Argentina

Andresito

Staff member
Seems like I missed a masterclass performance. Been reading exclusively positive things about the last game.
Good to hear ahead of WC. Let's hope their core players remain injury free.

Hardy

we still have to see them against stronger european teams though. when it was last time? think world cup. This team for me lack of a world class fullback and I can't believe they didn't produce any of them for about 10-15 years. and though Otamendi kinda redeem himself in the last matches of copa america I still don't trust him on a world cup stage.

malvolio

Seems like I missed a masterclass performance. Been reading exclusively positive things about the last game.
Good to hear ahead of WC. Let's hope their core players remain injury free.

they have a player in top form in every department right now. and that means they have a strong backbone.

martinez, romero, de paul and messi. this looks like a very good blend of experience, energy and leadership for argentina.

attack is a little suspect for me. as lautaro doesn't have a strong competitor/replacement.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
they have a player in top form in every department right now. and that means they have a strong backbone.

martinez, romero, de paul and messi. this looks like a very good blend of experience, energy and leadership for argentina.

attack is a little suspect for me. as lautaro doesn't have a strong competitor/replacement.

Lautaro is a good fit for Messi. He runs for two players even though his finishing is kinda shit.

malvolio

Lautaro is a good fit for Messi. He runs for two players even though his finishing is kinda shit.

Yeah, Lautaro seems decent and has chemistry with Messi. I am more worried at what happens when he isn't available.

Like vs Paraguay, when Correa missed every chance he got. Not much to choose from in the striking department.

soul24rage

Yeah, Lautaro seems decent and has chemistry with Messi. I am more worried at what happens when he isn't available.

Like vs Paraguay, when Correa missed every chance he got. Not much to choose from in the striking department.

Yeah, J. Correa doesn't have the striker's instincts and he's better as an impact sub rather than a starter imo.

I have hopes for River Plate's Julian Alvarez, who has been linked with AC Milan. Hopefully he pans out as Lautaro's sub by WC 22.

Also, hoping that Aguero could have a resurgence in this Barca side.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent

Yeah, both Angel and Joaquin Correa are hot-and-cold and are second strikers rather than real CFs on top of that. There is also Nico Gonzalez who looks like a headless chicken so far

Horatio

You're welcome
Argentina disappointed me tonight. They did that thing again where they controlled the full game the first half and then released foot from pedal second half but then almost get themselves into trouble. They should have raked up more goals. Noticed how they tried to keep breaking through middle and ignored the right flank. Would only play it right if Di Maria was to be found somewhere there. They seemed to ignore right back Nahuel Molina a lot of times but then good for him that time they didn't he delivered a perfect cross for Lautaro to score the only goal.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans