Barca Transfers and Rumors

Messi983

Fair enough.
I think Richarlison is only 21 years old, so he still has room for improvement.
We should keep an eye on him.
But what if we don't find a Suarez replacement and Malcom leaves?
Then we will need a Malcom replacement

Malcom is basically our 3rd string RW (behind Messi and Dembele) and LW (behind Dembele and Cou) with limited minutes so we don't exactly need to replace him. But if we'll sell him I think instead of looking for another true winger we should get a versatile LW/ST goalscorer who could play on the wings (like Villa in his time here or Mbappe now; I know we won't get him so I'm just using him as an example) for a year or two until Suarez is still here and then hopefully take over from him. As much criticism as Suarez is getting he's still providing us 40 goals/season which we'll eventually need to replace somehow. I like Richarlison but I don't think he'll ever be capable of scoring that much or even play as a lone striker in our system.

Still, with how limited market for young (realistically available) strikers is we'll need to take a risk with someone and Richarlison could be an option here (if he won't make it as Suarez's replacement he could still be a very good winger) especially because we could use Gomes and maybe even Malcom to lower his price. This could be helpful if we're planning to spend 80M on MDL after already investing that much in FDJ.

That said despite Marca's report I don't think Richarlison is among the top 3/5 options we're considering right now but we should definitely continue to follow his progress as long as he stays in Everton.

Sorin

He will have many clubs offering huge money for him. Like him a lot but would pass

Well yeah, of course he'll have offers from a lot of teams since he is one of the best young wingers in the world. Don't get me wrong, it's not like we should break the bank for him, but if the opportunity arises, and we sell Malcom/Cout, I wouldn't mind testing the waters to see what it'll take to get him. The fact that we don't really have a specialized LW is even more reason to have an eventual interest in him.

GoodKid

Malcom is basically our 3rd string RW (behind Messi and Dembele) and LW (behind Dembele and Cou) with limited minutes so we don't exactly need to replace him. But if we'll sell him I think instead of looking for another true winger we should get a versatile LW/ST goalscorer who could play on the wings (like Villa in his time here or Mbappe now; I know we won't get him so I'm just using him as an example) for a year or two until Suarez is still here and then hopefully take over from him. As much criticism as Suarez is getting he's still providing us 40 goals/season which we'll eventually need to replace somehow. I like Richarlison but I don't think he'll ever be capable of scoring that much or even play as a lone striker in our system.

Still, with how limited market for young (realistically available) strikers is we'll need to take a risk with someone and Richarlison could be an option here (if he won't make it as Suarez's replacement he could still be a very good winger) especially because we could use Gomes and maybe even Malcom to lower his price. This could be helpful if we're planning to spend 80M on MDL after already investing that much in FDJ.

That said despite Marca's report I don't think Richarlison is among the top 3/5 options we're considering right now but we should definitely continue to follow his progress as long as he stays in Everton.

Joao Felix is that player

MTL_Barca

Leaving City because he isn't first choice just to join a club where he wouldn't be first choice doesn't sound like the best idea ever.

I think he'll stay but maybe not renew, if he can't get more starts in the important matches he could then leave 2020 with 1 year left on his contract.

Riordon

With De Jong already here and De Ligt on his way, we are almost done with are transfer business for the summer. Seems the club learned so much in the summer of 2017. Now we are getting business done early instead of waiting to late august.

We will probably get a forwards and thats it. With Jovic discarded, who are the options? Only Griezmann I guess?

GOAT_SUAREZ

With De Jong already here and De Ligt on his way, we are almost done with are transfer business for the summer. Seems the club learned so much in the summer of 2017. Now we are getting business done early instead of waiting to late august.

We will probably get a forwards and thats it. With Jovic discarded, who are the options? Only Griezmann I guess?

Neymar fucked us that summer.

Griezmann no way. Way too much salary and we don't want him.

I really have no idea what our plans are for striker. My favorite is Felix but he probably is too pricey.

Riordon

Neymar fucked us that summer.

Griezmann no way. Way too much salary and we don't want him.

I really have no idea what our plans are for striker. My favorite is Felix but he probably is too pricey.

I thought for a long time it would be Jovic.... Now I have absolutely no clue. Of all the young strikers emerging Felix is my favourite. I like A.Isak too.

But IMO with the way Suarez has been playing this year, he doesn't need a replacement but a backup. Best 9 in the game this season.

Could be SO nice to get a steal somewhere. A young forward from a lesser league who comes here and explode.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

If Sane played here, and if EV would have give him the same treatment as Pep is giving him, people would call EV: an idiot, poor man management, clueless, this idiot is horrible in developing youngsters, he needs to go etc.

On the other hand, Pep is losing to anyone in a CL, conceding 5 goals to anyone, not playing Sane, from personal reasons, the same as how he did tons of times in the past.

Yet, nobody is calling him "Retardo".
I am confused.
Double standards?

GOAT_SUAREZ

If Sane played here, and if EV would have give him the same treatment as Pep is giving him, people would call EV: an idiot, poor man management, clueless, this idiot is horrible in developing youngsters, he needs to go etc.

On the other hand, Pep is losing to anyone in a CL, conceding 5 goals to anyone, not playing Sane, from personal reasons, the same as how he did tons of times in the past.

I am confused.
Double standards?

Yes.

khaled_a_d

I am confused.
Double standards?

tbh Retardo doesn't rhyme with any of Pep/Josep/Guardiola. That is why people call him fraudiola instead :evil:

MTL_Barca

Sometimes you just make shit up to call everyone out but this one seems really pointless. The City squad is stacked and you can only start 11 players. Pep manages the minutes just fine especially since Sterling and B. Silva aren't old, tired all the time or underperforming.

Nobody blames Valverde for not randomly starting like Alena or Malcom in an important CL match when we have the full squad available. Nobody here does that. People talk about league matches against smaller sides, maybe CL group stage and substitutes, and that's really not something Valverde does perfectly.

Sané played over 2500 minutes this season, in the 2 biggest competitions it lookes like this:

PL: 27 games (started 20)
CL: 8 games (started 4)

Thats just fine when it comes to minute management if you ask me. The only thing that sucks for Sané is not necessarily being first choice for all important games, but i mean someone has to take the bullet with the Fifa like squad City build. If he wants to leave now because he feels he should be first choice that pretty much can't be avoided. Pep can't start him in the most important game of the season just to make him happy and nobody would expect the same from Valverde.

Now let's take a look at Malcom because thats what Valverde gets the most shit for:

772 Minutes played
La Liga: 12 games (started 3)
CL: 2 games (started 0)

More than 3x the minutes, 35 vs 14 games, 24 vs 3 starting.

Now obviously Sané is the far better player but since you love stats so much i thought you may like it.

And if it isn't about Malcom, who else? Arthur? Even you have to admit how good he is by now. Dembele? Well Sané isn't a 130M player and Pep didn't choose a formation that had lots of weaknesses in itself and kept it after his return that excluded the position of him. So again, not comparable. Besides that the other attackers of City are all still young themselves, not like here where selling Dembele would've meant to lose the only young and fast attacker we had at the time.

Edit: oh i see just a rant about Pep and Barca DNA in general :lol: Well in that case whatever, but it was a terrible starting point.

Last edited:

BBZ8800

tbh Retardo doesn't rhyme with any of Pep/Josep/Guardiola. That is why people call him fraudiola instead :evil:

People are still more cruel towards EV.
As always, Barca's DNA/nice play vs Ev's football.

I tried to think about Pep's nicknames for only 20 seconds and came with: Dumbiola, Idiotola, Choke'n'rolla etc.

It is quite simple.
If people want to offend someone (like me with Neyclown and similar), they will find rude nicknames quite soon.
But at the end of a day, Pep played nice, Pep played Barca's DNA.
He will need to do 200 shit things and lose in a CL 200 times in a row until core Barca's DNA fans will start to doubt in him, in his ideas and in his system.
With EV, even if he'll win a treble, we'll hear stupid alibies:
This is the worst Real/Atletico ever.
He was lucky with a CL draw, I mean, Lyon and Man Utd and Tottenham/Ajax in a final.
It was all about Messi and free kicks.

While, as I have said a few days ago, under Pep, all of our opponents had the best teams in their history, all of our opponents played with 14 players vs our 11 guys, we had the toughest draws EVER, refs were against us, volcanoes were against us, aliens were against us.

It is black and white.
If some is a Barca's DNA player/coach, everything is awesome and people have excuses for everyone.
For EV, Raki, Rabiot, you get the point, everything is wrong. Since they are not Barca's-light and beautiful Pep's DNA and that's it.

Last edited:

Sorin

Will have to agree with BBZ on the double standards. I mean, as the leading expert in using double standards, who better to spot this shit than BBZ? :lol:

Home of Barca Fans