Barca Transfers and Rumors

Porque

According to Sport, we did infact make an enquiry for Angelo Gabriel on the final day of the market, but Xavi preferred to stick with the current squad and prioritize renewals.

Santos were favourable to a loan + purchase deal, and Gabriel wanted the move. He would have been incorporated as a B team player to avoid salary cap (I think LaLiga changed this rule regarding the wages applying after Yusuf Demir. But as far as I know the transfer fee would be impacted as a B team expense like Vini Jr, Rodrigo, Reinier loophole).

Good story all around if true, which matches the stories of Forest being interested in a loan+purchase of Gabriel and ourselves having a first option to match.

Hopefully something we can return to in the Summer if Angelo Gabriel has a good start to Brasil Serie A. Doubt we have the funds to go for both he and Vitor Roque in the same window though, but if one can be a B team signing and/or potentially loaned- who knows.

Transfer fee rumoured to be 18-20m from media reports of Flamengo/Forest interest, while our buy option is 35m. So it is in our interests to wait for Santos to agree a fee with someone else (hello Real Betis?) Before we decide if to move in a match. Similar to what happened with Kaiky.

Last edited:

Porque

Linked with 20yo Serbian Left winger Stefan Mitrovic of Red Star. Trincao vibes. Reckon were getting name-dropped more than serious interest on this one.

Porque

Barcelona like Brazilian right-back Arthur (19), who's extremely offensive-minded. [sport] #fcblive

"The technicians will continue to observe the evolution of the Mineiro side, who is one of the pleasant surprises for the Sele?ao in a South American Under-20 , where the big star is being Vitor Roque, the '9' that Bar?a wants to incorporate this summer to make complement of 'Lewa'."

Never heard of him. It's a better sign if he is both starting for club and country compared to Wesley.

Maybe the club see something in Wesley though.

wisconsincule

Linked with 20yo Serbian Left winger Stefan Mitrovic of Red Star. Trincao vibes. Reckon were getting name-dropped more than serious interest on this one.

Could be Trincao or it could be Mitoma or Kvaratskhelia?.. I had never heard of the latter two until they broke out?

I would rather take a 15m punt on a prospect than sign carrasco.. Hoping the Carrasco rumors die as soon as possible?

Andresito

Staff member
Guy joined his new club less than a year ago, has produced 5G and 2A in 26 games and now we're interested?

gregorrin10

Please not another Brazilian right back , money laundering deal ..

Need to stop overthinking it and just activate Arnau's 20M release clause this summer, and let him be the backup to Kounde, who needs to keep playing there. We can't and shouldn't bench either one of Kounde, Araujo or Christensen, as long as they're all healthy. Kounde will still get to play CB when either one of the other two is unavailable, but when all healthy, Araujo-Christensen is actually the go-to, the best CB pair in the club, cause they just compliment each other so well. Kounde is not that stable and is more prone to mistakes and loss of focus, plus his great passing (which is his strongest ability) can just as easily come from the right.

vuji_31

Small problem tho is that those 20m for Arnau have to be paid in a lump sum right?

I think yes.

That could be problem for broke club.

But again I think we will sell a lot of player, Ansu Fati,Kessie, Ferran, Garcia, Abde, Dest, Lenglet, Nico...

Home of Barca Fans