Barca Transfers and Rumors

vuji_31

I agree with that...Arthur is great for possesion but he is same type as De Jong.On his place we need someone like de Beek.
Also De Jong is much faster and better in defence.Stamina is also worst then De Jong.

I think perfect balance for big games in CL in midfield would be De Jong - Busqets - Van de Beek
Also you have Arthur,Vidal and Alena on the bench.

Well Messi is floating around that space so it is not like that he is on ST position.
Possible problem could be that he is not RW and he is simular to Messi in terms of movment.

So Lacazette could be better option for ST,and you have 50 millions more for some other players.

FCBfan22

As I said before, instead of Griezmann, I would get both Lacazette and Piatek, so there is competition at ST position.

vuji_31

Then you have 3 strikers since Suarez is staying in Barc aat least one more season.

Didn't watch Piatek but I think he does not have driblling and passing needed for Barca 9.Also his pace is not best since he is young.

FCBfan22

Then you have 3 strikers since Suarez is staying in Barc aat least one more season.

Didn't watch Piatek but I think he does not have driblling and passing needed for Barca 9.Also his pace is not best since he is young.

Oh, I forgot to say that I would sell Suarez. But that's not happening, so this is all utopia.

Zidane82

As I said before, instead of Griezmann, I would get both Lacazette and Piatek, so there is competition at ST position.

Imagine Lacazette AND Aubameyang alongside Messi :)

Offload Suarez and sadly even Coutinho.. to fund them ..

Maybe a swap deal !

I’m just dreaming ...

FCBfan22

Imagine Lacazette AND Aubameyang alongside Messi :)

Offload Suarez and sadly even Coutinho.. to fund them ..

Maybe a swap deal !

I’m just dreaming ...

Too similar profiles. I think we need 2 strikers that can offer each other competition, but also have their strengths in different applications. Lacazette as a more of a striker involved in overall play and Piatek as a target man. Also, they would together cost around the price of Griezmann.

Givenchy

the problem with these ST suggestions is none of them will want to sit on the bench.. and thats exactly what they'll be doing under FC Messi and Ernie. Suarez will still be starting no matter what, hes bff with Messi.

FCBfan22

the problem with these ST suggestions is none of them will want to sit on the bench.. and thats exactly what they'll be doing under FC Messi and Ernie. Suarez will still be starting no matter what, hes bff with Messi.

Exactly. In a perfect scenario, Valverde would get bitchslapped out of Barca and Suarez, Rakitić, Busquets and Coutinho would get sold.

The thing is that I think we could work with both Piatek and Lacazette if we had a manager, who would prepare for the games, do opponent analysis and use one of them, depending on what opponent's weaknesses are. Also, if one starts, the other could get subbed on later.

But that's all utopia, as you said.

LordLichtenstein

The fact of the matter is that we need a new manager to come in and take charge as well as make radical changes to our team, much like Pep did back in 2008.

1) Philosophy and identity comes first.

2) Messi needs a talking to. If he wishes to retain his role as captain, then he needs to show leadership. He should inspire hope and confidence during adversity, and not drop his head and start sulking. He should set an example for the rest of the squad by running and pressing more. etc.

3) Coutinho, Rakitic, Cillessen, Malcom, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Cucurella and Ortolá needs to be sold.

4) Todibo, Emerson and Miranda needs to be loaned out.

5) Busquets, Suárez and Roberto should have supporting roles within the squad. Bench time.

6) Buy .. hell I don't know.

--------Dembélé/??????------??????/Suárez---------Messi/??????---------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------Arthur/Aleñá------De Jong/Busquets-------??????/Vidal---------------
Alba/??????--------De Ligt/Umtiti--------Piqué/Lenglet--------Semedo/Roberto
------------------------------Ter Stegen/??????------------------------------------

FCBfan22

The fact of the matter is that we need a new manager to come in and take charge as well as make radical changes to our team, much like Pep did back in 2008.

1) Philosophy and identity comes first.

2) Messi needs a talking to. If he wishes to retain his role as captain, then he needs to show leadership. He should inspire hope and confidence during adversity, and not drop his head and start sulking. He should set an example for the rest of the squad by running and pressing more. etc.

3) Coutinho, Rakitic, Cillessen, Malcom, Gomes, Denis, Rafinha, Cucurella and Ortolá needs to be sold.

4) Todibo, Emerson and Miranda needs to be loaned out.

5) Busquets, Suárez and Roberto should have supporting roles within the squad. Bench time.

6) Buy .. hell I don't know.

--------Dembélé/??????------??????/Suárez---------Messi/??????---------------
----------Arthur/Aleñá------De Jong/Busquets-------??????/Vidal---------------
Alba/??????--------De Ligt/Umtiti--------Piqué/Lenglet--------Semedo/Roberto
------------------------------Ter Stegen/??????------------------------------------

I'd sell Suarez too, but keep Malcom as a backup for both wings.

--------Dembélé/Malcom------Lacazette/Piatek---------Messi/Malcom----------
----------Arthur/Aleñá------De Jong/Busquets-------Vidal/Roberto--------------
Alba/??????--------Lenglet/Umtiti--------Piqué/De Ligt--------Semedo/Wague

With LB, I have no idea. For 2nd GK, we ideally get someone decent, who is willing to have arse blisters. Also De Ligt and Pique should share one spot and Lenglet and Umtiti the other, because of perferred foots. Also, Bob to midfield as Vidal backup with Wague being promoted.

Ideally, we would get someone like Ndombele for that CM position, but I think we don't have the budget, if we do this plan.

khaled_a_d

Van de Beek would be amazing. He has endless motor and defensive workrate, amazing off the ball, great one touch play.

He'd help us so much with movement off the ball and making runs for scoring/assisting which we sorely lack outside of Messi. His chemistry with FDJ is proven as well.

A midfield of Arthur-FDJ-Van de Beek is easily the best in football IMO. Would completely change the identity of this team.

Well, maybe not because there is only one man in the world that is capable of fucking it up and that's Fraudverde.

Are they? I mean even assuming it is unintended exaggeration I don't feel it is accurate. Though I am not sure whether you are talking about now or potentially in 2 years.
This midfield is basically 2/3 of Ajax midfield, who was good but not that great either. Schone was the 3rd guy and he was the one covering most ground and providing leadership and experience. Arthur misses all of those 3 qualities atm.
And even then, this midfield failed to win possession in way too many games in CL. That was ok when you are overachieving team like Ajax, but not when under microscope with Barca.

Another couple of concerns, 1st is is where creativity comes from?
Arthur lacks that, his 0.5 key pass per game is prime example for that. Ajax relied heavily on Ziyash. This midfield as it stands right now will still rely on Messi creating chances.

Also both FDJ and VDB movements are way too vertical for Barca midfield. Busquets for example was able to make this lateral movements more than both.
Last midfielder who was too reliant on this vertical movements was Gomes, and it affected his game badly that he had to hold his ground more, not comparing both as I understand the difference between players, but it is legitimate concern. Arthur obviously helps in that regard.

Another thing is how Arthur and FDJ help each other, how all 3 of same young age group will grow together etc.

Lastly, I am not sure how much Barca fans will like VDB here. I like him, but his game actually reminds me a lot of Raki during his Schalke days (when he was even younger) except Raki was actually superior passer in final 3rd. most Barca fans nowadays won't believe it is same Raki if they watch his old games back then. Barca midfielders usually has to make sacrifices of their game regardless the coach, how will Barca's VDB will look like here is a bit of mystery.

In the long run it may work if they all develop tremendously, I give you that

Last edited:

LaPulga

This summer I am more interested in who we offload (or put back in the hierarchy by bying better/competitive players), than who we are buying.

This team's main issue is not in quality, it is in hunger/motivation, and has been like that for years. Last year we added someone like Vidal who is very hungry/motivate player, but the solution is not adding hungry players, it is offloading the not-hungry ones. I'm talking about the vacas-sagradas, those who are never questioned in our team...

vuji_31

Donny van de Beek is not serious option.He was once mentioned and thats all...I don-t think he will be Barca player next season.

I think biggger problem is attack. Suarez is old and slow , don't play defence like we seen against Lpool , Messi is Messi , Dembele is injured all time , Malcom is not wanted by Valverde and Cootinho is just shit.
You have one player who is reliable other are far from that.

By the way , Malcom could score at least 5 goals more this season considering his misses from 5 meters and one on one situations.

We need wingers for 4-3-3 formation.
Since Coutinho and Malcom are going we need at least 2 players.

In midfield I feel like is well covered. Busqets , De Jong , Arthur , Alena , Vidal and one high stamina player who is good in defence and attack and we are good.

Defence is really decent.Just on LB and thats all.

I don't think we lack much quality ,just the new coach.
Liverpool have much shitter team and they beat us like pussys.
If we went with 4-3-3 we would score at least one goal.

So maybe 2 wingers , backup striker, midfielder , De Ligt and backup left back.

Zidane82

Too similar profiles. I think we need 2 strikers that can offer each other competition, but also have their strengths in different applications. Lacazette as a more of a striker involved in overall play and Piatek as a target man. Also, they would together cost around the price of Griezmann.

They play marvellously well TOGETHER is my point .. Messi can mesh with anyone ..

As regards money .., sell Suarez and Coutinho ( sadly )

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans