Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Bergvall? Meh... He should go to Holland maybe for 2 seasons than we'll see. Swedish league is weak af.

Yes but we can get him for cheap now and if he goes to Ajax/PSV and proves himself there then in two years he'll be worth 5 or 10 times more.

Don't know what his potential is but we are bargain hunting which is smart in current situation. Players like Darvich, Faye and Ibrahim Diarra are all part of Deco's plan to bring more talent to the club through Barca B. Talent wise they look levels above likes of Gustavo Maia and Pocho who we wasted money on in last few years.

Most of them probably won't make it (we should still recuperate money invested in them) but if we will find another Pedri or Araujo this strategy will be succesful longterm.

What is his position? CM or CDM?

He's a poor man's Swedish Frenkie.

Santos just got relegated btw, wonder how much it would cost to get Marcos Leonardo?
Could be a good buy and loan bargain.

Agreed but I think there will be a lot of competition for him so won't be that cheap anyway.

Also, what in the world happened to Santos? Relegated for the first time in club history. Just a few weeks before first anniversary of Pele's death too.

khaled_a_d

Agreed but I think there will be a lot of competition for him so won't be that cheap anyway.

Also, what in the world happened to Santos? Relegated for the first time in club history. Just a few weeks before first anniversary of Pele's death too.

Same was said about Angelino, Washington, Andrey Santos & now Andre. All went for affordable prices and probably we could have paid less if we finished the deal earlier. Leonardo isn't a premium talent but he seems to have low floor.

As for Santos, I didn't follow them that much but it seems they have sold every talent they have at every opportunity without even establishing themselves with the team, and they didn't reinvest.
Kaiky, Angelino, Washington all gone within a year time. Probably a financial issue

Porque

We provide a very good environment with (for a top tier club) one of the clearest pathways to first team opportunities.

This Bergvall guy looks technically excellent when given acres of space and time. But then for the fee he will probably cost, it's better to risk now on those attributes, than wait to prove himself at another club and then exit our price range.

Well there will always be talents emerging every season so just about picking our battles wisely.

But then look at someone like Varela who for more or less the same yearly cap space as we are paying Romeu, has commanded a starting space in Porto. Ahead of our former guy Nico who was starting at Valencia and rotation at Barcelona.

We can't afford Varela anymore, while he would probably be a better squad option for Xavi than Romeu ended up being.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Yes but we can get him for cheap now and if he goes to Ajax/PSV and proves himself there then in two years he'll be worth 5 or 10 times more.

Don't know what his potential is but we are bargain hunting which is smart in current situation. Players like Darvich, Faye and Ibrahim Diarra are all part of Deco's plan to bring more talent to the club through Barca B. Talent wise they look levels above likes of Gustavo Maia and Pocho who we wasted money on in last few years.

Most of them probably won't make it (we should still recuperate money invested in them) but if we will find another Pedri or Araujo this strategy will be succesful longterm.

He's a poor man's Swedish Frenkie.

Sure, I get that - but I definitively don't see Barca potential, mid table French/German at max... Darvich has a higher ceiling and he most probably won't succeed here.

Messi983

Sure, I get that - but I definitively don't see Barca potential, mid table French/German at max... Darvich has a higher ceiling and he most probably won't succeed here.

Never watched him in a full match but based on HL he seems to have technical abilities to fit here. Ofc that alone is not always enough to succeed like we've seen so many times but if available for affordable price we could do a lot worse than sign him.

He's probably not a "can't miss" talent though and as Porque said players like him will emerge in future years so won't be the end of the world if we miss out on him.

Temptation

Damn, Barcelona buying all my favourite players!! 😭 😭

Barcelona believe Giovani Lo Celso would complement Robert Lewandowski perfectly, but the Spanish giants reportedly face two big problems when it comes to striking a deal.

On the lookout for a new number 10 to help Lewandowski continue his prolific goalscoring, Barcelona are thought to be targetting a new attacking midfielder ahead of the January transfer window.

And according to a recent report from SPORT, the name at the top of Xavi’s mid-season wishlist is Tottenham Hotspur’s Lo Celso.

Despite seeming like his career at Spurs was over after spending last season out on loan with Villarreal, Lo Celso, 27, has enjoyed a remarkable revival under Ange Postecoglou.

Interesting to see that Xavi wants GLC to get the best out of RL9. I'd LOVE this combination.

JustZanetti4

Damn, Barcelona buying all my favourite players!! 😭 😭

Barcelona believe Giovani Lo Celso would complement Robert Lewandowski perfectly, but the Spanish giants reportedly face two big problems when it comes to striking a deal.

On the lookout for a new number 10 to help Lewandowski continue his prolific goalscoring, Barcelona are thought to be targetting a new attacking midfielder ahead of the January transfer window.

And according to a recent report from SPORT, the name at the top of Xavi’s mid-season wishlist is Tottenham Hotspur’s Lo Celso.

Despite seeming like his career at Spurs was over after spending last season out on loan with Villarreal, Lo Celso, 27, has enjoyed a remarkable revival under Ange Postecoglou.

Interesting to see that Xavi wants GLC to get the best out of RL9. I'd LOVE this combination.
is he any good

Co0ter

Yea lets buy a player who has been largely anonymous throughout his career but started playing good at 27. Let's do it. More please.

Home of Barca Fans