Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

See Romero saying Barca interested in Reece James.

Would be unreal signing even if like all at Chelsea been up and down.

Never happen though.

Deco

Culé since 2005
Barca does not have much history on signing English players, so i doubt it. English players are so overpriced.

JamDav1982

Barca does not have much history on signing English players, so i doubt it. English players are so overpriced.

Had English Manager who signed British players in the 80s and since Cruyff British players did not really have the technical game Barca would be after.

That has changed in recent years but the EPL has so much money those players are hard to get.

There are a ton of British players that would walk into the Barca team history or not.

Deco

Culé since 2005
Had English Manager who signed British players in the 80s and since Cruyff British players did not really have the technical game Barca would be after.

That has changed in recent years but the EPL has so much money those players are hard to get.

There are a ton of British players that would walk into the Barca team history or not.
Yep, english players have bad track record in LL. 4/20 +1 (Wales) that have done it well in league, not a country i will outsource to find players, only foreign players in PL.

JamDav1982

Yep, english players have bad track record in LL. 4/20 +1 (Wales) that have done it well in league, not a country i will outsource to find players, only foreign players in PL.

The best British players have largely not gone across.

Beckham was decent for Real, Owen scored plenty goals as a sub in his season.

McManaman was huge success at Real.. scoring and MOTM in CL Final etc.

Trippier another one.. best RB in La Liga when won league.

But as said things have changed and British players are up there with any technically. Better technical players being produced that Spain currently.

Plenty would walk into Barca and Real sides.

Last edited:

Porque

Malo Gusto was one of those we were tracking. Chelsea signed for 30m. Hindsight and all that, but should have signed him if Kounde were to be fullback.

About Reece James, don't see Chelsea selling. But if they did, I wonder if Madrid would go for him.

JamDav1982

Malo Gusto was one of those we were tracking. Chelsea signed for 30m. Hindsight and all that, but should have signed him if Kounde were to be fullback.

About Reece James, don't see Chelsea selling. But if they did, I wonder if Madrid would go for him.

Maybe Real think he is a LB like some of the usuals on here...

Slevinn

What are your thoughts about Antonio Nusa for Club Brugge? Will he be ready to take a bigger step soon? Sounds like Sevilla are interested in him.
I think he is a big talent but also overrated.
He isn’t a starter yet in Brugge and has little end product atm so I don’t see him going to a better team already.
He will probably get more chances next year if they miss out on the CL and have to sell players to make up for it.

@Porque Orban (Gent) is playing versus West Ham in the Conference League tomorrow. If you want to see him play yourself then this is probably the most interesting game he will be involved in for a good while.

Andresito

Staff member
Only thing we should be doing with English players is snatching them for free as teenagers and selling them later on. Like Sancho, Musiala, Madueke etc.

English market is hugely inflated. If James is available, we're competing with at least 5 other clubs. Plus, they're not going to sell James for any amount that we can afford. Shite rumour.

JamDav1982

Only thing we should be doing with English players is snatching them for free as teenagers and selling them later on. Like Sancho, Musiala, Madueke etc.

English market is hugely inflated. If James is available, we're competing with at least 5 other clubs. Plus, they're not going to sell James for any amount that we can afford. Shite rumour.

That will never happen.

They go to Germany etc as see it as a next step where will get first team football earlier and get the exposure/money quicker.

Wont go to Barca for that.

Andresito

Staff member
That will never happen.

They go to Germany etc as see it as a next step where will get first team football earlier and get the exposure/money quicker.

Wont go to Barca for that.
It's unlikely yes. But we made a 4x profit on Louie Barry, even if fee was minimal. It's not a main tactic, but if opportunity arrives we should look into it. Bayern did it well with Omar Richards.

Porque

Better to focus on SA market and build the value of the players we sell, rather than do the opposite mainly down to overpaying wages. Or even Africa where Spain has no issue with nonEU quotas.

And also secure the assets in the youth teams. Like Ilias, moving to Leeds for free, where we earn from formation rights but could have had a transfer fee. Or if we were Madrid, had him signed up until 2026 and sold with a buyback that's valid for 3 years or more.

JamDav1982

It's unlikely yes. But we made a 4x profit on Louie Barry, even if fee was minimal. It's not a main tactic, but if opportunity arrives we should look into it. Bayern did it well with Omar Richards.

Barca will probably try for those players still but wont be coming for reasons many do to Germany etc when looking at first team football.

Shame really as England producing better players than Spain currently but move to La Liga is not all that appealing to them bar maybe Real or Barca if think can win.

Home of Barca Fans