Barca Transfers and Rumors

Porque

Mason Greenwood links seem to continue appearing. The kid is incredibly talented, we'd be lucky to have him. He's two footed, but favors his left and is strongest on the RW where we already have Yamal. Compared to some of the other LW options we've been linked to, I'd rather take him and play him there despite hating buying players to play out of position.

FC Barcelona: Mes que un clubbing of your girlfriend

Andresito

Staff member
He is a very talented player who we would never be interested in if he was on loan at Bournemouth and not Getafe.
Well of course. He's "Liga proven".

But for a club that puts so much effort and pride into the women's team I don't think Greenwood would be a welcome addition. Despite his innocence.

If want him desperately, start some rumours he's close to signing and see how people react, kind of like how United did. If it's too much fuss, just claim it was always just a rumour and that we of course were never interested.

TheStig

I don't get two things with this Xavi Simons option.

1. Why would PSG loan him when he would be one of their best players? It makes sense to just keep and play him.

2. Why would Barca accept his loan if we have no option of buying him long term (PSG won't sell to us even if we have money)? Are we really that desperate that we are willing to develop players for this piece of shit "club" just so we have a good player for a season?

I have nothing against Simons, he would be a great player and too bad he left when he did but I just don't see a way where we could have him long term.

Last edited:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I don't get two things with this Xavi Simons option.

1. Why would PSG loan him when he would be one of their best players? It makes sense to just keep and play him.

2. Why would Barca accept his loan if we have no option of buying him long term (PSG won't sell to us even if we have money)? Are we really that desperate that we are willing to develop players for this piece of shit "club" just so we have a good player for a season?

I have nothing against Simons, he would be a great player and too bad he left when he did but I just don't see a way where we could have him long term.
1. Would he? Why did they loan him out this season than though?
2. Because we desperate af? You've been under a rock the last 2-3 years?

TheStig

So you would accept to loan Arda Guler to develop him and than return him to Madrid? Don't you guys have any pride? I would rather play the cleaning women than develop players for PSG, Madrid etc.?

Andresito

Staff member
Bad comparison. Simons is a lot more proven than Arda.

He'd have an instant impact in our side even if he's still young. This isn't about developing a player but rather using one to help us. We are in a position where we can't exactly go and sign likes of Leao. We need to rely on these stopgap solutions until there's better options we can afford.

The players we are linked with are Bernardo and Nico for 50m. One is old and the other is raw. It's a big risk to invest that much into either of those players.

Messi983

So you would accept to loan Arda Guler to develop him and than return him to Madrid? Don't you guys have any pride? I would rather play the cleaning women than develop players for PSG, Madrid etc.?

Let me answer you with a question.

Would you prefer to:
1. "develop a player for PSG" but get a better season out of Simons or
2. get another dead wood loanee like Felix who won't really produce much?

Beggars can't be choosers and I prefer us to get the best possible players to have as competitive team as we can in current state and with Xavi as a coach.

Also, PSG is reportedly willing to offload Simons this summer already so don't see it as impossible for us to include a buy option or at least have a hope to sign him permanently next year if he does well.

Now we should always take Catalan media with a grain of salt but let's say reports are true. PSG decides they don't have a spot for him in their team next season and will sent him on loan and that he really has a clause to let him choose where he wants to go. We would be stupid to not take him as we'll have hard time to find a better player on a cheap loan imo.

Porque

The Simons on loan rumour has already been shot down by PSG.

Only way, and it is a small way, is wait and see what PSG accept from Leipzig and then offer the same, but then loan with purchase a year offer and have Simons only accept our offer.

It's a long shot because, despite Mia Kheleifi using this deals for his clubs FFP benefit (Mbappe, Goncalo Ramos, Hugo Ekitike, Nuno Mendes, Danilo, etc) he probably wouldn't accept the same type of deal for an exit from the club.

TheStig

Let me answer you with a question.

Would you prefer to:
1. "develop a player for PSG" but get a better season out of Simons or
2. get another dead wood loanee like Felix who won't really produce much?

Beggars can't be choosers and I prefer us to get the best possible players to have as competitive team as we can in current state and with Xavi as a coach.

Also, PSG is reportedly willing to offload Simons this summer already so don't see it as impossible for us to include a buy option or at least have a hope to sign him permanently next year if he does well.

Now we should always take Catalan media with a grain of salt but let's say reports are true. PSG decides they don't have a spot for him in their team next season and will sent him on loan and that he really has a clause to let him choose where he wants to go. We would be stupid to not take him as we'll have hard time to find a better player on a cheap loan imo.

Neither but if those would be the only two options I would rather get Felix. It's a matter of pride and showing we aren't some development club for bigger fishes, especially PSG. Sporting issue is less important, even if we get or not get Simons we won't win anything next season and we will end in top 4 in La liga anyway. Rather give those minutes to Guille or whoever.

If a buyback clause is inserted in the deal than it's a totally different story but PSG won't do that for us.

Andresito

Staff member
Might be trash rumours, but I've seen people mention Thuram before.
Liverpool have been offered the chance to sign Nice midfielder Khephren Thuram for £13m this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Home of Barca Fans