Barca Transfers and Rumors

jairzinho

He’s had a Renaissance of sorts since he joined Valencia.
Doubt he will leave now to come off the bench.
Don’t think he’s the player we need tbh.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Are we linked with any LBs? I haven't heard anything.

Isn't it bit risky to rely on B players? We know Alba isn't a tank, he will surely miss/rested some games.

Wonder if E.V. is considering playing 3 at the back?

xXKonan

Are we linked with any LBs? I haven't heard anything.

Isn't it bit risky to rely on B players? We know Alba isn't a tank, he will surely miss/rested some games.

Wonder if E.V. is considering playing 3 at the back?
Catalan media say it's going to be Cucurella that will replace Digne and with Miranda coming through as well when he's ready.

The only LB we have Linked with was Ferland Mendy but he renewed his contract recently with Lyon. If things don't go to plan I assume Umtiti,Semedo,Roberto or even Lenglet will be out backup LB options.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Catalan media say it's going to be Cucurella that will replace Digne and with Miranda coming through as well when he's ready.

The only LB we have Linked with was Ferland Mendy but he renewed his contract recently with Lyon. If things don't go to plan I assume Umtiti,Semedo,Roberto or even Lenglet will be out backup LB options.

Yeah, I'm not sure what the plan is at the moment. There really aren't that many good LBs at the moment, hopefully the youngsters can shine whenever called upon.

xXKonan

If there's one Valencia Midfielder bar Carlos Soler I would take its easily Kondogbia.

Yeah he was shit in italy but he's still a good Midfielder especially going by last season.

serghei

Kondogbia would be awesome but it's not happening. Whenever I watch him he reminds me of Yaya Toure from Barcelona. Deceivingly good technique for his size and a legit monster physically. Add to that a great shot and you have quite a skilled workhorse.

I also think we lack a tank like that in midfield.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Kondogbia would be awesome but it's not happening. Whenever I watch him he reminds me of Yaya Toure from Barcelona. Deceivingly good technique for his size and a legit monster physically. Add to that a great shot and you have quite a skilled workhorse.

I also think we lack a tank like that in midfield.

He's the player we should have signed instead of Paulinho.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and that he struggled for Inter, but he was a beast for Sevilla and Monaco.

serghei

He's the player we should have signed instead of Paulinho.

I know hindsight is 20/20 and that he struggled for Inter, but he was a beast for Sevilla and Monaco.

For sure. He's 25 though. Maybe next season. Valencia owe us one after Gomes and Paco. We give them both back and add 15m. on top of it for Kondo.

FC433

I find Kondo to be a great player, but he does not suit our play. He is not good on the ball and his passes are average; however, he is strong, fast and it is quite challenging to dribble past him.

wisconsincule

I think all we need to be doing is looking for a Busi replacement. Whether that’s De Jong or Ndombele or whoever else thats a highly rated DM. I think we should spend on a highly rated prospect.. I’m torn what profile that mid should be though. It would be nice to have a workhorse, destroyer type that would allow the pairing of Coutinho and Arthur to be closer to goal. Who knows. Maybe we’ll have a midfield three of Coutinho - De Jong - Arthur in a couple years.

FCBfan22

I think all we need to be doing is looking for a Busi replacement. Whether that’s De Jong or Ndombele or whoever else thats a highly rated DM. I think we should spend on a highly rated prospect.. I’m torn what profile that mid should be though. It would be nice to have a workhorse, destroyer type that would allow the pairing of Coutinho and Arthur to be closer to goal. Who knows. Maybe we’ll have a midfield three of Coutinho - De Jong - Arthur in a couple years.

Why would we spend on a prospect, while we have one of the best ones already?

FCBfan22

Arthur and De Jong are both 21 years old (De Jong is 2 months older). I can understand why Abidal is trying to secure FDJ's signing. If both live up to their potential we'd be set in the midfield for the next decade

I do too. And we also have Oriol Busquets coming up. I would actually try to play Frenkie (if we get him) in LCM.

---Frenkie----Arthur---
----------Oriol----------

Home of Barca Fans