Arthur

RMU ReBorn

OfWKEXJ.jpg

Killer :lol:

Leong157

I get what BBZ was trying to do. But to say speed is a CON for midfielder is just SO WRONG. I cannot think of a world class midfielder who is a speedster in the past 20 years. Some are slower, some are faster. Name a worldclass midfielder who is well known because of speed for me then.

BBZ8800

I get what BBZ was trying to do. But to say speed is a CON for midfielder is just SO WRONG. I cannot think of a world class midfielder who is a speedster in the past 20 years. Some are slower, some are faster. Name a worldclass midfielder who is well known because of speed for me then.

About Arthur's pace, we will see more of him and estimate him better over time.

About pace in general for midfielders, it is a skill.
Everything is a skill and can improve your passing, shooting, defending, covering.
Passing is a skill.
First touch is a skill.
Off the ball movement is a skill.
Defending is a skill.
Pace is a skill.
Strength is a skill.
Stamina is a skill.

Ok, some skills are more important for a certain position, but at the end of a day, everything is a skill and imo it is silly to ask: why would you need a pace for a CM?

Well, a few examples, let's take Rakitic, who is quite slow:
1. if he were faster, he would have slightly more time to get an advantage after dribbles or getting a loose ball, to think what to do and make a perfect pass
2. he would win more loose balls in the middle of a pitch (with better acceleration and pace)
3. from time to time he would get into an open space and receive someone's through ball
4. when dribbling, he wouldn't lose the ball so easily as today
5. in defending, against speedy opponents or wingers, he would be even better to close down or make a tackle
6. when he gets the ball around the box and makes 1-2 steps before shooting (to get into a better position), with more pace/acceleration, he would have a few miliseconds more to try a perfect longrange shot without being closed down, pushed or tackled from a defender

So, more pace will give you a few miliseconds extra in majority of attacking and defensive events during the match... UNLESS if we play against a parked bus consisted of 10 defenders when our players are just passing the ball from left to right, then you don't need (too much) pace in that scenario.

The same is about stamina.
The more you have it, the longer you will be able to play at 100% during 90 minutes.
The less you have it, you will start to lose a few miliseconds and inches in every pass, every tackle, every run for a lose ball, every jump for a header, every shot from the edge of a box.
You won't be at 100% anymore, but 90%, 80% as the match goes by.

Also, I feel that majority will reply: Xavi was slow and look how good he was.
Well, he wasn't good BECAUSE of his poor pace, but INSPITE of it.
Imagine if Xavi was faster. Whatever he was doing, he would get an extra 10-20% to it.
Plus, he was the best passer of all time, so we shouldn't even compared anyone with him.
He was sooo good that he didn't need pace.
But for other players, who are humans, pace, stamina, strength, all skills will improve your overal abilities.

Also, during the last 2 years, majority of us made a lot of jokes about our turtle midfield when we had Iniesta-Rakitic-Busi.
A lot of guys were writing in the last few Months how we need a faster and more mobile CMs and how RM's midfielders are faster and more mobile than ours (at least Isco, Modric and Casemiro).
In that sense, for now, Arthur isn't improvement in terms of our slow midfield.

We could debate whether pace could improve a midfielder only by 1% or by 50%.
But again, pace is a skill.

Tonight is a 2nd match.
We will see more about all new players (Arthur, Malcom, Lenglet and Bteam players).

Last edited:

Trickykid

I am not killing every train, though :lol:

Till now, in my career of killing the party and killing trains, I have managed to more or less successfully "kill" (and faced 1000s of insults each time): Alexis, Bartra, Neymar, Halilovic, Samper, Adama, Denis.
I am still working on Dembele's train.
I am unsure what to do with Alena's train in this moment, also tbh.
The only train where I was wrong was Mats. He turned from Frosty the Frozen into an awesome Gk. My bad, Mats.

Dude, you merrily choo choo'ed away while stoking the boiler of the Aleñá train more than just about anyone else back in the days with your #TeamAlena hashtagging. If you're going to derail that one, you'd better own up...

Jcar

BBZ8800 simply ignored me :lol: It must be because I'm Brazilian. Now I have to be a hater :T

That talk about stopping hype is bullshit, he sensed that he was about to be wrong with Arthur, got scared and just started that kind of talk for us not mentioning that he was wrong. He even was caught desperate trying to find anything to badmouth Arthur.

And even if Neymar has a shit personality, if you said he wasn't good enough, you were wrong, he's fucking good, it's not one month of football that will erase everything he did.

He is one of those people that dont like success of others. And he has to be mr right, and everyone else is wrong. He just loves it. :D

Hehe just messing with you [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] :)

BBZ8800

BBZ8800 simply ignored me :lol: It must be because I'm Brazilian. Now I have to be a hater :T

That talk about stopping hype is bullshit, he sensed that he was about to be wrong with Arthur, got scared and just started that kind of talk for us not mentioning that he was wrong. He even was caught desperate trying to find anything to badmouth Arthur.

And even if Neymar has a shit personality, if you said he wasn't good enough, you were wrong, he's fucking good, it's not one month of football that will erase everything he did.

He is one of those people that dont like success of others. And he has to be mr right, and everyone else is wrong. He just loves it. :D

Hehe just messing with you [MENTION=16942]BBZ8800[/MENTION] :)

I have seen your post, and JamDavs about about my profile from the past (Jam, it was Bob88888, something like that, I had only a few posts over years. Then I was whining about Neymar how he will not be a good fit and Flavia banned me and deleted me, saying: we shouldn't talk bad about our players).
Anyway, JCar, I like Coutinho, I often say only that he is not that good in defense and not too fast.
I liked Paulinho.
I wanted Willian here.
Soooo, this is not Brasilians, as you see. (Ronaldinho, Rivaldo?)

About your post, I have seen that CAM even a few Months ago in other player's section.
But I don't believe that we will ever pursue him so I didn't comment.

But as you see, last 2 pages here are about me. And since 1000s of people around the world are reading this forum because of Barca and our players and not because of crazy forum fights, I tried not to answer some questions and not to hijack a thread further.
I know when I am reading THIS forum, or some other music, movie or sports forum, the dumbest thing to read in a topic: is a fight between 2-3 users dragging for several pages.
When I read that, I say to myself: oh, no, not these 2 guys again.

And the only thing worse than stupid long on-topic forum fights are: stupid long OFF-TOPIC fights with personal remarks like from your post.
Whatever I'll reply on your personal remark, you or someone else will reply to my post and here we go: dragging some offtopic debate.
So, let's not go there and let's save users from boring offtopic stuff.

So, if I am not answering some posts, that is usually NOT because I think: oh no, I lost. But because I am not interested in going into stupid fights, especially off-topic.
I am not even interested in ontopic debates anymore, more than 1-2 posts per day.
Even though, I know that my "killing a party" posts about new players are often causing a fight in the first place... ;)

But please, let's go back to Arthur in this topic.

Last edited:

Jcar

I expect a Lot more from him. I think he is playing too safe, he needs to take more risks. There were some plays that he should be more agressive instead of slowing down the play.

If he stays like that, he may be the player that will aways be subbed in bad situations. Even If you are a cm controller, Barcelona demands more than that.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans