Barca draws Atletico de Madrid in CL quarters!

amazingoopah

Man, Unclo Flo must have paid for some awesome hookers :lol:

Anyways, I think we can beat Atletico over two legs. They can't expect to do what they did against PSV. I'm more worried about a 'win the battle but lose the war' scenario where they start hacking at MSN and leave us at a disadvantage for the semis.

Mitchell1978

Not sure if Bayern would have been worse, with their high line and Benatia and Kimich at the back we might had the same fun as last year. Atletico, on the other hand, will park the bus and if they manage not to get themselves sent off, they are very capable of grinding out 1-1 draw Camp Nou and then 0-0 draw at Calderon.

Offensively Bayern has a lot more weapons to hurt us, a lot more then Atletico

And Barça not only has a 6 game winning streak against Atletico, under Simeone they have only beaten Barca once (although that was in the CL). It won't be easy but we should be optimistic nonetheless.

Last edited:

Catalan Fan

The schedule is what it is, we knew it was going to be intense but it's nothing new.

It's not the worst draw in the world either, I'd be fairly confident we'd go through over the two legs.We seem to have the edge over them now, not to mention Messi loves to score against them.

We also have a stronger squad this yr, which has helped a lot with rotations.

Worst case scenario ? Fucking PENALTIES !!! :nervous:

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
PSG are overrated imo.

Maybe, but I still give them a 60% chance to win over city. They've played well in CL the last 3 seasons and they are getting more experienced. I still don't think they would have a chance against us and Bayern, they would have a hard time against RM and Atletico - but City plays like sh*t and PSG are better in every position and actually play like a team.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Anyway, tough draw for us - RM + Bayern get fu***ing 'easy' teams'. I just hope we come out of the draw with all our players intact, they know that one of their biggest chances is to unsettle us - kick us around - slow the game down etc. And sweet holy macaroni will they park the bus if they score before we do, MSN will have to work very hard.

SeloBarca

At this stage of the comp they won't all be easy.

Problem with this tie is the physical standpoint.

I would rather play RM, City or PSG then AM. RM is really poor and AM is stronger defensivly then City and PSG, which we usually struggle against.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
I would rather play RM, City or PSG then AM. RM is really poor and AM is stronger defensivly then City and PSG, which we usually struggle against.

Not sure about PSG, they look stronger this season - also more experienced.

SeloBarca

Not sure about PSG, they look stronger this season - also more experienced.

PSG is probably stronger offensivly, although we have had no problem locking down Zlatan the games weve played so far. Lucas is the real threat with his speed.
AM as a team put in a better effort and has more heart.

beogatts

seems like a paid draw or barca is just unlucky to go easy in UCL QF. nvm, we did it last doesnt meant we cant do it again this yer. :barcascarf:

Home of Barca Fans