Barca to re-consider Qatar deal

L

linetty

I don't hold anything against Qatar Airways (it'd be better if they had a cooler logo/font though... :cool:) but Beko is completely useless. How much do we get from it btw because this Beko thing really messes the shirt up (at least it doesn't appear on CL kits).

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
The club need a shirt sponsorship to stay competitive financially and the socios voted on it years ago.
I cant imagine anyone running tobe president of the club and proposing no shirt sponsorship would have even the smallest chance of winning.

The club already have numerous sponsorships but they dont compare anywhere close to the shirt deal which by last study said should be around 40-50m euros a season.

Really? When?

I was under the impression that we put Unicef on the shirt and that was used to phase in an actual sponsor.

Kohe321

The Beko thing amazes me as well. How is it that one of the worlds biggest clubs can't get anything more upscale or "cool" as their SHIRT sponsor, than Beko which honestly sounds like some industrial glue manufacturer or something (what do they make anyway?).

I want Barca to have cool sponsors. :pique:

pacp_96

The Beko thing amazes me as well. How is it that one of the worlds biggest clubs can't get anything more upscale or "cool" as their SHIRT sponsor, than Beko which honestly sounds like some industrial glue manufacturer or something (what do they make anyway?).

I believe they are a home appliance brand. Fridges, freezers that sort of thing.

Kohe321

I believe they are a home appliance brand. Fridges, freezers that sort of thing.

Well great. :lol:

Lionel Messi running around with the logo of a fridge and freezer manufacturer on his arm. Surely we can do better... :pep:

Aren't we also sponsored by some Brazilian skincare product for like 0,5m a year? We need to reduce the amount of sponsors we have and get more quality. Quality over quantity.

Mhm. Audi as the main sponsor would be just fine. :cool:

Certainly would be many times better than Beko :lol:

Last edited:

pacp_96

Well great. :lol:

Lionel Messi running around with the logo of a fridge and freezer manufacturer on his arm. Surely we can do better... :pep:

They have a very diverse product range though. They also do washing machines and tumble driers. :pep:

raki

I want rich sponsors.

Beko pays 10M a year for a sleeve. Sounds great to me. Intel pays 5M for the logo inside the shirt. lol. Another fine business.

2 major challenges: the new shirt sponsor for 65/70M euros/year would be good. And the new deal with Nike or Adidas. Another major boost in the budget.

Fans want the Pogba´s and other players with just Unicef? It´s a new world out there.

At the moment i think it´s something like this:

Beko €10M ($13.7M).
Qatar Airways €32M ($44M)
Nike €30M ($41M),
Intel €5M ($7M)

Total: 75/77 million euros / YEAR.

With the 2 new deals reaching 150M is, to me, mandatory.

Kohe321

I want rich sponsors.

Beko pays 10M a year for a sleeve. Sounds great to me. Intel pays 5M for the logo inside the shirt. lol. Another fine business.

2 major challenges: the new shirt sponsor for 65/70M euros/year would be good. And the new deal with Nike or Adidas. Another major boost in the budget.

Fans want the Pogba´s and other players with just Unicef? It´s a new world out there.

At the moment i think it´s something like this:

Beko €10M ($13.7M).
Qatar Airways €32M ($44M)
Nike €30M ($41M),
Intel €5M ($7M)

Total: 75/77 million euros / YEAR.

With the 2 new deals reaching 150M is, to me, mandatory.

Getting a cool sponsor and getting a rich sponsor is not mutually exclusive. I also want the Pogbas and the Reuses of the world you see, but there are other and better ways to get the money for that than how we're currently doing it. We're not utlizing the strength of our brand nearly well enough IMO.

Furthermore, Beko is plastered all over the place in Camp Nou and the training ground, so they are getting a LOT of attention to their brand for 10m a year...

I wouldn't want to cancel our deal with Intel, that one is quite brilliant.

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
I'd love to see Estrella (support local business & all) or Audi on the sleeve, would like way cooler.

As for the shirt sponsor, yeah something obviously to compete but if the awful Qatar Airways font & logo could be changed that'd be great or a new sponsor would be much more welcomed. Camp Nou looks stupid with QA & a goat on it. Hope the New Espai Barça doesn't have any tat all over it, hope it's as close as the concepts look as it'll look incredible. Just imagine it lit up at night in the blaugrana!

Lol I won't give up on this, you guys can rationalize/justify/jizz over the need for a shirt sponsor all you want, the idea that it is absolutely necessary is utter bullshit. Pardon the language.
And for those who don't know, I'm not exactly a tree hugging hippie

Last edited:

Bucky

Penya Member
I'm all for the shirt sponsor being removed but if the decision is in favour by those allowed to vote & purely for revenue to compete in modern day football, perhaps that's the way forward?

Heck, if that sponsor could pay that kind of money to have the brand labelled else where other than the shirt & be happy that'd be obviously the best thing ever. Everyone would be happy then - revenue in & shirt tradition maintained.

Home of Barca Fans