Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Is he good attacking-wise? Because if he's shit going forward I don't really see the point.

Pretty good from what I've seen. The only problem I see is he's playing as a RWB in a system with 3 atb so would need to adapt back to 4-3-3 but has previous experience playing in Barca so that shouldn't be too hard. Would probably still prefer to sign him and loan him back to Girona to get regular La Liga minutes than bring him immediately as a squad player. If Dest stays we should be ok at RB with him and Roberto while Araujo and Kounde (if signed) also could play there.

Tbh the more I think about this more ok I'd be if this transfer window we'd only sign Kounde, Arnau and a LB like Gaya, Wijndal or potentially even Sergio Gomez (alongside Kessie and Christensen obviously). Keep FDJ and don't overspend on Lewa, Bernardo or Raphinha. If we can find cheaper alternatives fine (I'd prefer to bring players with longterm potential not just one year solutions like Di Maria though) but otherwise just save the money and wait until next year when we can hopefully offload Busi and Pique so can finally do a proper rebuild.

I think with an improved defense if everyone stays healthy midfield (with the addition of Kessie) and attack are good enough to be at least competitive in La Liga (I mean, even with all that stress after Messi leaving and poor start of the season we would be within like 5 points behind Madrid if we wouldn't drop points against likes of Cadiz at Camp Nou at the end of the season) and Copa and I don't expect much more. We shouldn't really think about CL as we won't do anything there until Busi is a starter regardless of who else we bring.

Don't expect this to happen though. Laporta won't sell future TV rights and not make at least one big name signing so I expect us to overpay for Lewa in the end. Nothing against him personally as he's clearly a top player and even his age is not that big obstacle to me as still believe he has 2-3 great seasons in him but just think overall would be smarter to look at younger options. Better get someone like Cody Gakpo for 30m for example. Can play as a LW initially but longterm could possibly also turn into a 9.

Porque

Watched Botafogo - Flu yesterday and was initially impressed by the Fluminense midfielder Andre. Checked and us and Liverpool have recently been linked. Not good enough for us though. Or atleast not good enough to jump into the first team setup yet.

Luiz Henrique wasn't involved much but when he was he looked good. Dollar store Dembele with better short space technique. Will do well for Betis I reckon.

Lastly that 18 year old striker Madrid are looking to buy Matheus looked interesting. He didn't do much (Bota had something ridiculous like 20 percent possession) but he Definitely has something to watch more of.

On a final note finally got around to watching an Andrey Santos game and... Was less impressed then expected to be. Need to watch more games because what he does well he is excellent at. But the things that he need to work on reminds me of Ilaix. Right now a 5-10m signing to groom in the B. But no where near ready being In the first right now- like alot of the Brazilian talents atm

Last edited:

Zidane82

🚨🚨| Frenkie De Jong's replacement is ready: Carlos Soler would join FC Barcelona for ?20M; agreement completed. @juanjimenista

Porque

Give the man a star who predicted it.

To be fair, Soler for 20m (+Kessie) is solid.

+
1) Good price
2) Good players with different profiles
3) Not a Gavi roadblock
4) Resellable with wages are modest

-
1) If you are seeking a Bernardo alternative, he isn't it. Completely different type of player.

Androutsos

����| Frenkie De Jong's replacement is ready: Carlos Soler would join FC Barcelona for ?20M; agreement completed. @juanjimenista

He is no Bernardo, but he is still better suited as an interior in our system than FDJ. That isn't to say that he is a better player than FDJ. 20m of the Man U money going to this and the rest going to Kounde?

xXKonan

Pretty much how I expected it to go.

The whole idea was to sell FDJ for big money and try and clear his wages. The likes of Kessie, Gavi, and a cheap option like Soler are what's going to replace him while the Majority of the funds will go towards other stuff. I'm sure Xavi is going to be miffed about it but hey that's what happens when you have way too big of expectations while we are still fragile money wise.

gregorrin10

20m for Soler is high.

Especially when Atletico were set to get him for just 15M a few weeks ago...I guess that did not go through? I really hope that if we do get him, we go for the double and also get Gaya, who would be much more useful and needed for us right now out of the two Valencia targets. 30M for both should be enough, 40M would already be overpaying it in my opinion.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Not overly excited over Soler. But he has in fact scored 11 goals in La Liga the past two seasons, mostly as CM (also played RM a little).

The fact that he has played RM makes him suitable as a RCM with freedom to roam wide. Pedri LCM and the timeless enigma behind.

I'm truly hoping that Kessie can take Busquets' place as a DM. He doesn't have to do anything fancy, just play the ball simple and provide cover for CB's and CM's. Don't @ me Messi983.

Messi983

I know people will complain (because that's what they usually do when we sign La Liga players) but I'd take Soler for 20m over Bernardo for 80m every day.

Home of Barca Fans