Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Guaje

What makes you think we can afford Reus and that he'd be willing to be a bench player?

Reus would be a definition of "galactico" player that Florentino would buy. I think and hope we're smarter.

Reus is definitely affordable. The transferbudget is set to 60m+ player sales. The players that most probably will be sold are Adriano, Bartra, Douglas, Sandro and most probably Munir too which would raise another ~20m. And if Alves leaves (which is also a possibility) we would get another 10-15m. Our budget would be 80m+another 10-15m if Alves is sold. Reus will cost no more than 30m which leaves us 50m to spend on a CB and other possible targets.

edit: Oh, we also have Song to offload which would raise the budget even further.

He'd start on the bench (to begin with at least) yes, but Reus is very flexible and Lucho rotates a lot, so he would still get a good amount of time on the field. And I also think that he would actually want to win something of worth during his career as all he currently has is a silver medal from the CL. He won't be able to win anything at Dortmund, so Barca would be his biggest and most realistic chance to collect a CL and a major league title + the other lesser titles. And also from Barcelonas point of view he would be a much better investment. He is both younger and miles ahead of Nolito who is going to be 30 soon and we have too many players around that age. Zeus would also be much better to have in case 1 or 2 of MSN get injured as he would make the drop in quality much less than other players would.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Reus is definitely affordable. The transferbudget is set to 60m+ player sales. The players that most probably will be sold are Adriano, Bartra, Douglas, Sandro and most probably Munir too which would raise another ~20m. And if Alves leaves (which is also a possibility) we would get another 10-15m. Our budget would be 80m+another 10-15m if Alves is sold. Reus will cost no more than 30m which leaves us 50m to spend on a CB and other possible targets.

edit: Oh, we also have Song to offload which would raise the budget even further.

He'd start on the bench (to begin with at least) yes, but Reus is very flexible and Lucho rotates a lot, so he would still get a good amount of time on the field. And I also think that he would actually want to win something of worth during his career as all he currently has is a silver medal from the CL. He won't be able to win anything at Dortmund, so Barca would be his biggest and most realistic chance to collect a CL and a major league title + the other lesser titles. And also from Barcelonas point of view he would be a much better investment. He is both younger and miles ahead of Nolito who is going to be 30 soon and we have too many players around that age. Zeus would also be much better to have in case 1 or 2 of MSN get injured as he would make the drop in quality much less than other players would.

We already have Messi. Two gods in one team could cause some unwanted friction.

(sorry)

Messi983

It seems you are way more optimistic about what we'll get for our deadweight in the summer that I am. And naive if you think we can get Reus for 30M.

I just don't see a place for Reus in this team. He's not better than any of MSN and he can't play CM (not to say we're stacked there). And no, we can't afford to pay 50M+ (which is what he'd cost) for a bench player, sorry.

Our priority should be a young CB, a reliable backup for MSN (I prefer a backup for Suarez as I think we have players who could cover both wing positions when needed) and if possible good backup/competition for Alba. Then we are set for at least the next two years.

This summer will be hectic in the market because Florentino will go on a shoping spree because of their pending transfer ban and EPL clubs (City, Chelsea, United) all will have new coaches and a lot of money to spend. So we'll be smart to just buy this summer what we need and then wait for next year when prices won't be that driven up to get a possible long term replacements (maybe buy and loan them for a season) for some of our older players. Although I think we already have cover for most of them.

Last edited:

Assuming we can sell properly lol.
I can see the board somehow selling everyone except Douglas for peanuts, and pay few millions in cash to get rid of Douglas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans