Barca Transfers and Rumors

khaled_a_d

I agree with you guys. When Braithwaite is back and if nobody leaves we'll have 8 attacking players (Ansu, Dembele, Ferran, Memphis, Braithwaite, LDJ, Jutgla, Abde - surely the last two could and potentially will be send back to Barca B, especially Jutgla who I think has limited number of games he can play for the first team) so bringing another player who wouldn't improve what we have doesn't make any sense. The same reason why I was against signing Morata (besides him being a dirty Madridista) who I don't rate highly. Although he'd probably still be better than whoever else we can find now.

The only signing that would make a bit sense to me is a young #9 who probably wouldn't make immediate impact but could use next 6 months to adapt to the team before getting more minutes next year. Someone like Agustin (not Julian) Alvarez for example if we can get him for 6-8m.

Don't think we will sign someone unless it is loan tbh, probably someone like Icardi who is in the market for loan.

khaled_a_d

UOL Sporte says we have a preferential option (I know they don't really mean much) on two Santos youngsters:

How so? Is it one of those 1st options?
Weren't our relation with them broken?

I mean I don't rule us making deals with them, but this feels weird.

Kaiky (CB, 18) https://www.transfermarkt.com/kaiky/profil/spieler/743589

I've heard good things about Kaiky and other big European clubs (and Arsenal) are also following him. Compared to Thiago Silva here https://footballtalentscout.net/2021/03/19/kaiky-melo

Like his long passes and looks to be a good tackler (although getting behind a forward he's covering too often for my liking but he's still yery young so can improve his positioning), hard to say much more from a short highlights video though.

He is really highly rated and he is a one worth following tbh, could be the next Marquinhos.
Young CB isn't really our priority as we need more established ones, but that doesn't mean we should pass on talent like this either.
I think a lot will depend on his development and price

Angelo Gabriel (RW/LW, 17) https://www.transfermarkt.com/angelo-gabriel/profil/spieler/743598

Don't know the other guy but the fact he has scored one goal in 51 career games (although in limited minutes) probably tell us that Gustavo Maia is a better player than he is.

Reminds me a bit on Abde
(head down and dribble). Of course still extremely young and can improve but I'm sure there are a many more talented players around the same age in Brazil.

Don't know about him tbh, but his highlights is encouraging and don't see the head down thing, feels the opposite tbh.
He is 3 years youngers than Abde, even few months younger than Gavi actually so those 51 games he registered while he was 16, impressive if you ask me.
Brazil will always be worth monitoring the talent, let's just hope we can get players who are closer to Vinicious than Maia

JamDav1982

Would have been better off with the 3m probably but knew they would make some kind of deal probably to smooth things over with Santos a bit.

Not sure can ever remember these type of deals coming off for club.

Andresito

Staff member
Wdym, these deals are awesome. Who doesn't appreciate the use we had for options on Manquillo, Saul and Oliver when we sold Villa.

The first option is not only for Kaiky but for 17 year old winger Angelo as well.

Got to be honest, never heard of a "first option" being triggered and turning out a success.

Messi983

How so? Is it one of those 1st options?
Weren't our relation with them broken?

Yeah but they owed us 3m for the Gabigol situation.

[tw]1461416416716808197[/tw]

As said don't think these 1st options mean much, especially with the club that has already fecked us once before. I'm sure they'll be more careful and let us know this time if they'll accept an offer for one of these kids but if an EPL club will pay like 20-30m for Kaiky I doubt we'd match that.

khaled_a_d

Yeah but they owed us 3m for the Gabigol situation.

[tw]1461416416716808197[/tw]

As said don't think these 1st options mean much, especially with the club that has already fecked us once before. I'm sure they'll be more careful and let us know this time if they'll accept an offer for one of these kids but if an EPL club will pay like 20-30m for Kaiky I doubt we'd match that.

Yeah, read about the case yesterday.
Not awful deal if there was a doubt about getting our money back.
Both seems to be a high potential player. Let's see what will happen

LRreal2

i think morato contract ends 2024, i would be having a word with his agent to wait for offers to come in. he could be the next lucio when they release the shackles a bit and he gains confidence playing in CL.

Home of Barca Fans