Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nucky

Lucho knows what he needs. Had he gotten a forward he asked for in January...

I really see no point in getting a midfielder. We have 4-5 for 2 spots.

I agree.. CB should be a priority.. Perhaps even 2 CBs since Vermaelen will probably be sold in the summer.. And a foward since Sandro Ramirez will also leave.. But no point in bringing another midfielder.. Iniesta,Sergi Roberto,Arda,Busquets,Rakitič and Rafinha are enough..

barcafan161

Are you forgetting that RM is awaiting the transfer ban and that we didn't get a Galactico last season? If we don't get one this summer then that's 2 in a row + transfer ban which just ain't happening. Zidane rates Pogba and he's a Galactico. If Flo is smart he'll try to sign him before Euro's,his price can only go up. I'll be really surprised if we don't sign one of Dybala or Pogba.

Their interest has been quiet lately. Maybe we will be in for Pogba now that we have money again who knows.

George_Costanza

I agree.. CB should be a priority.. Perhaps even 2 CBs since Vermaelen will probably be sold in the summer.. And a foward since Sandro Ramirez will also leave.. But no point in bringing another midfielder.. Iniesta,Sergi Roberto,Arda,Busquets,Rakitič and Rafinha are enough..

2 CBs? since when Barca became depended on defence to have a team balance and win titles? One good CB is enough and it's not like Verm was there for us this season to miss him.

This is an attacking team and we always focused on midfield players and forwards. I'm fine with Pogba staying in Juve for another season although I doubt it as he might be looking for a new challenge. If he is to be sold to any other clubs then it's done and dusted like Verratti. We need to ask, can we depend on Rafinha, Bob and Denis Suarez to have that influence to change the game for us especially with the ageing Iniesta who need to be rotated even more often next season to have an impact like he did this season?

for me 1 fwd, 1 CB, 1 MF and 1 LB

Messi983

Denis Suarez, Sanabria, Lemos and Bailly = 60-70M.

Agree about the other 3, not so sure about Sanabria. Don't think he's any better than Munir right now and that his ceiling is much higher. Yes, he had a good season in Gijon but I think Munir could do about the same there and Sanabria wouldn't do much better than Munir in Barça this season. He also wanted to leave Barça B because he didn't want to compete for playing time against Munir, Sandro and Dongou. Would he be happy sitting behind MSN? Don't think so.

As I already said hundred times I prefer experienced backup for MSN, especially Suarez. We have players who can cover for both winger positions if needed.

I'd also add a LB to your list.

khaled_a_d

I don't want a guy who forced his way out of La Masia unless he forces his way back to the club like Pique did.
Sanabria is probably better than Munir and I won't deny it.But let's remember that few years ago we had 4 strikers with same age at our academy .Dongou,Sandro,Sanabria & Munir .
Munir was probably the least rated of those,Dongou was really hyped when he was young while Sandro & Sanabria were reaching B team earlier than Munir leaving him in Juvenil A
But Munir worked himself into becoming a better player.He didn't stop working.A sort of an overachiever which is something I admire.
Sanabria forced his way for the easy chance and quit frankly he isn't even the best no9 Roma has.Umar Sadiq is probably gonna block his way to 1st team football in Roma as he is the better & Younger prospect there.
So he can enjoy his career their while we keep supporting Munir to be the best he can.Let's get Gameiro or experienced attacker and loan munir and see what we have with Mujica b4 trying to get a player who forced his way out of the club.

Nucky

2 CBs? since when Barca became depended on defence to have a team balance and win titles? One good CB is enough and it's not like Verm was there for us this season to miss him.

This is an attacking team and we always focused on midfield players and forwards. I'm fine with Pogba staying in Juve for another season although I doubt it as he might be looking for a new challenge. If he is to be sold to any other clubs then it's done and dusted like Verratti. We need to ask, can we depend on Rafinha, Bob and Denis Suarez to have that influence to change the game for us especially with the ageing Iniesta who need to be rotated even more often next season to have an impact like he did this season?

for me 1 fwd, 1 CB, 1 MF and 1 LB

2 because Vermaelen and Mathieu will probably leave, Mascherano isn't 20 years old anymore, Pique is also approaching his 30s..If any of them get injured who will replace them? Thats why I said 2 CBs.. And another thing attack wins matches, defence wins leagues..

Ritchie

Lucho knows what he needs. Had he gotten a forward he asked for in January...

I really see no point in getting a midfielder. We have 4-5 for 2 spots.

The midfield aren't creating anything. Messi is bailing them out with world class through balls every game, but is having to drop deep away from goal.

Only Busquets should be a bonafide starter. Rakitic and Iniesta both together I don't think works so well. Yes the results are good, but that's down to MSN scoring ridiculous amounts of goals. When MSN had a blip for a few games the whole team was screwed. We need a top midfielder in the mould of Pogba or Verratti.

SeloBarca

Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_3_09_22_AM.png

I can also cherrypick

meepasd.png

They are good at different things. Pogba is more offensive like Iniesta, Gündogan is more a CM creative controller like Xavi.
I would like to have both, Pogba in Iniesta role and Gündogan in Xavi role would be awesome together.
But right now we have shitloads ofoffensive midfielders and 0 creative controlling CMs which has hurt us alot the last 2 seasons since Xavi and Messi has had to create pretty much everything.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

I can also cherrypick

meepasd.png

They are good at different things. Pogba is more offensive like Iniesta, Gündogan is more a CM creative controller like Xavi.
I would like to have both, Pogba in Iniesta role and Gündogan in Xavi role would be awesome together.
But right now we have shitloads ofoffensive midfielders and 0 creative controlling CMs which has hurt us alot the last 2 seasons since Xavi and Messi has had to create pretty much everything.

cheery pick something related to his duties in the midfield and going forward. I included attack, key passes, assist, chances created, shots, tackles won..etc.

you have your concern about creating but then choosing Gundogan over Pogba dons't make sense as Pogba created double the number of chances.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
The midfield aren't creating anything. Messi is bailing them out with world class through balls every game, but is having to drop deep away from goal.

Only Busquets should be a bonafide starter. Rakitic and Iniesta both together I don't think works so well. Yes the results are good, but that's down to MSN scoring ridiculous amounts of goals. When MSN had a blip for a few games the whole team was screwed. We need a top midfielder in the mould of Pogba or Verratti.

You don't seem to understand how this team changed under Lucho in last 2 years. Midfield is not center of focus like in pep's era. Midfield is now to provide support for MSN. Front trio has much more freedom than under pep.

Messi983

Exactly. And IF we'd buy Pogba, he'd have a different role here than in Juventus. Then people would probably complain why he doesn't have the same amount of assists and goals that he has now. Just look at Rakitic. He doesn't lack creativity. He had around 15-20 assists per season in Sevilla but his role now is different. The same for Iniesta. He's still one of the most creative midfielders in the world but he plays different now than under Pep. I don't understand how some people don't see this.

SeloBarca

You don't seem to understand how this team changed under Lucho in last 2 years. Midfield is not center of focus like in pep's era. Midfield is now to provide support for MSN. Front trio has much more freedom than under pep.

That is not true. Midfield plays pretty much the same. Iniesta plays exactly the same.
The only differance is that Messi has to drop down alot more since theres noone else to create. Alot of games theres no "front trio"

cheery pick something related to his duties in the midfield and going forward. I included attack, key passes, assist, chances created, shots, tackles won..etc.

you have your concern about creating but then choosing Gundogan over Pogba dons't make sense as Pogba created double the number of chances.

Creating doesnt have to mean goalscoring chances. Buildup is from defence to attack. Gündogan is better at possession and distributing and his succesful pass % is much higher.
He also wins more duels and takeons, hes harder to take the ball from.
Pogba is quicker and more of a threat at the final third. Hes the one that makes the breakthrough and assists for goals.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Looks like we're in for another disappointing summer when it comes to our CB signing if this is anything to go by.

http://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbo...marquinhos-mas-lejos-que-nunca-del-barca.html

Seems like other players like Mustafi and Gimenez aren't really that big of alternatives yet, and after Marquinhos intending to stay at PSG after given assurances he'll start at the CB position alongside Thiago Silva(D.Luiz moving to midfield) and Laporte presumably close to joining Man City, we could be in for another summer with disappointments.

Still early days of course, but if they cannot sign a young, competent CB this Summer then you really gotta wonder what's wrong with the technical team. Years after years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans