Barca Transfers and Rumors

KluivertsBoots

Fuck we should have gotten him. Seems like we're more interested in galactic signing these days.
People keep ignoring the fact that Greizmann's best position is occupied by Messi at Barca.

He likes to operate in the same space Messi normally plays in.
This could turn out to be another Coutinho type signing

Griezmann is a second striker, so he does occupy the same space as Messi would like occasionally. He is not someone who is going to tip the spear as Suarez has done. Griezmann is not a 4-3-3 center forward. He's needed Giroud and Mbappe to occupy center backs for France while he does his thing. Atleti has always had a target man.

I just don't know where Valverde is going strategically with the team. Are we officially done with wing forwards at this club? There are instances where Griezmann could work well. A 4-3-1-2 set up would be the best way to incorporate a player like him in my opinion. Messi would play the classic enganche role, and Griezmann could also have his favored off striker role to Suarez or in tandem with another all-out center forward once Suarez is gone.

Last edited:

KluivertsBoots

De Ligt is being advised to pick a Premier League option over Barcelona. I can't say I disagree with that. City, United and Liverpool will all pay Raiola wages, guarantee a starting spot and offer more stability.

KluivertsBoots

Marca are all over it today. They are now reporting Semedo would like to consider his options, but that Barcelona are not yet ready to consider a sale.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2019/06/04/5cf67f6946163f2a228b45d0.html

My position is that if the club doesn't think Semedo is a better option than Sergi Roberto (not a right back, mind you) that it is kind of a no brainer to at least consider a good offer and get your money back.

I presented the available option of Elseid Hysaj above. Club needs a right back badly, and all this board and manager can think about is a back-up left back. Insanity.

mia7007

Marca are all over it today. They are now reporting Semedo would like to consider his options, but that Barcelona are not yet ready to consider a sale.

https://www.marca.com/futbol/barcelona/2019/06/04/5cf67f6946163f2a228b45d0.html

My position is that if the club doesn't think Semedo is a better option than Sergi Roberto (not a right back, mind you) that it is kind of a no brainer to at least consider a good offer and get your money back.

I presented the available option of Elseid Hysaj above. Club needs a right back badly, and all this board and manager can think about is a back-up left back. Insanity.
If Semedo will leave, I would prefer Cancelo to be our RB

Danny Ocean

My entire beef with Barcelona's transfer "strategy" the past several years is that there hasn't been one. It has just been the club blindly splashing out on talented players they hope will adapt rather than targeting specific kinds of players for a clearly defined concept on the pitch.

In the Coutinho and Dembele examples, you have two players who are best in the same position - floating central attacking midfielders - which does not exist at the club due to Valverde tactics and a player named Lionel Messi.

The Arthur and de Jong moves offer some hope that blind squirrels can, in fact, still find the occasional nut.
Yes exactly, you pretty much nailed it. So many expensive transfers without thinking about needs and without planning. So frustrating to think about the insane amounts paid for Coutinho/Dembele and all that wasted money.

RIZALDINHO

either semedo is our rb our we sign a new rb because roberto is a rubbish at rb and in midfeild we should sell roberto, he is not good enough to play for us.

Home of Barca Fans