Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

According to Bild we're following Sule.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futb.../1001737161/suele-centrales-agenda-barca.html

His contract is expiring so understandable if we've contacted his agent but he surely has better options than current Barca.

UOL Sporte says we have a preferential option (I know they don't really mean much) on two Santos youngsters:

Kaiky (CB, 18) https://www.transfermarkt.com/kaiky/profil/spieler/743589

Angelo Gabriel (RW/LW, 17) https://www.transfermarkt.com/angelo-gabriel/profil/spieler/743598

I've heard good things about Kaiky and other big European clubs (and Arsenal) are also following him. Compared to Thiago Silva here https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/03/19/kaiky-melo

Like his long passes and looks to be a good tackler (although getting behind a forward he's covering too often for my liking but he's still yery young so can improve his positioning), hard to say much more from a short highlights video though.

Also, don't replace him with Kayky, who is a highly rated winger who has signed with City last summer and made a first team debut in the FA Cup last week.

Don't know the other guy but the fact he has scored one goal in 51 career games (although in limited minutes) probably tell us that Gustavo Maia is a better player than he is.

Reminds me a bit on Abde (head down and dribble). Of course still extremely young and can improve but I'm sure there are a many more talented players around the same age in Brazil.

Mateka

The difficulty in signing a top player, as always the fee, plus the agent - tho soon to be capped - and then finally the salary.

The top 10 weekly salaries , in reverse order, according to sportbible in GBP:

10. David de Gea (Manchester United): 375,000 per week

9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona/Aston Villa): 380,000 per week

8. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): 381,000 per week

7. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City): 385,000 per week

6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): 385,000 per week

5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): 410,000 per week

4. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): 528,000 per week

3. Oscar (Shanghai Port): 540,000 per week

2. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): 606,000 per week

1. Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain): 960,000 per week

Last edited:

Messigician

The difficulty in signing a top player, as always the fee, plus the agent - tho soon to be capped - and then finally the salary.

The top 10 weekly salaries , in reverse order, according to sportbible in GBP:

10. David de Gea (Manchester United): 375,000 per week

9. Philippe Coutinho (Barcelona/Aston Villa): 380,000 per week

8. Eden Hazard (Real Madrid): 381,000 per week

7. Kevin De Bruyne (Manchester City): 385,000 per week

6. Cristiano Ronaldo (Manchester United): 385,000 per week

5. Kylian Mbappe (Paris Saint-Germain): 410,000 per week

4. Gareth Bale (Real Madrid): 528,000 per week

3. Oscar (Shanghai Port): 540,000 per week

2. Neymar (Paris Saint-Germain): 606,000 per week

1. Lionel Messi (Paris Saint-Germain): 960,000 per week

Messi not earning that much

Mateka

Surely if Mbappe gets Bales salary, that is enough.

Looking at the figures, Haaland to RM, money wise, appears favourite.

Messi983

With the Morata option ruled out, Bar?a are working on signing an striker for this winter who has not appeared as a possible reinforcement before (via [MENTION=16794]xavi[/MENTION]campos)

A new Lord Braithwaite incoming, yes please. :boss:

gregorrin10

With the Morata option ruled out, Bar?a are working on signing an striker for this winter who has not appeared as a possible reinforcement before (via [MENTION=16794]xavi[/MENTION]campos)

Wood has already gone to Newcastle, so that's him ruled out. :(:lol: I mean i'm not opposed to signing someone who could maybe help us for a 6-month loan, but that's the maximum. And as we saw with Morata, getting someone like that could get complicated, since we'd possibly have to commit to them for 12 or even 18 months, or even buying them for a cut price, and that's just not worth it. Why not just stick with Luuk, Jutgla and Ferran in that false nine role until the end of this season. Not to mention BraithGOAT is returning to full fitness soon as well. We can make do with them for the next 4 months.

Last edited:

Barcilliant

That means we are signing some shitty player.
On another note does anyone know if we are getting the Rayi keeper? I would really like to see the back of Ter Stegen.

CatalinR10

what's the point then ?

Just save the money for someone good in the summer rather than getting another pleb.

Luuk + Braithwaite will do for the rest of the season for our top 4 aspirations in the league.

gasgas

................Ter stegen
Dest.....Araujo....Garcia....Balde
..................De jong
....gavi/nico..............pedri
Ferran.......Vlahovic....Fati

Please xavi :cry:

Messi983

I agree with you guys. When Braithwaite is back and if nobody leaves we'll have 8 attacking players (Ansu, Dembele, Ferran, Memphis, Braithwaite, LDJ, Jutgla, Abde - surely the last two could and potentially will be send back to Barca B, especially Jutgla who I think has limited number of games he can play for the first team) so bringing another player who wouldn't improve what we have doesn't make any sense. The same reason why I was against signing Morata (besides him being a dirty Madridista) who I don't rate highly. Although he'd probably still be better than whoever else we can find now.

The only signing that would make a bit sense to me is a young #9 who probably wouldn't make immediate impact but could use next 6 months to adapt to the team before getting more minutes next year. Someone like Agustin (not Julian) Alvarez for example if we can get him for 6-8m. Don't see us going this way if we plan to spend big on Haaland/Vlahovic in summer but could be a cheap backup plan if we fail to get our primary target. Obviously not saying he's anywhere close to a level of Haaland/Vlahovic and probably never will be but just another youngster to add to a young core that could develop together.

But really, if we'll spend any more money in January I think it should be on a defender. Not sure there are any good options available though so better to concentrate on finding a loan destination for Umtiti, renewing Gavi and Araujo and then potentially sign some free agents for next season before they decide to go elsewhere.

On another note does anyone know if we are getting the Rayi keeper? I would really like to see the back of Ter Stegen.

He said he has no offer from Barca. Which makes sense considering there are supposedly no offers for Neto (despite him wanting to leave) and we clearly won't bring another GK until he's here. I think Dimitrievski is one of our GK options (probably not the only one though) but it's more likely he'll come in summer.

On another note, wouldn't be too bad to "steal" away a GK (and one of the best players) from a direct rival for CL spots. :D As strange as this sounds considering we're talking about Rayo.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans