Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

i respect you opinion, but i disagree...
with the same midfielders we dominated and won CL 2015 with great possession and control of the ball in the middle.

We didn't dominate the midfield, we dominated the final third with MSN
Even our possession stats were not that impressive. We lost the possession battle to many top teams that season including Bayern, PSG and even in the away game vs Atletico, we managed to have less possession than Atletico in the first half, before they got reduced to 10 then 9 men

Giginho75

We didn't dominate the midfield, we dominated the final third with MSN
Even our possession stats were not that impressive. We lost the possession battle to many top teams that season including Bayern, PSG and even in the away game vs Atletico, we managed to have less possession than Atletico in the first half, before they got reduced to 10 then 9 men

sorry, but from february 2015 to the end of season we played a great football and for this we needed of the play of our midfielders...

previously you said we haven't players with control of the play and ball...
this is not absolutely true...
the problem is iniesta is older and rakitic is not the same of the first season, then we have to change and to find a player younger than don andres, clearly with great ability with the control of the ball (verratti) in barca-style...

gregorrin10

Verratti and Semedo this summer, then Eriksen (for me the perfect Iniesta replacement, and a much better choice than Coutinho) and Dembele the next...man we would be unstoppable. Pipe dream most likely, at least under this Board. But if we somehow manage to snatch Verratti, it's a good start. It's now or never really.

fergus90

I distinctly remember Xavi having an incredible game against PSG in CL knockouts, made more passes in the 35 minutes than any other PSG player. But our possession football only really existed when he was on the field. MSN destroyed teams that year, but we also had the luxury of implementing possesion football when he was brought on and teams were tiring.
Verratti would be perfect for that kind of midfield control again.

gasgas

sorry, but from february 2015 to the end of season we played a great football and for this we needed of the play of our midfielders...

previously you said we haven't players with control of the play and ball...
this is not absolutely true...
the problem is iniesta is older and rakitic is not the same of the first season, then we have to change and to find a player younger than don andres, clearly with great ability with the control of the ball (verratti) in barca-style...

Playing great football doesn't equate dominating possession. Ofcourse we didn't drop to 40% possession every game but our possession stats dropped significantly, and our counterattacking game improved a lot.

MSN took the responsibility of scoring the goals and assisting, while the midfield's job was to lay the ball at MSN feet. They performed more defensive work and Rakitic provided an extra man in the box. It was an MSN dominated system with midfield as a SUPPORTING ACT

We had control but not thekind of control one would expect from Barca. We were willing to defend deeper, counterattack, the midfield hardly dominated the game.
Those two are part of the problem another is that teams have taken notice of the fact that we are MSN + co, so now they stifle MSN and the restis easier. i.e WE HAVE BEEN FIGURED OUT

gasgas

Verratti and Semedo this summer, then Eriksen (for me the perfect Iniesta replacement, and a much better choice than Coutinho) and Dembele the next...man we would be unstoppable. Pipe dream most likely, at least under this Board. But if we somehow manage to snatch Verratti, it's a good start. It's now or never really.

I would get Dembele before and attacking Midfielder

xXKonan

[tw]880551884708360192[/tw]

While he's a signing for the B team apparently Valverde requested him and would play in the main team if needed.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Valverde didn't think he was good enough for Athletic considering he kept getting loaned out, but want him at Barca?

As long as he doesn't cost a fortune I guess it's okay.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Dembele before an attacking mid fielder please...... No body got the guts to stick Leo to the right wing. At least make sure he would not leave the right flank all alone!!

xXKonan

Valverde didn't think he was good enough for Athletic considering he kept getting loaned out, but want him at Barca?

As long as he doesn't cost a fortune I guess it's okay.
He would probably come for free or a really low fee.

He made his debut under Bielsa as well.

xXKonan

img_rbravo_20170630-011048_imagenes_md_otras_fuentes_no_archivables_md30.jpg

Says the club wants Jorge Mere, who Sporting reduced his clause to 15 million euros.

Home of Barca Fans