Barca's MVP 15/16

Which player do you consider to be the most valuable in this season?

• Bravo

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pique

• Mascherano

Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Alves

• Alba

• Busquets

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Iniesta

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Rakitic

• Neymar

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • Suarez

Votes: 56 51.9%
  • Messi

Votes: 42 38.9%
  • Other

Votes: 1 0.9%

• Total voters

Mitchell1978

What about the crucial goals?

Suarez has his share of important goals but this season more often then not when the score is tied or when trailing it was Messi who scored the goal.
16 of Messi's La Liga goals came in the first half, with Suarez its 12 in the first half. Messi also opened the scoring 11 times, Suarez 10 times.

In the end it's all about how you interpret what MVP means.

Messi's the best.
Suarez got the highlights this season. Both could replay the season at the same level and things could have been different still.

I'm personally happy that we're not discussing suarez with neymar anymore.

footyfan

Calma, calma
MVP is Suarez, but the best player is still Messi, easily. Messi was injured for 2 months, and Neymarez led Barca admirably. In terms of value, it has to be Suarez. Played the most games and almost consistently at a high level.

Barca's CL chances rest with Messi. If he's plugged in and playing with intensity, it's really hard to bet against Barca retaining the CL over and over again. It's not just because of his talent and ability, but also the fact that the game goes through him so much. When he's not playing at his level and is sluggish, it hurts the entire team.

serghei

Suarez, quite clearly imho.

For all those saying Messi is the better player, that's not what's being asked here.

Suarez outperformed both Messi and Neymar this season.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
It's a very close call between Messi and Suarez I think.

And [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] you're spouting bullshit, as if Messi was wandering around all season long, you guys forget so easily how many games he won us, stats have been posted that around 50% of his goals came when we were drawing, so that's "crucial goals" for you... god what a bunch of nonsense to resume Messi's season to 7km.

gasgas

It's a very close call between Messi and Suarez I think.

And [MENTION=20484]gasgas[/MENTION] you're spouting bullshit, as if Messi was wandering around all season long, you guys forget so easily how many games he won us, stats have been posted that around 50% of his goals came when we were drawing, so that's "crucial goals" for you... god what a bunch of nonsense to resume Messi's season to 7km.
I really hope you noticed that I was asking how do messi and suarez compare when it comes to crucial goals.
But somehow you think I was bashing messi and started being defensive. And even yet you dont say anything about Suarez. Bias or what, I dont know.

Someone said messi receives less chances. And I replied that running 7 km in midfield doesnt help youget many clear cut chances. So it's his choice,

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Someone said messi receives less chances. And I replied that running 7 km in midfield doesnt help youget many clear cut chances. So it's his choice,

:rofl1:

Being in charge of all the creation because our midfield is unable to is what doesn't help you get many clear cut chances.

His choice .. oh my god, if he choose not to go to midfield Suarez wouldn't have had the services he had and we probably would have lost a few games more in the process thus loosing la liga, so blaming Messi for actually stepping up in the part we were lacking the most is some top notch reasoning bro, clap clap.

And that's not even taking into account Messi scored at least as many if not more "crucial goals" as Suarez, check the stats before talking out of your a**.

gasgas

:rofl1:

Being in charge of all the creation because our midfield is unable to is what doesn't help you get many clear cut chances.

His choice .. oh my god, if he choose not to go to midfield Suarez wouldn't have had the services he had and we probably would have lost a few games more in the process thus loosing la liga, so blaming Messi for actually stepping up in the part we were lacking the most is some top notch reasoning bro, clap clap.

And that's not even taking into account Messi scored at least as many if not more "crucial goals" as Suarez, check the stats before talking out of your a**.
Oh really?
Then why was suarez still scoring when messi was out if messi is the only reason we score? He was still top scorer when messi was out, wasn't he?
And who was playing beside him? Munir?
Neymar was still providing chances (explains why he is one of the top chance creators this eason despite a horror 2nd half)
Messi creates chances yes, but not all the chances. And even when he is out, somebody else will step up and create them.
And I think the process of us almost losing la liga started when r messi was back from injury.

You tell me to read stats on crucial goals.
Please post them so that we could all read :D

Catalan Fan

Suarez is a good choice.Scored the most goals and flogged his guts out, even when things weren't going his way and a few on here still questioned him.

But for me I'd go for Masche.Not only did he give it 100%, but he's the teams leader and it showed when others we're strolling around after the unbeaten run.His attitude really impresses me, even when we are struggling he won't give up.

Home of Barca Fans