Barça's Transfers and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gilberto

Vertonghen affordable? Levy thinks something else :pep:
Dede is ridiculously bad compared to who he once was.
Dante is not for sale
As for Gustavo, we have enough players that have been converted from cdm to cb :tito:
Vermaelen was really good a few years ago. Right now he is a sub so he would be cheap.

Alarcón

Well, yeah thats a no brainer. An upcoming young CB should be signed, but if the choice is between Hummels and Subo, then I'll go for the latter as I stated.

Why? Hummels is better.

And I don't agree that we should sign a young, promising centre-back. The best teams in the world have more than two world class centre-backs and Hummels is one of these while Bartra is not (yet). If Bartra turns out to be world class, great, but if not and we signed a promising CB instead of an already proven one, we might face the same situation we faced last year when everybody was desperately calling for a new CB.

Besides, we already have some CB prospects coming up in our ranks and while it's too early to tell, especially with CB's, they don't look any less "promising" than the players we've been linked to, except that they don't play at Barça and therefore get to show their talent much earlier.

Cule4life

The Culest
Excuse me which are these CB prospects we have which are as promising as Balanta/Doria?

Bagnack who has sucked all season? Do you want PSG city to buy these CBs and watch as they become world class and we trying and falling to pry them like Thiago Silva?

JamDav1982

Excuse me which are these CB prospects we have which are as promising as Balanta/Doria?

Bagnack who has sucked all season? Do you want PSG city to buy these CBs and watch as they become world class and we trying and falling to pry them like Thiago Silva?

How much of Balanta and Doria have you actually seen?

I would guess very little at best and you are just quoting names of young defenders you have heard of from South America.

The Observer

I have watched a bit of Balanta after we were linked with him in summer and he looks like a headless chicken who just chases down everything. I'm sure he won't sign for Barca.

Never seen Doria live.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I have watched a bit of Balanta after we were linked with him in summer and he looks like a headless chicken who just chases down everything. I'm sure he won't sign for Barca.

I totally agree I watched him a few time and he is another defender that likes to leave defence and close the ball down and was always looking to take the ball and dribble out of defence. Added to the fact he is not the tallest either he doesn't seem to me the type of defender the team need.

PhilS

Compared to all the young CBs mentioned as Barca targets, I would take Barta instead. Pique, Masch, Bartra: Barca is set. #4 CB only makes a difference when two are injured, Puyol is fine for that role for now.

The money will be spent on #1 keeper. I'd like to see both a #1 plus a #1.5 brought in for next season.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Sanabria+15 million :pep:

Opening bid will be..... *drumroll*

9m + 2 Friendlies :rosell:

:VdB:

Compared to all the young CBs mentioned as Barca targets, I would take Barta instead. Pique, Masch, Bartra: Barca is set. #4 CB only makes a difference when two are injured, Puyol is fine for that role for now.

The money will be spent on #1 keeper. I'd like to see both a #1 plus a #1.5 brought in for next season.

We won't get anyone now, but in Summer when Masch might leave, get sold and Puyol might retire(Is way too injury prone :( to count on him even if he dont). We would need one or two.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
One good performance from Mascherano and you think we are set for years? He's not a CB and never will be. This summer we need to get a CB and maybe two.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans