Barca Transfers and Rumors

Professor Chaos

Turan doesn't want to leave. So we're screwed. We won't force him to leave. It's not Barca style. Gomes should be sold as well. We made so many mistakes on transfer market in the last couple of years that we cannot afford anymore in the future.

Mathieu, Vermaelen thet won't leave either. They have huge salary in comparision to their skills so nobody wants them. Barca overpaying players for so many years.

Robert said if we had to spend €100M we will do it. That's not enough for 2 world class midfielders and right back.

We should give up on Verratti as well. It will be like "T. Silva blaugrana saga" with no success. Let's focus on Coutinho, Eriksen and some good right back but no Bellerin of course. Please, just no.

Barcilliant

90 million euros for Coutinho?!!!

Fuck me. Why not get Lemar and Bernardo Silva for that money?

I am yet to be convinced by Coutinho. He has some spectacular performances but goes missing against big teams.

JamDav1982

90 million euros for Coutinho?!!!

Fuck me. Why not get Lemar and Bernardo Silva for that money?

I am yet to be convinced by Coutinho. He has some spectacular performances but goes missing against big teams.

He doesnt go missing against the big teams and can remember the same thing being said about Suarez.

Coutinho is class and getting better.

Gaudi

Honestly I don't see what most see in Silva, I rate Coutinho much higher, but price is to steep. 60 mils on current market would be great.

Zincubus

Banned
img_dsalvador_20170508-232136_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_portada_9.jpg

"Replacement for Arda"

Says the club wants around 25 million for Arda and nothing less. and here's the candidates that could replace him Di Maria, Reus and Vitolo.

Wow !

Di Maria would be great for Messi's spot ( starting ) on the right and then move Messi into Xavi's role ..

JamDav1982

Di Maria is awful with Messi for Argentina and is not a Barca player whatsoever.

Messi cant play Xavi role he doesnt run enough to do it and he is needed in the final third anyway.

Zincubus

Banned
Honestly I don't see what most see in Silva, I rate Coutinho much higher, but price is to steep. 60 mils on current market would be great.

Omg

Coutinho , Messi plus Busqs middle three , Neymar / Saurez / Di Maria front three .. We wouldn't need to defend :)

Zincubus

Banned
Di Maria is awful with Messi for Argentina and is not a Barca player whatsoever.

Messi cant play Xavi role he doesnt run enough to do it and he is needed in the final third anyway.

You can't compare Barca with Argentina for a start and since when did you need to do a lot of running to do the Xavi job ? It just needs a special talent with a god given vision .

Also Messi can't remain up front all through his career , I feel it's time to move him into the quarterback role where he will possibly become the best midfielder ever as well for the last 6 years or so of his career .

Last edited:

JamDav1982

You can't compare Barca with Argentina for a start and since when did you need to do a lot of running to do the Xavi job ? It just needs a special talent with a god given vision .

Can compare the type of players for Argentina who look like could play well with Messi and fit into system and Di Maria is about as far from that as can get.

Xavi covered a lot of ground constantly following the ball to try and create numbers and open game up. Messi cant do that and would be wasted doing it anyway as need him nearer the goal.

Zincubus

Banned
Can compare the type of players for Argentina who look like could play well with Messi and fit into system and Di Maria is about as far from that as can get.

Xavi covered a lot of ground constantly following the ball to try and create numbers and open game up. Messi cant do that and would be wasted doing it anyway as need him nearer the goal.

So maybe Coutinho alongside Messi backed up by Busqs .
Get rid of Rakitic , Di Maria on the right side of attack

JamDav1982

For me the only two options are

1. Messi at AM with two more defensive minded players covering him and for that need a new RW where Coutinho could play or rotate with Messi.

2. Messi goes back to the RW and holds his position more and a new more atacking minded midfielder acts as the playmaker with more variation than trying to find Messi all the time. Messi gets the ball less but in better situations nearer the box.

I would rather the second one as think with Messi in centre the team defer to him too much and the passing is slowed down which Messi less active off the ball contributes to. Against good teams left needing an all time great Messi pass to break down ten opposition players. Too predictable.

Cant see anyway Messi in midfield as a CM works and certainly not with another attacking player like Coutinho.

gasgas

Wow !

Di Maria would be great for Messi's spot ( starting ) on the right and then move Messi into Xavi's role ..

So basically you want us to remove midfielders from our midfield and replace them with a winger and a forward so that basically we are playing with 6 forwards and one true midfielder?

Brilliant way to use our money for self-destruction

Omg

Coutinho , Messi plus Busqs middle three , Neymar / Saurez / Di Maria front three .. We wouldn't need to defend :)

Because we wouldn't even know where to start with trouble coming from every side :D

Also Messi can't remain up front all through his career , I feel it's time to move him into the quarterback role where he will possibly become the best midfielder ever as well for the last 6 years or so of his career .

Xavi used to cover plenty of kilometres per game, what are you talking about?

This will be very good for teams that want to stifle us
It's like gifting Madrid the UCL and La liga for the next 3/4 seasons
Well done Zincubus

springfield

Coutinho would be a nice replacement for Iniesta, Rakitic can still do the more defensive tasks like he did before. Veratti is less creative and would more be a replacement for Rakitic. Since Veratti + Coutinho is impossible because of the price i prefer Coutinho because Iniesta is getting old.

And for the team manager, you can remove anyone from the list who doesn't speak Spanish. I guess it will be Valverde, i hope it will not be Unzue. I would love to see Sampioli but he will probably coach the Argentina team.

gasgas

Coutinho would be a nice replacement for Iniesta, Rakitic can still do the more defensive tasks like he did before. Veratti is less creative and would more be a replacement for Rakitic. Since Veratti + Coutinho is impossible because of the price i prefer Coutinho because Iniesta is getting old.

And for the team manager, you can remove anyone from the list who doesn't speak Spanish. I guess it will be Valverde, i hope it will not be Unzue. I would love to see Sampioli but he will probably coach the Argentina team.

Personally the only way i think Coutinho could work here is if we partner Busquets with a tough tackling DM/ B2B beside him because the defensive stress will be even bigger. We should also be prepared for less possession and more counterattacks. MSN, and Coutinho are all players who try something. Players who don't keep possession that much.
So even our play will change. It will be get the ball, charge forward with pace, dribbles and runs, lose the ball, retreat to defensive shape Repeat.

I was under the impression Barca fans want us to control the midfield and possession but it seems everybody here loves a fast paced counterattack with midfielders who like running more than passing.

Home of Barca Fans