Ballon d'Or : Messi or Iniesta?

Ballon d'Or : Messi or Iniesta?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
If it wasn't for Pirlo Italy would be awful.

The main reason they sucked in WC2010 was because he was injured, only coming on in the last match as a sub & they played much better.

He has carried it on this season, he's still putting through ball after ball & i still regard him as the best midfielder right about now even if he has a poorish game he still creates multiple chances, no question he was the best in his position last year. :xavi: is obviously better but hasn't been reaching his enormous standards of late.

F

Flavia

Not as consistent or up to his standards, but good nonetheless. I hope he'll at least be in top-5 when they announce in January.
I saw in some sites Xavi will be 4th, and Falcao 5th. That's not official, though.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
It's arguable the best defender of all times, Mario Yepes.

He doesn't need the balon D'or for recognition

Last edited:

footyfan

Calma, calma
no he doesn't,pirlo played well in EC but he was nowhere near iniesta

If Italy had won that final, everyone would be saying Iniesta was nowhere near Pirlo, not the other way around. That's how close it was.

I think they had the same number of MOM awards. And that includes the MOM award that Iniesta got for the final (which I really thought Xavi should've got).

Pirlo of last year was better than Xavi of last year. Xavi is definitely the greater player overall, but that wasn't the case last year. So, yeah Pirlo was the best in his position.

I agree with what you said. However, I don't think they even play in the same position. Xavi is unique, no one plays his position ;)

Last edited:

UberNjufer

If Italy had won that final, everyone would be saying Iniesta was nowhere near Pirlo, not the other way around. That's how close it was.

I think they had the same number of MOM awards. And that includes the MOM award that Iniesta got for the final (which I really thought Xavi should've got).

I agree with what you said. However, I don't think they even play in the same position. Xavi is unique, no one plays his position ;)
Key word is IF,but still in my opinion his performance was below iniestas.

X

xaviniesta

well, i'm deeply offended now. especially considering i am the 'i know about everything' guy here.

X

xaviniesta

If it wasn't for Pirlo Italy would be awful.

The main reason they sucked in WC2010 was because he was injured, only coming on in the last match as a sub & they played much better.

He has carried it on this season, he's still putting through ball after ball & i still regard him as the best midfielder right about now even if he has a poorish game he still creates multiple chances, no question he was the best in his position last year. :xavi: is obviously better but hasn't been reaching his enormous standards of late.
well, i think since the copa final he has beem superb. he was below his standards before it though.

Home of Barca Fans