Arthur

serghei

Feel free to point out if I'm wrong cause I'm not that well-versed in tactics

I'd like to point out that Sevilla were outrunning us in the mid-field after Banega came on. Seemed like they were controlling the possession and the game. Arthur neutralized that when he came on and Barca regained possession and some control. In that sense, was a perfect sub.

However, once Barca regained some control in the mid-field, he wasn't effective in breaking through their lines and kept going back to his annoying habit of holding on to the ball for too long before giving a lateral pass.

He didn't neutralize that tbh. It's just the benefit of an extra man. When you take out an attacker and bring in an extra midfielder, you're always going to keep the ball better. Arthur seems demotivated.

The conditions in the team are extremely bad for his style, but instead of being more ambitious and trying more to change this, he plays without more verve and conviction. We do this to all players though. I smell even De Jong will start to lose the spark if we go on 1-2 years more like this.

We should start to wake the fuck up and observe that virtually EVERY player we sign from midfield up gets worse at this club. The best games Arthur played for us where at the beginning, vs Madrid, vs Tottenham etc.

Last edited:

mc_lovin

Didn't see that this guy made any good pass.
We can sell him and play Puig

You saw any of our other midfielders make a good pass? Arthur came in with 30 minutes to go, gassed out Suarez upfront, Messi standing next to him in midfield, and thats pretty much it. Prime Xavi wouldnt have made a good pass yesterday. This season in general it doesnt matter who plays in midfield we rarely see good passes. Maybe they all turned to shit (possible). No idea why Arthur is the scapegoat again, Vidal has been utterly terrible for example (like vs Mallorca, but, but goals).

Unfortunately it looks like you guys have a fair chance of getting your will and we will get rid of Arthur. For Pjanic. Enjoy your new and improved midfield.

Last edited:

vuji_31

Nobody want pjanic.

We need diffrent player. Arthur us good but we have players like him in the team that can play like he plays.

We need someone like Iniesta.Read it like:
Thiago,B.Silva,Odegard,Aouar...

mc_lovin

I wouldnt mind Thiago or B. Silva, but lets be realistic. Kevin de Bruyne is nice as well. Either way I would like one of them PLUS Arthur. Vidal and Rakitic need to be gone. More so than Arthur. Thats my whole argument.

raskolnikov

I dont mind Arthur but his safety first type sidd passing makes this team worse. In a strong side he would improve and be a good addition. We need a lot of players to go abd be replaced but Arthur isnt one of them.

serghei

I dont mind Arthur but his safety first type sidd passing makes this team worse. In a strong side he would improve and be a good addition. We need a lot of players to go abd be replaced but Arthur isnt one of them.

Agreed. In a top side (not all, but most) the things Arthur is not great as are done collectively, so a player like Arthur has the options to play in a variety of ways without having to do something extra every time. Just move well, pass well and the game connects because the plan works because everybody else moves well too. So, you don't have to force things as much or try as hard to find options. Because the tactics done that and every player does his part to make sure they are open.

In Barca, the collective movement is so shit, that the only way a player finds a pass is if he does some complicated stuff before he makes the pass. And believe it or not, people and fans think this is how it's supposed to be. A midfielder's job is to invent passing options on his own by doing extravagant stuff and dribbling past players time and time again. And everyone else's job is to stand roughly still and expect the ball to land perfectly on their feet when surrounded by players. :lol:.

Last edited:

serghei

Watched City vs Arsenal some days ago. City players always have a player to pass to in a creative way. Sometimes more than one. Because these players who are in offense move a lot to make sure that happens. If they didn't move, they'd be very close to their markers and the pass wouldn't be possible a lot of times.

Eshez

I've watched some of Arthur's every touch videos from Gremio, Brazil and I watch him for Barcelona. He has never shown any consistent high level vision, penetrative dribbling or 1-2s. He just don't have those skills.

serghei

I've watched some of Arthur's every touch videos from Gremio, Brazil and I watch him for Barcelona. He has never shown any consistent high level vision, penetrative dribbling or 1-2s. He just don't have those skills.

High level vision. :lol:. What's that? The ability to invent passes that are not on? No player has that. Watch Messi vs Sevilla. He was a machine of errors making passes that had no real target.

Eshez

High level vision. :lol:. What's that? The ability to invent passes that are not on? No player has that. Watch Messi vs Sevilla. He was a machine of errors making passes that had no real target.

https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=11
https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=166
https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=206

Yeah there are just no passes to be made whatsoever.

Should be easier for Arthur because Messi is constantly double marked so he has space. But as I say, he does have this skill. Not to say there aren't other problems with the squad, but let's be honest about what Arthur really is.

serghei

https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=11
https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=166
https://youtu.be/09APLNoGOpA?t=206

Yeah there are just no passes to be made whatsoever.

Should be easier for Arthur because Messi is constantly double marked so he has space. But as I say, he does have this skill. Not to say there aren't other problems with the squad, but let's be honest about what Arthur really is.

Lol, he made many many errors with passing during the game. That's why Sevilla had more chances with 3 times less possession. Messi is not double marked, don't know what you saw. Sevilla didn't take any measures for Messi in particular. They just defended zonally all game.

BBZ8800

Agreed. In a top side (not all, but most) the things Arthur is not great as are done collectively

You should write a book.
"A million reasons why Arthur is not guilty for anything".

That wouldn't be a quality book and it wouldn't make any sense.
But it would offer a lot of laughs to readers in these dark days.

A guy is the least creative Barca's CM whom I have seen in the last 25 years.

Even Andre Gomes was braver in attack than him.
Gumbau would also try more forward passes than him.
I am not kidding now.

serghei

You should write a book.
"A million reasons why Arthur is not guilty for anything".

That wouldn't be a quality book and it wouldn't make any sense.
But it would offer a lot of laughs to readers in these dark days.

A guy is the least creative Barca's CM whom I have seen in the last 25 years.

Even Andre Gomes was braver in attack than him.
Gumbau would also try more forward passes than him.
I am not kidding now.

I said many times he has flaws. I said many times he is not fast, not very good at driving with the ball forward and exploiting spaces. That's valid criticism. It's you and others having problems with understanding that every player has a certain profile, some good attributes and some bad ones, and it's up to the club to find ways to showcases his good side, and hide his shortcomings.

What's bad is that there are people around here who actually think payers like Griezmann, Semedo, Arthur, starters for France (world champion), Brazil (south american champions), and Portugal (european champions), some of the best national teams out there, are crap players. :lol: That's what's funny.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans