Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris

I think Mathieu will be our first LB against stronger teams, and CB when needed. If our club buys him and one ''natural'' CB, then I think they've done a great job. :lucho:

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Really? He has always been listed as a LB in PES since he appeared in PES6, I always used to buy him since he was the best LB in the game :lol:

zanela

Mathieu actually is a natural CB who plays LB when needed :p

I don't know what his predominant position was at Toulouse. But for Valencia, he's been playing as CB only from past year and a half (or atleast that's was the VAL posters say). May be Bertus can throw more light on it.

Boris

Even if it's his formal position, he loves to attack that left side, seen a lot of his runs with some good crossing ability. 191cm, but he's very fast. Honestly i'd rather see him rotating with Alba than playing CB.

Xavinho

True. You cannot use the fact that Filipe isn't in the Canarinha against him,cause we all know what Scolari did.

So you have two similar aged players who have both only made a few appearances for their respective national teams, and it's okay to attack one player because of that but the other is excused (even though he wasn't a regular under the most recent Brazilian coach, or the one before him, or the one before him)?

I don't get why some people think national team caps have anything to do with how well a player would fit in our squad. I'm glad no-one at the club thought it was important though or we would have offloaded players like Valdes and Adriano years ago.

Galning

I don't know what his predominant position was at Toulouse. But for Valencia, he's been playing as CB only from past year and a half (or atleast that's was the VAL posters say). May be Bertus can throw more light on it.

From what I've heard he often played left mid/wingback in Toulouse. It seems like he switched positions a lot in his career.

KhaledBarca

Mathieu is a must, he'll be a great signing. Allows Lucho to play with 3 in the back or 4 with Mathieu in Abidal's role. The problem is that he'll turn 31 in October. He only has about 2-3 good seasons left in his career. 20m is too much, shouldn't pay more than 12m for him!

We need 2 defenders for sure and I think we'll buy two: Mathieu + Marquinhos/Benatia would be my picks!

cro-man

I am starting to think that we dont want to buy a starter for the defence. They want only subs for pique and mascherano.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans