Barca Squad and Planning 2022/23

serghei

Yea neto wants the last season of his bartomeu contract paid.

Bartomeu has set up so many players & thier grand kids for life, he should be all those kids uncle

Uncle bartomeu.

No shit. So many players have Bartomeu as their hero.

Porque

The longer he drags it out, the more chance of him maintaining his wage with us paying a %.

His agent will know this.

Not a bad keeper, just another victim from the book of Crazy Barto's really Bad Barter.

Total-Football

Bartemou negotiations:

Bartemou : what are ur demands?
Agent of a X player : we want 7 M before taxes
Bartemo: No. U need 9 M Net
Agent : we have a deal boss

gregorrin10

It will take a crane to offload all these players that are tooth and nail stuck here...

Umtiti, Neto, Braith, Memphis, Riqi, Pjanic, Mingueza...

Kinda unfair to put Memphis there , since he wasn't neither a Bartomeu signing, nor was he ever on a long contract. We'll manage to sell him somewhere for 15-20M for sure. I do believe we'll manage to offload Mingueza and Riqui too, at least on loan if not a straight up sale. Pjanic most likely too, although he will be more tricky. The real problems are Umtiti, Neto and Braith. With them, I do believe we'll have bite the bullet and terminate them if we'll want to get them off the books.

Last edited:

JerseyAddict

Kinda unfair to put Memphis there , since he wasn't neither a Bartomeu signing, nor was he ever on a long contract. We'll manage to sell him somewhere for 15-20M for sure. I do believe we'll manage to offload Mingueza and Riqui too, at least on loan if not a straight up sale. Pjanic most likely too, although he will be more tricky. The real problems are Umtiti, Neto and Braith. With them, I do believe we'll have bite the bullet and terminate them if we'll want to get them off the books.

Ok for Memphis. He was even very good before the injury.
The thing is he is not needed and needed to be offloaded.

In reality Laporta will probably even have to terminate some contracts to lower the wage bill for some extent. If that even works...

feggydinho

Ok for Memphis. He was even very good before the injury.
The thing is he is not needed and needed to be offloaded.

In reality Laporta will probably even have to terminate some contracts to lower the wage bill for some extent. If that even works...

Terminating a contract isn't that easy, except you're ready to pay the full value of the remaining contract to the player. So it's the same thing

ajnotkeith

Memphis lowered his wage twice to come here and agreed to a short term deal.

We asked of him a low wage at the start and then 2 weeks after he signed we asked him to reduce it again significantly. Said yes both times. And like I said he agreed to a short deal too. He did a lot to come here and helped the club.

He deserves to be able to see out his next year here should he wish, and even a renewal if he carries on contributing.

feggydinho

Memphis lowered his wage twice to come here and agreed to a short term deal.

We asked of him a low wage at the start and then 2 weeks after he signed we asked him to reduce it again significantly. Said yes both times. And like I said he agreed to a short deal too. He did a lot to come here and helped the club.

He deserves to be able to see out his next year here should he wish, and even a renewal if he carries on contributing.

Well, that's not how reality works. But yeah, He did make many sacrifices for the club.

El Gato

Villarato!
So

Not to pose this as a right or wrong take but how many folk agree with the below?
I would take Jesus for 20/25m if that means it allowed a budget to improve remainder of team and he was on acceptable salary.

Would rather that than pay 40m for 34 year old Lewandowski on huge wages.

I appreciate the dopamine of last few days is a bit necessary for most Culers and overwhelming after some 7 years of useless transfers, but is this still not a legitimate discussion point?

Porque

Then let's talk about what's better, 52m for Jesus or 20/25m for Lewa.

Reality is the fee's that were brokered, so no point discussing a hypothetical scenario with different values anymore.

Same way some folks preferred Koulibaly to Kounde until they saw the numbers Koulibaly went for.

El Gato

Villarato!
My point isn't in discussing hypothetical prices. Rather - do you agree with the valuation? If not, we surely got a case to consider.

snowy

well, valuation is tricky as it involves multi-factors such as playstyle & outliers (ie. shirt n ticket sales, sponsors, roid connection, etc.) but if narrowing it down strictly to goal for mullah, this cat Aubameow is da Tiki Cat Tiki Taka pound 4 pound Top Dog, with his conversion rate of 34% and shot accuracy of 64%

Next to him is Big Viking at 32 & 54. Others like Mbapp, Benz and Jesus are more involved in the build-up n foreplay though, if that's what you're looking for.

Woudn't be surprised if PEA outscores the Bavarian slayer per 90 but let's see if Xavi gives them equal min or maybe even experiments with the 2 strikers up front in some games just for the heck of it hehe

If looking at best valuation for defense, for the price of Kunde, you could sign both Fofana & Maxence Lacroix. These two are beasts and they are FAST! They'll bully any out of the pitch :rambo:
Passing is not their forte so you'll have to pair them up with Araujo or one of our country club Barca DNA CBs for the build-ups from the back.

Home of Barca Fans