Barca Transfers and Rumors

M

MessiCam

Who advocating to pay 50 Million for Arthur?

In any event... He is a deep lying playmaker. What does Verratti’s goal and assists tally look like? 2 goals and 3 assists in some 20 matches... Only 1 season with more than 5 assists.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

people here want to pay 50m for arthur... who the f*ck is arthur to worth 50m? in 39 matches he had 1 goal and 1 assist in brazil. i mean 1 year ago 100m for pogba was to much but 50m for a nonamer from brazil is ok? he is like douglas atm, nothing less nothing more. he can be better in future but now you can compare him to douglas (and pay 50m l0l).

btw kovacic had a 50m clause aswell...

Kovacic is shite.

Wouldn pay 50m for him. Rather pay it for someone good enough.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
people here want to pay 50m for arthur... who the f*ck is arthur to worth 50m? in 39 matches he had 1 goal and 1 assist in brazil. i mean 1 year ago 100m for pogba was to much but 50m for a nonamer from brazil is ok? he is like douglas atm, nothing less nothing more. he can be better in future but now you can compare him to douglas (and pay 50m l0l).

btw kovacic had a 50m clause aswell...

There are like two people suggesting we should pay his buyout while the rest want the fee to be negotiated down.

And no, you are absolutely clueless if you think he's comparable to Douglas. He's comparable to Gabriel Jesus more than any player. Do you think City's flopped by signing Gabriel Jesus for 35m?

What I agree with is that Barca should not sign Arthur unless Coutinho comes in first. He's the absolute priority. After that, we could try signing him for something like 25-30m.

I love how people here whine like kids when we miss out on certain players and start bitching for years about the board and why they didn't sign a promising player that costs 5x later, and when we're rumored to be wanting a player like that, people are still whining!

Last edited:

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
We keep signing average squad players which is what La Masia should be for if it's fit for purpose (Digne, Paco, Marlon, Denis Suarez, Vidal). Even then the likes of Rafinha and Deulofeu aren't good enough either.

All La Masia has really produced for several years now is Sergi Roberto. Although Grimaldo and Bellerin at full back would be good back up.
I do not want Hector Bellerin anywhere near this club. He's garbage.

Ronaldinho10

I see great potential in Arthur would love to see him in our ranks could evenn combine straight away this season IMO.De ligt would be nice but probably will happen in the summer upamacenko or yerry mina in January is more likely. And Arnaiz should beyond doubt be promoted to the 1st team from barca B could cover for suarez/dembele when needed and much better then dealofeu option.. If Coutinho falls through again (probably will) we should at least make sure we have Arthur.

Last edited:

Nothanks

since when is goals the standarad for a play making midfield?
i guess paulinho is and will always be better than xavi.

xXKonan

Goals are fine from the Midfield but what we really need are Midfielders who know how to create and pass.

Right now other than Iniesta and Busi we don't have anyone else that can do the job in the middle.

Nothanks

are you suggesting arthur doesn't do that?

I'm not going to act like i watch him play, but my friends who are supporters of Brazil tell me he is just that a controlling midfielder something we haven't had since thiago/xavi left...
and they have reiterated that of course he isn't as good as them (although has potential to be) its a unique role that suits us

JamDav1982

Not seen a single minute of him live dont think.

Those compilation videos dont look all that impressive. Doesnt look that smooth or in complete control enough.

Could be being too harsh on the lad.

xXKonan

are you suggesting arthur doesn't do that?

I'm not going to act like i watch him play, but my friends who are supporters of Brazil tell me he is just that a controlling midfielder something we haven't had since thiago/xavi left...
and they have reiterated that of course he isn't as good as them (although has potential to be) its a unique role that suits us
Actually I was agreeing with you. there's a good chance Arthur if the videos and what people who watched him extensively said is true then he would fit us like a glove and a profile we have lacked since Xavi.

Ronaldinho10

Actually I was agreeing with you. there's a good chance Arthur if the videos and what people who watched him extensively said is true then he would fit us like a glove and a profile we have lacked since Xavi.

I never usually get that excited from scouting videos but this Arthur could well be a long term replacement for xavi position and dominate our midfield I would take a chance on him. Also the fact that he is still relatively "cheap" should help us decide.

Zincubus

Banned
I saw a few reports a few days ago saying that he'd OFFERED Arthur a deal but he didn't sign up .

That suggests that we are definitely interests in him ..

Home of Barca Fans