Arthur

Riordon

Maybe, just maybe, if both Rakitic and Busquets stop jogging and starts running to give more options to pass, maybe Arthur can have legs until the end of the game. Our midfield looks a one-man sometimes, with only Arthur building the attacks, moving without the ball, going up and down to participate.

Arthur had these same problems whenever i watched him with Gremio. Improving this guy stamina must be number one priority for him right now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Arthur had these same problems whenever i watched him with Gremio. Improving this guy stamina must be number one priority for him right now.

He was running hard the last 10 minutes making several tackles. He might get tired, but it's probably because he has to move all the time to receive the ball as Rakitic and Busquets are very stationary.

Riordon

He was running hard the last 10 minutes making several tackles. He might get tired, but it's probably because he has to move all the time to receive the ball as Rakitic and Busquets are very stationary.

Im not attacking Arthur or anything. I just think he would be even better with a better stamina which should be easy obtainable for him when he is so young.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Im not attacking Arthur or anything. I just think he would be even better with a better stamina which should be easy obtainable for him when he is so young.

Yes, I know. Fair point. We need more mobile midfielders around him though so he doesn't have to take a few extra steps all the time to find a pass.

EdmondDantes

Arthur is phenomenal. Phenomenal!

Made Modric and Kroos his bitches yet again.

Despite being the only Barcelona midfielder who turned up (Busquets started playing only after Rakitic got subbed), he created, he chased, he tackled, he pressed from the front and he won the ball back time and again.

91 first minute, he darts a ball through to Messi in the final third of the pitch and then in the subsequent play he tracked Asensio down through half the pitch and put a tackle him to see out danger.

I'm loving his arrogance when it comes to dribbling as well. He's like: "yes, unless you foul me, I will take this ball, go round and past you and there's nothing you can do about it."

Monster player whose work rate and pressing is very underrated by a certain someone here.

Flavius

Man I used to say "Xaviesta have glue on their shoes" , well this guy is just getting up there. So hard to take him the ball, unbelievable. Best signing in Bartomeu era.

Devils

lol I've never seen anything like it.

From going from virtually unknown a year ago to becoming one of the best midfielders in the world within 6 months at Barca.

aceshigh

if not for that ugly tackle from the Lanus player at Libertadores final, Arthur would have certainly played the World Club Cup against Real Madrid.

Without him we lost 1-0 to Real Madrid because we could not keep possession, and Cristiano the So Called Ronaldo scored a fluke goal from a wrong freekick where a single player turned sideways and the ball went through the wall.

With Arthur I am quite positive Grêmio would not only have had more possession than it had, as the chance of winning would be much greater, and I would have loved to see Cristiano's shocked face.

ps: Grêmio had a penalty that was not called because refs love to suck to Real.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
With him and FDJ it'll be unfair. Both are extremely mobile, energetic, incredible on the ball, press hard off of it. Opponents won't be able to get into their rhythm at all and we'll be mobile in our offense again.

Arthur-FDJ-Aleña could be a top 10 midfield in the world right now at the least IMO. Call it an exaggeration but that's exactly what people said when we claimed how legit Arthur was less than a year ago.

There isn't a midfielder I'd take in the world over Arthur right now. Some may be "better" at other things but because of how he plays and what he does, Arthur is the best possible midfielder in the world for Barcelona right now.

Home of Barca Fans