Antoine Griezmann

BBZ8800

I doubt Levy would ask 190m for a player with 2 years left on his contract if that player did want out, Eriksen can just let his contract run down and leave on a free. Spurs would rinse a PL rival but i dont think they'd be that ridiculous with a team abroad

From other cases:
1. if you have 1 year left on your contract, a transfer price can be lower (let's say from 100M regular price, to let's say 50-70M).
2. if you have 2 years left on your contract, you can ONLY leave eventually, but not for a lower price. So, if your price is 100M, you can leave, BUT for 100M. Or in the best case scenario, for like 85-90M.
3. if you have 3 years or more left on your contract, well, you won't be allowed to leave, and if you'll leave, you'll go for your regular price (100M) or even more, let's say 120M.
** This is not a fact, just my explanation.

So, imo, if you are expecting that Tottenham will lower a price because a player has 2 years left on contract, I think that you are too romantic.
If Coutinho was 160M only a few Months ago, then Eriksen is a player of a similar level, right?
Or, 130-140-150M.
The only "discount" could be a price of around 110-120M at best in some best case scenario where a player wants to leave and a club is letting him go.
But the last few big transfers from Tottenham were:
1. Modric's long saga Real-Tottenham and a lot of drama
2. and Bale breaking the world record fee

So, I personally wouldn't expect some discounts from Levi.
Eriksen's realistic price is probably 130-160M.
And some best case discount could be 110-120-ish M. And again, I don't get why would Tottenham's owner let him go.

That report was from last year.

Oh, ok.
But still his price is higher than Dembele's and Coutinho's.

Now, just use my numbers from above: asking price 190.
And a discount price is probably 130-150M at best.

FCBfan22

From other cases:
1. if you have 1 year left on your contract, a transfer price can be lower (let's say from 100M regular price, to let's say 50-70M).
2. if you have 2 years left on your contract, you can ONLY leave eventually, but not for a lower price. So, if your price is 100M, you can leave, BUT for 100M. Or in the best case scenario, for like 85-90M.
3. if you have 3 years or more left on your contract, well, you won't be allowed to leave, and if you'll leave, you'll go for your regular price (100M) or even more, let's say 120M.

So, imo, if you are expecting that Tottenham will lower a price because a player has 2 years left on contract, I think that you are too romantic.
If Coutinho was 160M only a few Months ago, then Eriksen is a player of a similar level, right?
Or, 130-140-150M.
The only "discount" could be a price of around 110-120M at best in some best case scenario where a player wants to leave and a club is letting him go.

And some best case discount could be 110-120-ish M. And again, I don't get why would Tottenham's owner let him go.

The problem in Tottenham are the wages. They need to decide who they want to keep out of Eriksen/Alli/Kane, because their wage structure doesn't allow them to keep all 3. Selling Eriksen to us for 100-120 million would be a good business for them as things stand now.

Givenchy

From other cases:

Or, 130-140-150M.

Oh, ok.
But still his price is higher than Dembele's and Coutinho's.

Now, just use my numbers from above: asking price 190.
And a discount price is probably 130-150M at best.

different situation. Coutinho had 4+ years left on his contract, it was mid-season (january) which was pretty inconvenient for Liverpool

BBZ8800

different situation. Coutinho had 4+ years left on his contract, it was mid-season (january) which was pretty inconvenient for Liverpool

Even in the summer it was: nothing, or 160-170M in case of selling.
Remember that we were offering those 100+40 deals whole summer.

The problem in Tottenham are the wages. They need to decide who they want to keep out of Eriksen/Alli/Kane, because their wage structure doesn't allow them to keep all 3. Selling Eriksen to us for 100-120 million would be a good business for them as things stand now.

Imo, if they decide to sell Kane, it won't be: you can go for a discount price.
It will be: ok, he can go. For 150-200M.

About Eriksen, the same.
Ok, he can go.
Who will splash 120-130-150M?
Barca, Real, Psg, City, Utd easily, right?

I just don't see him leaving for some discount price like 100M.
If he'll leave, someone will buy him closer to 130M, imo. Which is another transfer on the level of Coutinho&Dembele.

** I am replying to a post: Thiago and Eriksen for 160M.
Imo, Bayern will ask 70-85.
Tottenham will ask at least 130.
So, those two will be 200+ Millions.

Givenchy

About Eriksen, the same.
Ok, he can go.

If he'll leave, someone will buy him closer to 130M, imo. Which is another transfer on the level of Coutinho&Dembele.

Eriksen isn't the same as Kane. Kane is the face of England, the national team captain. Eriksen is a top midfielder with 2 years left on his contract.

in the summer we were too busy chasing Verratti. im not saying Levy will give us a discount price but i disagree he'll cost that much and if United or City want him Levy will price them out due to them being PL rivals. fwiw i'd pay 120m for Eriksen

Givenchy

About Eriksen, the same.
Ok, he can go.

Eriksen isn't the same as Kane. Kane is the face of England, the national team captain. Eriksen is a top midfielder with 2 years left on his contract.

in the summer we were too busy chasing Verratti. im not saying Levy will give us a discount price but i disagree he'll cost that much and if United or City want him Levy will price them out due to them being PL rivals. fwiw i'd pay 120m for Eriksen..

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Lads, we're not going to sign Eriksen or any top class midfielder. We might sign another kid though, or Rabiot who's mentally a kid.

Would be a miracle if we even sign someone like Thiago even if he's available for 60-70m :lol:

FCBfan22

I just hope that the cunts in our board have the alternatives if Griezmann isn't comming.

The alternatives should be:
Eriksen or Thiago and Pjanić.

Here you have 3 plans. But knowing our board, they have tunnel vision on Antoine, so if he doesn't come, they won't have a clue what to do.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I just hope that the cunts in our board have the alternatives if Griezmann isn't comming.

The alternatives should be:
Eriksen or Thiago and Pjanić.

Here you have 3 plans. But knowing our board, they have tunnel vision on Antoine, so if he doesn't come, they won't have a clue what to do.

I mean we kind of need a top midfielder regardless of Griezmann.

I have a bad feeling about this summer. Like last summer when the big objective was to sign a midfielder and we chased Verratti and Coutinho only to end up with neither. Heck we almost signed Di Maria.

This is why I say: Expect nothing

wisconsincule

If he was staying at Atleti he would come out and say it wouldn’t he?? I’m still holding out hope that we sign him and a top midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans