Barca Transfers and Rumors

malvolio

Looks good in theory but sadly we all know this will never happen and Xavi will continue to play his amigos.

looks good if you want to get dumped out of CL groups into EL every season.

defence is unproven and/or filled with mediocrity.

midfield so and so. probably most promising area, but again lots of uncertainty.

attack is terrible. fati is dead, depay and morata are EL level players. don't know how torres would play as RW for us, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Kubala

looks good if you want to get dumped out of CL groups into EL every season.

defence is unproven and/or filled with mediocrity.

midfield so and so. probably most promising area, but again lots of uncertainty.

attack is terrible. fati is dead, depay and morata are EL level players. don't know how torres would play as RW for us, but i'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Attack is better than Eze...........Luke.........Jutgla surely.

malvolio

Attack is better than Eze...........Luke.........Jutgla surely.

cut the bullshit mate. we already have ferran-LDJ-depay. only change would be LDJ for Morata.

so short therm not much difference, we'll probably snatch 4th place and that's it.

long therm that attack is shite.

Kubala

What bullshit? No need to be an arse.
That is the front three we've had for several games, i'm just looking at the positive side and seeing that as an improvement. Of course it isn't Neymar-Suarez-Messi, those days are long gone. But we are where we are and have to get better, little by little. I see that as an improvement.

malvolio

What bullshit? No need to be an arse.
That is the front three we've had for several games, i'm just looking at the positive side and seeing that as an improvement. Of course it isn't Neymar-Suarez-Messi, those days are long gone. But we are where we are and have to get better, little by little. I see that as an improvement.

you try to make a point by overreacting and bringing up some lineup that we barely used this season, because of injuries and lack of players.

depay and LDJ are already starters when fit. so it's torres coming in. like i've said - morata for LDJ won't give us any edge this season.

long therm even less so.

you're suggested lineup is pretty poor, considering that we want to get back in being contenders for Liga/CL. it's more EL level.

JamDav1982

Morata for LDJ would improve the side a lot this season but that is not a long term answer or anything to get excited about.

If they give up the 40m for Griezmann for Morata or anywhere close it is short term thinking that will impact later down line but other than that cant see why Atletico would agree. Hopefully if that is the idea it is far less than the 40m.

The suggested line ups are more about what would improve team now and give a base level to start improving as much as anything. Not about teams that will win the CL right now.

Kubala

you try to make a point by overreacting and bringing up some lineup that we barely used this season, because of injuries and lack of players.

depay and LDJ are already starters when fit. so it's torres coming in. like i've said - morata for LDJ won't give us any edge this season.

long therm even less so.

you're suggested lineup is pretty poor, considering that we want to get back in being contenders for Liga/CL. it's more EL level.

It isn't my suggested lineup, I've added those at the bottom. It's the lineup we seem to be heading to with the players we have been linked with/in talks with.:rolleyes:
And in my opinion, pretty much anyone would give us an edge over LDJ for the rest of this season. :lol:

malvolio

Morata is a lot better than Luuk lol. And that's not because Morata is good, but because Luuk is absolute ass.

not the point i was trying to make. is morata a better player? hell yeah.

are we achieving anything different this season with morata instead of LDJ? hell no.

JamDav1982

not the point i was trying to make. is morata a better player? hell yeah.

are we achieving anything different this season with morata instead of LDJ? hell no.

Better chance of top three/four and in Europa with Morata than LDJ.

They will be shit scared of not making CL.

For this season it makes sense. As a long term option it doesnt.

Also if it is tied in to Griezmann signing for Atletico now they could be using it to improve this years accounts.

malvolio

Better chance of top three/four and in Europa with Morata than LDJ.

They will be shit scared of not making CL.

For this season it makes sense. As a long term option it doesnt.

top 4 seems well in reach when considering that the likes of betis, atletico, sociedad are stumbling every other week.

no need for desperate signings like paying for morata. on loan for 6 months? maybe.

mc_lovin

Even long term it makes sense (unless we pay too much). For depth alone. We need 5-6 solid options upfront and not freaking B team players.

Andresito

Staff member
top 4 seems well in reach when considering that the likes of betis, atletico, sociedad are stumbling every other week.

no need for desperate signings like paying for morata. on loan for 6 months? maybe.

That's what everyone are arguing for. 6 months loan with low (non-obligatory) buy option. It's a clear improvement after the injury to Ansu and the Dembele drama.

JamDav1982

It is in reach but Barca are not playing well and injuries to Fati etc going to matter. They would want to increase chances.

They will be sweating about CL and it impacting their plans for next season.

LDJ would barely get in any team in the league bar the shitest ones. Morata should be a big step up from him for remainder of this season and what onbjectives are.

Home of Barca Fans