Ashley Cole

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Cole is better than Alba no doubts about that in my eyes. However Alba hasn't yet reached his peak yet so he has potential to be world class in that position.

Please don't say Alba is suddenly world class! He is very very good and I am sure after 2-3 years in barca he will reach world class level. Cole imo has passed his peak and not at the level he once was. But I cannot think of many better left backs in the world today, if any really.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't want to kick low but I do think that not few English guys are downplaying Euro or WC just because every time England comes out on those tournaments they are shown just how much they are overrated.
That being said, I do agree Cole has built a name for himself and we can't say just yet that Alba is better.

Jenks

A Euro win is more prestigious for a player, but the Champions League is of a higher standard of football. I wouldn't have thought that was a particularly controversial statement to make.

B

barcelonista

Alba will probably end up winning between 3 and 5 CL titles anyway until he ends his career.

DB10

More English players should play abroad. Great player but will always be the 'c**t who nearly swerved of the road.'

Howes

Only because of the fact that kinda like Roma, and I, well.. don't really like Ashley Cole a whole lot.

Well, no one likes Ashley Cole a whole lot, but he's still a world class player, I'd love to have seen him win a title abroad

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Roma are building a good team. If they can keep their key players then they can really go all the way for the Scudetto.

Trickykid

Well, no one likes Ashley Cole a whole lot, but he's still a world class player, I'd love to have seen him win a title abroad

Isn't he very much over the hill, though? As far as I understand, he didn't play much last season, and he's getting old.

Unless he pulls a Cafu, he should go downhill fast from now.

Howes

Isn't he very much over the hill, though? As far as I understand, he didn't play much last season, and he's getting old.

Unless he pulls a Cafu, he should go downhill fast from now.

He didn't play much, but when he did he was very impressive, I think even as he gets older and his pace declines he's still one of the best in the world as a left back

Home of Barca Fans