Aymeric Laporte

ceefoo

It's natural that he is going to make positional errors and mistakes at only 20, playing his first (almost) full season he's naturally not going to be the finished article.

As long as he doesn't turn out to be another Chygrynskiy I really don't have a problem with us paying over the odds for him. Given his age, it could turn out to be a wise investment that sees us covered for the next 10+ years.

Every outside signing is a gamble to some extent. But this kid does have experience in the BBVA and is showing great potential. I admit it would be a leap of faith from the club after so few games to judge him on but we ARE pretty desperate and we don't have a lot of other realistic options right now.

L

Learo

It's natural that he is going to make positional errors and mistakes at only 20, playing his first (almost) full season he's naturally not going to be the finished article.

As long as he doesn't turn out to be another Chygrynskiy I really don't have a problem with us paying over the odds for him. Given his age, it could turn out to be a wise investment that sees us covered for the next 10+ years.

Every outside signing is a gamble to some extent. But this kid does have experience in the BBVA and is showing great potential. I admit it would be a leap of faith from the club after so few games to judge him on but we ARE pretty desperate and we don't have a lot of other realistic options right now.

Caceres also had La Liga experience...

At least the club realize that they cant only look for players in the Chelsea and Arsenal squads. If we buy this kid, we also need to buy a player around 25 years old for safety reasons. Especially if the ban kicks in. And Bartra really should be our RB.

L

Learo

At least the club realize that they cant only look for players in the Chelsea and Arsenal squads. If we buy this kid, we also need to buy a player around 25 years old for safety reasons. Look in France, or maybe in Portugal or Eastern Europe, like sensible clubs do. Not just go for players at Arsenal or City. If the ban kicks in, we need another CB. And Bartra really should be our RB.

ceefoo

Caceres also had La Liga experience....
He's not doing bad for himself, currently playing at Juve. Some players just don't fit at certain clubs, doesn't make them bad players right?
If we buy this kid, we also need to buy a player around 25 years old for safety reasons. Especially if the ban kicks in. And Bartra really should be our RB.
Bartra at RB? Hmm, I have serious doubts. I know he does a semi-job there anyway, covering for Dani on the right side of defence, but Bartra is probably not fast enough to play RB Full-time, although I wouldn't call him slow.

So the POTENTIAL DEFENCE for 2014-15 could be:

Bartra
Pique
Laporte
+1 RB/CB (imo he should be a versatility player. A right-footed Abi)

Plus Fullbacks:
Alba
Adriano
Montoya

That's it! If we have an injury crisis then we call up our youth.

I don't include Mascherano as a defender and Dani Alves is to be sold.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
'Let's all remember that Tele Bilbao who are reporting Laporte's pre-deal are notorious for making "claims" out of nowhere.'

https://twitter.com/AthleticClub_EN

:alveshat:

That's not an official Athletic account. It's barcastuff-like.

I know, but interesting nevertheless ;)

This Tele Bilbao might not be a very credible source afterall.

Well that twitter account is also notorious for being ultra-defensive when it comes to rumors of players leaving :p

Honestly it's not a bad source. Using that source to confirm something as fact isn't going to work out well but the rumors they report have foundation and show the "smoke behind the fire" if that makes sense.

khaled_a_d

Marquez, Giuly, Edmilson? That was 10 year ago. Txiki did bad for many years, lets face it. And Guardiola was horrible. "Give me Chygrynskiy, no matter what the price!!" :D Then went on to sign Zlatan, Hleb, Caceres, Keirrison, Henrique and half a dozen other flops for hundreds of millions of euros. In fact for the last 6-7 years, only Alves of players with non-La Masia background can be said to have been a successful signing, out of probably 25 signings. Its shocking.

First I am not argueing that Txiki is good sporting director (and I believe he is btw) ,but under him we had scouted players with more variety than now
Second ,6-7 years?his full last summer as sporting director was 5 years ago in 2009?!! Next summer will be our 5th with Zubi man

'Let's all remember that Tele Bilbao who are reporting Laporte's pre-deal are notorious for making "claims" out of nowhere.'

