Barca Transfers and Rumors

Deco

Culé since 2005
Barnardo have said that he wants to return to Benfica when he gets 32 years old, so his next contracts will not be long.

Messi983

Players are saying a lot of things. He could be playing for City until his midthirties and then go to SA for all we know.

Porque

A couple of shrewd free signings and high potential players and we will be in business.

Hopefully this Messi talk allowed us to work in relative silence on our true targets (just don't let Xavi decide them).

Messi983

Still hoping for Daichi Kamada but sadly won't happen.

He was supposedly Milan bound but not sure what will happen now with Maldini gone.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

We always say this at the start of the season. We will sell a few and use the money to get a few in. And what happens? We never end up selling a few.

We practically had to give away Depay and Griezmann for free. Nobody wants out. In an ideal world, we'd cash in on Kounde, Frenk, Fati, Raph, Kessi, Ferran, Lewa and maybe Ous. But come on how many of them are actually going to accept moving. One I'd say, that's it.

And without levers to help us out this year we will be left picking up the pebbles from the EPL bulldozer. And pebbles are not going to make us any more watchable than we were this season.

I mean I'm a glass half full kind of guy, but I worry for next season.

Iniesta Ultra

Messi was the only guy who could save us from Xavi. We're well fucked now but at least I'll get a little joy watching the amigos in MLS.

Messi983

And without levers to help us out this year we will be left picking up the pebbles from the EPL bulldozer. And pebbles are not going to make us any more watchable than we were this season.

One thing we should learn is to NEVER buy from EPL clubs. Ofc if we can get players like AC or Gundo on free it's good, but shouldn't spend money to buy their overpriced players.

SELL to EPL but buy from Ligue 1, BL (not Dortmund though :lol:), Eredivisie, Brazil (or even better find gems in Argentina/Uruguay who are cheaper).

Porque

One thing we should learn is to NEVER buy from EPL clubs. Ofc if we can get players like AC or Gundo on free it's good, but shouldn't spend money to buy their overpriced players.

SELL to EPL but buy from Ligue 1, BL (not Dortmund though :lol:), Eredivisie, Brazil (or even better find gems in Argentina/Uruguay who are cheaper).

This was the strategy that was so successful in Laporta first tenure.

Marquez, Giuly, Ronaldinho from France off the top of my head. A future prospect in Quaresma too.

Then there were guys like Belletti, Eto'o and Alves later in from the LaLiga mid tier.

And we even had our very own Eric Garcia back then. That Alvaro Gonzalez lad from Valladolid :lol:

whyno

I dont know why Barca are not interested in Zielinski. brilliant first touch. Left right leg, no difference. First team for years. Good stats. His contract at Napoli is coming to end. 10 x better than Kessie
:unsure:

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

I dont know why Barca are not interested in Zielinski. brilliant first touch. Left right leg, no difference. First team for years. Good stats. His contract at Napoli is coming to end. 10 x better than Kessie
:unsure:
Zielinski would normally be a really interesting option, but they are not interested because he would still cost a fair amount even though he is in the last year of his contract, and it's clear that the extra side midfielder Xavi wants, he does not want to pay much money for.

Hence the lack of interest in Gabri Viega who would be an even better fit and would cost around the same as Zielinski.

I actually see us only spending money on a CDM predominantly and possibly a LW/ST. I think they will try to solve the right back issue by getting Cancelo on loan.

Messi983

JUST IN: An unexpected meeting ongoing between President Laporta, Xavi, Alemany, Deco, Yuste and Alejandro Echeverria. [@gerardromero] #fcblive

A big meeting is ongoing right now between almost all board members and Xavi to shape the transfer window. Xavi is still insisting on an interior (Gündogan) and pivot (Zubimendi, Kimmich). [@amartiherrero] #fcblive

#Estanpasandocosas

Home of Barca Fans