Barca to re-consider Qatar deal

footyfan

Calma, calma
The kit this year(except the 3rd kit) is beautiful. The only problem is Qatar Airways and not because it ruins the shirt, but because of the Qatar association.

Do you mean the green one? I think it's magnificent, would look even better with black shorts. Best in a long while, that's for sure. Wish it were the away kit.

Kerrybai

We can probably agree to disagree, however I have one question, what do you think about this season's home and away kit?

It's decent, it would be nicer without the sponsorship though, I won't argue with that. However a nicer looking shirt really means very little for the club.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Do you mean the green one? I think it's magnificent, would look even better with black shorts. Best in a long while, that's for sure. Wish it were the away kit.

I only dislike the fluorescent yellow one because Nike made a template and just changed the colors for a lot of clubs.

Icarium

Lifestealer
I heard a rumour last season that nike wants out of football and concentrate on other sports. It looks like just the case, they don't care anymore.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
We Love Barça
‏@Weloba_en

Barça offered Pope Francis to sponsor non-football teams' jersey (via @jordiborda) #fcblive

B9ZD4hHCUAA_XHy.jpg

Altomonte

As to Asian market, how about approaching ALI BABA? It's the most successful Chinese brand, with global ambitions. It could be a win-win for both parties: Ali Baba could help sell Barca outfits in China, and Barca could help Ali Baba with global brand recognition.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. Quite an apt name if this board closed a sponsorship deal with them.

Altomonte

Ali Baba and the 40 thieves. Quite an apt name if this board closed a sponsorship deal with them.

Barca has dipped toe into China with a 2-year SUNING deal (Electronics Retail Chain). A deal with Alibaba would be a much bigger step. Alibaba is a China based global brand with a NASDAQ market capitalization of > $200B. The founder and CEO Jack Ma may be willing to listen to such an idea.

Kerrybai

Barca has dipped toe into China with a 2-year SUNING deal (Electronics Retail Chain). A deal with Alibaba would be a much bigger step. Alibaba is a China based global brand with a NASDAQ market capitalization of > $200B. The founder and CEO Jack Ma may be willing to listen to such an idea.

Why keep mentioning Alibaba? If they want to give us more than Qatar then they will come to us, if not then let them be.

Why not harp on about another multi billion dollar company?

Howes

27 Jan: Barcelona float the prospect of removing Qatar as sponsors due to reputational brand damage from “social and political issues”. 5 Feb: Qatar float the prospect of a new more lucrative deal. Barça vice-president Javier Faus: “We have zero, zero, zero problems with Qatar.”

Classy :)

Home of Barca Fans