Barca Transfers and Rumors

gasgas

Cancelo :lol:

This is what you'd expect from a management that says they only have problems with Vidal's attacking contribution and they are fine with his defensive

This is the defensive quality we are okay with.
You can defend like Vidal, but if you attack well you're on :facepalm:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Cancelo :lol:

This is what you'd expect from a management that says they only have problems with Vidal's attacking contribution and they are fine with his defensive

This is the defensive quality we are okay with.
You can defend like Vidal, but if you attack well you're on :facepalm:

Exactly, I felt we didn't learn anything from our lesson with regard to Vidal. Unless our management sees something in Cancelo that they did not see in Vidal? That they believe Cancelo has some defensive potential?

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, Cancelo's attacking and movement forward is probably 5x better than Vidal's. So there's that too.

gasgas

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION]
Problem is he will play RB and there he will have to defend against likes of Marcelo, Carrasco, Hazard, Nolito etc

And with Messi's defensive workrate which is a bit meh and with his tendency to shift centrally the RB needs to be excellent defensively

Raketa10

I agree with you that Cancelo isn't best in defending role but honestly are Alba and Alves that good at defending? I wouldn't say so and we won everything with them.

Our full-backs were always more wingers than full-backs and Cancelo is for sure better at defending than Vidal not to mention that he is much better in attack. He is playing RB position from the beginning of his career while Vidal was always RW except for that half of a season in Sevilla. Our type of play needs full-backs who can attack, it was always like that and there are only a few full backs in the world who are that good both in attack and defense. I say we go for Cancelo and try to improve his defending skills. He is still young, with great potential and he will for sure improve.

khaled_a_d

I agree with you that Cancelo isn't best in defending role but honestly are Alba and Alves that good at defending?

Yes,Alba & Alves were above average defenders to say at least.
You are way underrating them if you think they were bad defenders.
And Cancelo will make Alba look like Maldini with his defense.

I say we go for Cancelo and try to improve his defending skills. He is still young, with great potential and he will for sure improve.

Cancelo has unlimited potential on the defensive end,he is relatively tall and strong with insane speed and can get you some good defensive plays from time to time
The thing is same could have been said about Vidal for example and he didn't fit in
And Cancelo defensive problem isn't his lack of abilities but his lack of willingness to be defend at many times and he has limited awareness too. Those two is very alarming IMO.
May be if he shows signs of fixing those problem we could go after him.

xXKonan

According to Francesc Aguilar, Braida is going to Milan to meet with Beppe Marotta, the managing director of Juventus to talk about the issues in regards to Dybala,Stephen Lichsteiner and Pol Lirola.

He also will be there to possibly find a club for Vidal as well.

Co0ter

Dan Alves defending was underrated for someone who was so amazing at attacking. He was just very bad in the air.

BarçaBarça

Instead of Coutinho who we don't need, we should go after Mahmoud Dahoud from Gladbach, in my opinion a true CM, someone who reminds me of Kroos a lot.

He is linked to Liverpool, City and BVB.

He seems a very good prospect, but is he good enough for the biggest stage already?
I've heard about Max Meyer as well - do you know if he is any good?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He seems a very good prospect, but is he good enough for the biggest stage already?
I've heard about Max Meyer as well - do you know if he is any good?

Meyer has been considered one of the biggest young German talent out there for a while, I like him but I don't think he is currently good enough for us and plus he is mostly an AM (can play the wings too), which we have plenty of already.

xXKonan

CxV33uTWQAAXGnw.jpg

Veteran in the winter and Cancelo in the summer.

Home of Barca Fans