He could be right but that is an Athletic fan and he didn't give an example of what notorious claims they made
Anyway we learned year after year that few of those rumors are true

At least the club realize that they cant only look for players in the Chelsea and Arsenal squads. If we buy this kid, we also need to buy a player around 25 years old for safety reasons. Especially if the ban kicks in. And Bartra really should be our RB.

Caceras was bought too soon if you ask me ,he needed to develop more and with Marquez/Pique/Puyol there it wasn't gonna happen ,right now it isn't the same as we are desperate for a quality defender
after few seasons he is actually a good defender in a big club ,seems Henrique is also doing well with Napoli too

L

Learo

First I am not argueing that Txiki is good sporting director (and I believe he is btw) ,but under him we had scouted players with more variety than now
Second ,6-7 years?his full last summer as sporting director was 5 years ago in 2009?!! Next summer will be our 5th with Zubi man

He could be right but that is an Athletic fan and he didn't give an example of what notorious claims they made
Anyway we learned year after year that few of those rumors are true

Caceras was bought too soon if you ask me ,he needed to develop more and with Marquez/Pique/Puyol there it wasn't gonna happen ,right now it isn't the same as we are desperate for a quality defender
after few seasons he is actually a good defender in a big club ,seems Henrique is also doing well with Napoli too

Both Txiki and Zubi were flops as directors for us. Thats why I said last 6-7 years. Or maybe 8. Our bad transfers transcend personalities. It seems to be ingrained in the walls. Marquez was bought 10 years ago. But then, slowly everything went downhill. Keirrison was signed for 14m on a six-year contract in 2008 and hasnt played a single minute for us in 6 years, but we have paid his wages. Only the epic Chygrynskiy deal can compete with such a bad transfer. Its beyond criminal.

No one has answered my question yet. Out of probably 40 signings over the last 8 years, how many increased their value after signing for us (not counting former la masia players)? It is a shocking statistic. I can only think of Dani Alves. Out of 40 signings.

Last edited:

Ryan_Cule

barça amor d mi alma
You also started the TV3: Barca wants to sell Messi thread and stated if anyone knows the truth, it's TV3.

Yes, I did. Because Tv3 said it,no? And I can assure you that TV3 remains the most credible source in related to Barca. They didn't post that Messi-article just for publicity. They post out of two things - 1) Club tells them 100% authentic information. 2) Club asks them to write stuffs.(which was in this case.) Whatever they do, they do because they are the puppets of the board and holding most inside information. TV3 director is also personal friend of maximum board members.

That account holds nothing. :D

Xavinho

So I read Valverde has used Laporte at left back before. How did he do there? Could be a more defensive option if we don't want to use Alba in certain games

zanela

Acc. to Rafael, who is a fairly reliable Barca source. There's no agreement between Barca and Bilbao or the player. The Barca board hasn't moved since Tito's demise. I'm inclined to believe him.

Xavinho

Obviously, at just 19-years-old he has a lot of potential and room to improve, but some of the mistakes he makes in this video are a little worrying.

Andrew M

Both Txiki and Zubi were flops as directors for us. Thats why I said last 6-7 years. Or maybe 8. Our bad transfers transcend personalities. It seems to be ingrained in the walls. Marquez was bought 10 years ago. But then, slowly everything went downhill. Keirrison was signed for 14m on a six-year contract in 2008 and hasnt played a single minute for us in 6 years, but we have paid his wages. Only the epic Chygrynskiy deal can compete with such a bad transfer. Its beyond criminal.

No one has answered my question yet. Out of probably 40 signings over the last 8 years, how many increased their value after signing for us (not counting former la masia players)? It is a shocking statistic. I can only think of Dani Alves. Out of 40 signings.

Abidal
Toure
Keita
Maxwell
Villa
Adriano
Mascherano

All great signings.

Home of Barca Fans