Arthur

Raketa10

I wouldn't say he was terrible though. You could say he was average or not spectacular to be more precise. Terrible is a word to be used carefully.
Like: "Rakitic and Alba were terrible against liverpool" or "Pique was terrible against Levante".

At 23 years of age, people should expect some inconsistency from midfielders. That was the case with Iniesta and Xavi as well, but some tend to forget.
Trusting the younger players who are considered to be our future core is essential. Arthur and FDJ playing consistently together with defined roles and positions is very important the way I see it.

I agree with you but something is fishy here. I know Valverde is an idiot but it's really surprising to see him on the stands 2 times in the last 3 games. There is some kind of a problem with him for sure. Maybe he isn't training well, maybe he has problems outside of the pitch but something is definitely not right. One thing is to bench him and another thing is to send a player who was our first midfield choice (together with Frenkie) on the stands 2 times in one week.

Last edited:

clemente

He's just not good enough for Valverde's system, Valverde wants someone like Paulinho, Dier, Kondogbia, that could outwrestle opponents.

Porque

Arthur isn't one of Valverde favourites. When he plays great, Valverde has no option but to play him. But when he has an off-game/injury/international travel then he will be dropped until the next game changing sub appearance.

On the other hand the boys club can shit the bed more than a baby with diarrhoea and never be ousted. Alba, Bob, Pique, Busquets, Suarez.

It is what it is.

BBZ8800

I wouldn't say he was terrible though. You could say he was average or not spectacular to be more precise.

You have to remember that along with Frenkie, he is the most loved current player in the team.
So, whatever he does, will be overrated by 200-300% and whatever he does bad, will get alibies like: EV, the whole team is bad, he is surely injured etc.

Now, try to look at this video, and try to imagine that a guy on a video is Paulinho, Rakitic or Gomes and that he had EXACTLY the same game as this guy on a video.
Honestly, replies would have been: a cancer, a pure shit, dogshit, S E L L, give his minutes to Puig/Alena and guys who deserve them.
Isn't it?
Now, please watch this video and for a few minutes, try to imagine Paulinho/Gomes in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyUpwr8KGL0

And he has been playing like that since Sevilla's game.

Riordon

He lacks intensity for Valverde. It something Arthur needs to work on. I can’t see the De Jong-Arthur experiment work long term if we don’t revert to a 433. You need interiors in a 433 and they both want to play mediocentro. After this season it will be one of De Jong/Arthur + a more advanced CM + a DM.

Raketa10

Arthur for sure has more football in his legs than he is showing right now. Problem might be his physical level. He still has to improve in that area significantly. I don't know how is he behaving outside of the pitch, is he partying a lot, does he have some bad eating habits or not, but as I said before something isn't right.

Riordon

Arthur for sure has more football in his legs than he is showing right now. Problem might be his physical level. He still has to improve in that area significantly. I don't know how is he behaving outside of the pitch, is he partying a lot, does he have some bad eating habits or not, but as I said before something isn't right.

Well, there was that thing where he travelled to Paris to celebrate Neymars birthday two days before the Real game.

BBZ8800

I was reading forum and chat during a match on Saturday, so I wasn't listening closely to what a commentator is saying.
But he said something like: Arthur is a great player, but like majority of Brasilians, he likes to party too much.
A commentator mentioned some recent scandal with partying and some photos (were they late at night? I have no idea) and how Valverde didn't like Arthur partying, especially since he already has problems with his fitness.
And that this is a reason why he wasn't called against Valladolid.

I have no idea who is the source of this story and whether it is true, just saying...
Arthur went from:
Dortmund 90 minutes
Villareal 90 minutes
Getage 90 minutes
Inter 90 minutes

To:
Sevilla 65
Eibar 71
Slavia 85
Valladolid -- rested
Levante 66
Slavia -- rested

Partying, weaker physical fitness, a drop in form.

serghei

:lol: Some serious lynching on Arthur by the stat guys.

Suspiciously, they haven't mentioned anything about assists since Arthur is leading with 5.

Last year they couldn't shut up about assists and how Arthur only had 1.

Riordon

:lol: Some serious lynching on Arthur by the stat guys.

Suspiciously, they haven't mentioned anything about assists since Arthur is leading with 5.

Last year they couldn't shut up about assists and how Arthur only had 1.

Arthur has 4, not 5. Messi is leading with 5

Riordon

They probably don't count a pass that led to a penalty as an assist. Even though it is, as it's the last pass made before a goal.

Well, I’m going by the official definition of what an assist is and not one you made to fit your statement about Arthur leading the stats.

But fair enough

Home of Barca Fans