Ballon d'Or 2014

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Those hoping Neuer to win are basically admitting that Messi shouldn't/will not win.

Let's be honest. Penaldo will take this by quite a margin this year, even compared to Messi. Neuer has the goalkeeper-darkhorse bonus (which will most likely still not be enough to be better than third though).

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
I think Ronaldo will win it, I hope Messi wins it, I woudn't mind if Neuer won it. But knowing the coaches and captains of national teams the world over, CR is almost guaranteed to win it

Doobs

The Messiah
That's besides the point too. Playing wise what is Ronaldo doing that's out of the ordinary? Or Messi right now?

Are you being serious? Messi and Ronaldo are breaking all time goalscoring records, that's ordinary? We're talking about dudes that score 60 goals a season.

nnao

Are you being serious? Messi and Ronaldo are breaking all time goalscoring records, that's ordinary? We're talking about dudes that score 60 goals a season.
You're critisizing his play style for being ordinary though and saying that his high level of playing doesn't matter. Scoring lots of goals isn't a style, it goes high level of playing, which can be attributed to all 3.

Doobs

The Messiah
You're critisizing his play style for being ordinary though and saying that his high level of playing doesn't matter. Scoring lots of goals isn't a style, it goes high level of playing, which can be attributed to all 3.

Yes, except a goalkeeper's role isn't as influential or intensive :D

High level forward > High level goalkeeper any day of the week. Nothing against Neuer btw. Super player, just not piping Messi or Cristina :D

Zebulun

Yes, except a goalkeeper's role isn't as influential or intensive :D

High level forward > High level goalkeeper any day of the week. Nothing against Neuer btw. Super player, just not piping Messi or Cristina :D

Cant agree with you on this one. a goalkeeper is still extremely influential in a game. Glamorous.. no never was and never will be. imagine messi scoring 5 goals and our goalie giving up 8? we'd still lose the match. A striker can miss chances and all people will say is yea He's in that dry spell all strikers go through, but if a keeper gives up goals. you're worse than scum. Remember the heart attacks we got when pinto was in goal? Pinto cost us two CDR finals, just remember that and you'll know how important they are.

R

Ryu Hayabusa

Yeah, that's a bit difficult to do for a goalkeeper now, is it??

DrPepper

Neuer won't win it. Even Ribery who many thought had a realistic chance of winning the Balon D'or ended up at 3rd place, behind Ronaldo AND Messi. From a personal perspective a good decision though, because it's hilarious hearing Ribery whine about it even now.

Those hoping Neuer to win are basically admitting that Messi shouldn't/will not win.

Because it's hard to justify Messi being better than Ronaldo this year. Neuer is a goalkeeper so it's harder to compare a GK with a forward rather than compare two forwards.

If I had the chance to vote, it'd be Neuer and Simeone. But it's surely going to be Ronaldo and Ancelotti.

hamad138

Banned
Neuer won't win it. Even Ribery who many thought had a realistic chance of winning the Balon D'or ended up at 3rd place, behind Ronaldo AND Messi. From a personal perspective a good decision though, because it's hilarious hearing Ribery whine about it even now.

Because it's hard to justify Messi being better than Ronaldo this year. Neuer is a goalkeeper so it's harder to compare a GK with a forward rather than compare two forwards.

If I had the chance to vote, it'd be Neuer and Simeone. But it's surely going to be Ronaldo and Ancelotti.

Ribery was better than ronaldo on 2013, that is for sure. But Sponsor and blatter prefered Ronaldo, he shouldnt whine ,Ballon dor is fake.

Imo Neuer has a higher chance of finishing 2nd than Ribéry did (or than messi does)
Let's not forget who actually votes. Neuer will channel the hipster votes, the (deserved) german hype vote, etc.

Morten

Tbh i dont understand the fuss about Neuer this year, yes he has been briliant and won much. But why was there never any talk about Buffon and Casillas, Casillas was absolutely vital in 2010

Home of Barca Fans