Barca Transfers and Rumors

JamDav1982

Zaha is a good player and would be about only other wide man other than Dembele that wants to run at teams and disrupt them.

The other wide players want to be narrow and trying to move to find space in box.

Wont be signing for Barca though... unless they want x2 'wingers' and punt Raphinha back to EPL for cash cant see it.

He should get a good EPL move if doesnt end up in Newcastle for a big contract.

Can see him at Arsenal.

Nazario1985

He is free as contract running down and there will be plenty decent clubs after him.

So shit question.

Yeah sure RM & bayern and manCity are all over him !

Yet to see those "last/second chance" small clubs free agents wonder turning their careers only at FCB

Last edited:

Messi983

Gusto is far more developed offensively with way higher potential, miles better IMO

Yeah, Gusto has bigger offensive upside but I think Arnau's offensive game is underrated.

Looking at stats (which I'm not really a big fan of) Arnau actually has better contribution than Gusto.

Anyway, I'd be happy with either Gusto or Arnau. Surely won't happen but maybe should consider signing both and see who sticks around. We need two new RBs anyway but yeah, it's more likely one of them will be a bit more experienced.

Not a big fan of Zubimendi, but Arnau Martinez looks decent. Only issue I have with him is whether we really want another inexperienced player in the starting 11.

That's the only problem I'd have as well but tbh Gusto or Vanderson are not all that much more experienced either. OTOH while likes of Araujo and Kounde are still young they also have quite a lot of experience on a top level as well.

And well, if we finally find a RB we could let that backline (RB-Araujo-Kounde-Balde) grow together. Would probably go through some growing pains early but benefit longterm from that.

How's Arnau's pace?

Is Pavard a fair comparison to his play style?

I'd say he's decent. Haven't seen him beaten for pace much.

Arnau fits what Xavi wants as a defensive fullback, who can occasionally make a good play in attack. He is a bit like a younger, cheaper Foyth.
That said, he is fairly limited on offensive end, in comparison to the players [MENTION=22514]Riordon[/MENTION] mentioned at least.

he could be a fine purchase I guess, but...
1-You need at least one very good offensive FB, so far Barca best one is Alba who will be 34 by the time Arnau arrive. I don't trust Balde to be a consistent threat to warrant bringing a defensive RB.
2-When Xavi get replaced (which will happen in summer at earliest, 2026 at most, Arnau will be 23 in his last season in such most optimistic scenario) what will happen if another Barca coach don't approve such defensive FB?

Overall, for the price he is a good purchase. 20M is decent even for back up FB

Can bring a more offensive RB then and use him as a backup or even re-train as a CB. Or just sell if he won't make it. Can't really go wrong for 20m imo.

And I think Balde can develop into a very good offensive LB.

Best person to ask about Arnau is [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION] who watched him alot.

From the few games I seen, solid in defence, OK technically and non-existent in attack, with average pace. Basically if Palencia ended up a LaLiga level talent, he would be called Arnau Martinez.

I don't have a problem with him being an option. He can clearly has room to grow and is hanging well at a young age in LaLiga.

But I would rather we took the time to scout a fullback with world class potential.

Problem is we don't really have much time and I doubt there are really any WC talents available right now.

Nazario1985

The question is, who is calling these shots?

Is it Laporta & it's sporting director as part of a "rebuild" (yes don't laugh) and not bind to one coach desires.

or is it Xavi if yes, how much money is this board willing to spend on him again if any is left from summer?

vuji_31

I would go with Frimpong.

Most impprtant attribute on RB/LB is pace.

Not a big price, but best option on market.
He has some world class attributes with pace, agillity and acceleration while Arnau is really average.

Just type of player for Osasuna, Villareal or Bilbao.

Home of Barca Fans