seriously man it makes your post look comical .specially when it is an assumption that is followed by "I believe"

2-There is no must in the transfer market .specially when it is on a player who we have zero chance in getting . Costa is gr8 player but he won't leave ,he will be 26 next summer not 24 so he won't leave a starting spot at Bayern for rotation in Barca at his prime

3- We aren't gonna get Bellerin next summer,he himself say that there is career outside Barca and he isn't interested in coming back .we have just bough RB in Vidal and Alves would start next season anyway . let time folds and see how Vidal will do in a full season with no freakin ban .for next summer RB isn't a priority

4-We aren't getting Lukaku ,I understand your point of having a physical no9 .but when you try to sign a player ,you can't just look for his strength .you need to think of his weakness as well .Lukaku would get us physical no 9 but he will kill our build up play .he is a bad fit .Liga defenders would expose his low technical abilities more than him exposing their physical attributes

5-And it is of most important we can't "buy like never befor" ,we simply don't have the money to do it .a true fact in life is that you must not buy what you don't have the money for not the opposite

Last edited:

Guaporta

Exactly what you said, khaled_a_d! We should be smart with the money we do have. So no Lukaku, Douglas Costa or Coutinho; we already have players better than that. Especially when our budget is only 60M (with the sales of Bartra, Vermaelen, Adriano, Douglas, Song, Tello and possibly Arda it could be a bit higher). Lucho should look at the weaknesses of his side; there's no back-up left back, no solid defender for the future and a lack of scoring ability when MSN aren't playing. So what is smart? Buy back Denis Suárez for 3M, move on from Marquinhos when PSG aren't willing to sell and spend a chunk of the cash for a left back (since Jordi Alba could use some competition) like José Gayá or Ricardo Rodriguez.

Marquinhos is one of the best options for us, but negotiating with PSG is almost impossible. Robert should have a solid back-up plan when they aren't willing to sell. There are plenty of talented defenders; Samuel Umtiti, Eric Bailly, Jorge Meré and Jonathan Tah (doesn't really fit our style of play, but could turn out to be 'our very own Boateng') are just a few of them.

gasgas

Seriously, colegues, I took some time to think with my limited brain capacity and this is my conclusion:

we absolutely must get Douglas Costa. Why?

He is versitile player. He can play:

1. Winger (if Neymar/Messi is injured)
2. OM (both instead of Don and instead of Rakitić)
3. LB if necessary

He is fast, with great pace, great passer, sends beautifull crossess, has awsome shot... he has it all! I don't know other player with such capabilities...

And he is only 24!

I know, Bayern won't let him easily but we must squeeze him out of Bavarians claws with all means we can muster.

I would also consider getting Bellerin back. He is no world class but he has only 20 years and already is solid RB with decent experience. Imagine how he could improve in few years working with our technique gods...

I still think we should get Lukaku. I know he is not ideal fit for our Hobit fellowship, but we could put him in a good use when we have trouble unlocking opponent's doors-like RATM says "he don't need the key, he'll brake it". CBs in Primera are not as big and strong as in PL so he would buldoze through them like through butter and score easily. Also, we would have somebody to use all those crossess and be dangerous shooter outside the box... he's only 22, for God's sake, he can improve his first touch and technique working with our maestros... and he would accept the bench, I believe. Munir played 40 matches in last 2 seasons... now imagine what would Lukaku do in that many games...

I wish we get Coutinho. He has enormous potential, we just have to cut that raw diamant into wonderfull jewell... and he has time for that, he's only 23, Don would teach him secrets of the trade so he can be his successor... he even improved his skills in defence lately...

As far as CB - I don't know. Looks to me that creme de la creme CBs disapered in last decade (Vidić, Ferdinand, Maldini, Nesta, Stam...) and now we can only choose solid but overpriced players... but we should definately buy someone, this defence of ours is horrible...

We must buy like never before... 'cause others will and we need to keep up with them-this season is ideal example how hard it can get when you have short subs bench...

:rofl1:

Icarium

Lifestealer
12977082_10154818102834899_5602716736049270521_o.jpg

From this pic it is evidentally clear we need a CB and an LB and if Aleix doesn't cut it an RB might also be needed. More rotation in midfield especially busi. I hope we concentrate on our defense. One CB is needed. Young one that too. A decent backup for left back also. Give Aleix one more season and call in Roberto when needed.

El Guaje

12977082_10154818102834899_5602716736049270521_o.jpg

From this pic it is evidentally clear we need a CB and an LB and if Aleix doesn't cut it an RB might also be needed. More rotation in midfield especially busi. I hope we concentrate on our defense. One CB is needed. Young one that too. A decent backup for left back also. Give Aleix one more season and call in Roberto when needed.

Roberto should be the one to replace Alves. He has done more than enough to deserve it.

A CB is pretty much certain. Alternatives seem to be Marquinhos, Laporte and Stones. Time will tell who will join.

And now is pretty evident why Barca would be smart to buy another good forward. All of MSN are dead tired and out of form. Neymar and Suarez atleast try to make something happen and are helping out in defense while Messi just keeps walking around and doing fu*k all. Shows no interest whatsoever. He has been like this sometimes before, but back then he would still create something magical out of nowhere after doing nothing, but that is not the case now...

Costa would have been amazing, but he is at Bayern now and if they dont want to sell, we wont ever get him. I still think Reus would be the best player available. He is so good that we would only have a slight drop in quality when one of MSN is out. + Enrique is rotating regularly so Reus would get much time on the field.
The last thing we would need is another 29/30+ year old (Nolito) as we already have too many players around that age.

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Wayne Rooney would be a great...

...as an RB :coffee:

I think we need another world class expensive attacker tho. Someone who can make everyone work harder and give a real sense of competition to each of MSN. Reus is a possibility, although he would be more of a competition to Neymar. Haven't seen Reus at right nor center really.

My thoughts are:
Reus, Auba, Fekir (we'll see), Dybala (maybe not wc, yet), Hazard (not really..), Eriksen, De Bruyne, Lacazette (how's he doing this season?), That french kid - Dembele might help out, but he's way too young imo, Martial could be considered...

In the end, we probably don't have the money unless Turan goes to China for some uber bucks.

Thing is - young prospects don't really want to come here and sit on the bench, we need a guy who has the ability to bench atleast N.

khaled_a_d

Turns 29 next month, should look for someone older imo. A young guy as Gameiro wouldn't be able to blend in with all our grandpa's.

He is born in 1987 ,he is a perfect fit :coffee:

Seriously though ,All what MD know is that Robert attended the game .the Gameiro seem like a pure guessing due to their old rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans