Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guaje

It seems you are way more optimistic about what we'll get for our deadweight in the summer that I am. And naive if you think we can get Reus for 30M.

I just don't see a place for Reus in this team. He's not better than any of MSN and he can't play CM (not to say we're stacked there). And no, we can't afford to pay 50M+ (which is what he'd cost) for a bench player, sorry.

Our priority should be a young CB, a reliable backup for MSN (I prefer a backup for Suarez as I think we have players who could cover both wing positions when needed) and if possible good backup/competition for Alba. Then we are set for at least the next two years.

This summer will be hectic in the market because Florentino will go on a shoping spree because of their pending transfer ban and EPL clubs (City, Chelsea, United) all will have new coaches and a lot of money to spend. So we'll be smart to just buy this summer what we need and then wait for next year when prices won't be that driven up to get a possible long term replacements (maybe buy and loan them for a season) for some of our older players. Although I think we already have cover for most of them.

Adriano 5-8m
Bartra 8-10m
Sandro there were rumors about tottenham paying 12m for him
Munir 3-5m
Song 10m

Yeah Reus isnt better than any of MSN, but then who is? Lucho is obviously looking for quality otherwise he'd be satisfied with medoicre Munir and Sandro. And our other alternatives are Dybala and Vietto. If we can aim for Dybala, then we sure as hell can afford Reus. Lol we just paid 40m for a 28 year old Arda (about 29 when he became available) that is riding the bench and so far isnt even close to being better than any of our other midfielders.

Yeah we should wait and watch our competitors buy all the good players and be satisfied with the leftovers...

Trickykid

Adriano 5-8m
Bartra 8-10m
Munir 3-5m
Song 10m

Yeah Reus isnt better than any of MSN, but then who is? Lucho is obviously looking for quality otherwise he'd be satisfied with medoicre Munir and Sandro. And our other alternatives are Dybala and Vietto. If we can aim for Dybala, then we sure as hell can afford Reus. Lol we just paid 40m for a 28 year old Arda (about 29 when he became available) that is riding the bench and so far isnt even close to being better than any of our other midfielders.

Yeah we should wait and watch our competitors buy all the good players and be satisfied with the leftovers...

Except for Munir perhaps, you probably need to divide those prices by 2.

F

Flavia

10m for Song? He'll go for free. Bartra 3m, Adriano 3 or 2m are more like it. Reus is not needed, and I doubt he'd like to stay most of his time on the bench.

El Guaje

Except for Munir perhaps, you probably need to divide those prices by 2.

Dat negativity. If all other teams can sell scrubs for good money, so can we. If we managed to get 26m for Pedro who did absolutely nothing for 3 years, then we can get a few extra millions for sure, especially if we sell to EPL clubs.

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona
Dat negativity. If all other teams can sell scrubs for good money, so can we. If we managed to get 26m for Pedro who did absolutely nothing for 3 years, then we can get a few extra millions for sure, especially if we sell to EPL clubs.

Pedro was a WC winner, CL winner and had loads of top level experience with a couple of great seasons for Barca. Same can't be said for our current targets to offload

El Guaje

Pedro was a WC winner, CL winner and had loads of top level experience with a couple of great seasons for Barca. Same can't be said for our current targets to offload

Fact still stands that he did nothing of worth since CL final against United and that was a bunch of years ago. By that logic David Villa should've been sold for 3 times the money Chelsea paid for Pedro. Fabregas too because he actually contributed to the WC unlike Pedro.

And then we have nobodies, like for example Carroll, Benteke and Downing that were as overpriced as they could get. If we can find interested EPL clubs, we will get good money for our scrubs.

Messi983

Adriano 5-8m
Bartra 8-10m
Munir 3-5m
Song 10m

1. Lucho is looking for quality, exactly for a player named Nolito. ;) Not Reus and not Dybala.

2. Sport and Mundo Deportivo are "buying" Dybala, not Barça. Don't believe every rumour. Of course we follow him as he's an interesting player for the future and we also follow hundreds of other players. That doesn't mean we'll buy all of them. I can guarantee you we won't buy Dybala this year. I think he'll stay in Juve as they will most likely sell Pogba (my guess is to City) and they won't let both of them go at the same time.

There is also no way Atleti are selling Vietto. He's their replacement for when Griezmann is sold which will happen sooner or later (if Simeone goes to Chelsea then he'll probably be one of his first signings) as they always sell their best attacker (and it seems they also replace him with an even better one).

3. And what would Reus be other than a bench warmer here? Arda can play 4 positions in our system, Reus only 2, so no doubt who I prefer. I get that you are in love with Reus (personally I'm not his biggest fan, although he's a good player) but we don't need him and he's not coming here so you better stop dreaming. ;)

4. There are not only 10 or 15 good players in the world. We will still get our chances to get some of them when we need them. But it's clear what our priority should be this year.

also lol at your pricetags. Maybe we can get something close to what you think for Bartra, others will probably go for free (Adriano) or on another loan (Song). And Munir should be loaned, not sold.

Jombi

1. Lucho is looking for quality, exactly for a player named Nolito. ;) Not Reus and not Dybala.

2. Sport and Mundo Deportivo are "buying" Dybala, not Barça. Don't believe every rumour. Of course we follow him as he's an interesting player for the future and we also follow hundreds of other players. That doesn't mean we'll buy all of them. I can guarantee you we won't buy Dybala this year. I think he'll stay in Juve as they will most likely sell Pogba (my guess is to City) and they won't let both of them go at the same time.

There is also no way Atleti are selling Vietto. He's their replacement for when Griezmann is sold which will happen sooner or later (if Simeone goes to Chelsea then he'll probably be one of his first signings) as they always sell their best attacker (and it seems they also replace him with an even better one).

3. And what would Reus be other than a bench warmer here? Arda can play 4 positions in our system, Reus only 2, so no doubt who I prefer. I get that you are in love with Reus (personally I'm not his biggest fan, although he's a good player) but we don't need him and he's not coming here so you better stop dreaming. ;)

4. There are not only 10 or 15 good players in the world. We will still get our chances to get some of them when we need them. But it's clear what our priority should be this year.

also lol at your pricetags. Maybe we can get something close to what you think for Bartra, others will probably go for free (Adriano) or on another loan (Song). And Munir should be loaned, not sold.

Keep in mind Atletico bought Mandzukic and Jackson Martinez as their top striker signings. They dont always replace their sold players with much better players, and its not a sustainable strategy if you want to stay on top.

xXKonan

According to Rádio Bradesco Esportes FM (Brazilian radio source) Neymar wants Barcelona to Sign Lucas Lima. Ney apparently talked with several of Barcelona's leaders about it, I assume Barto? I guess.

Jombi

We have to chuck out Arda for that to happen. He would be a good cheap signing, as Ney knows having played with him, but there is simply no room.

F

Flavia

He's a santos player. Really doubt they're looking forward to doing business with Barça again.

B

beautifulgame

i like him but the midfield is the last area for help now.

CB and a forward are where we need depth NOW

xXKonan

[tw]702991333225578496[/tw]

Tweet says we want to get a 4th striker this summer and Dybala is the one we want the most but the price is too steep.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans